Published on May 23, 2011 by Mona Lisa

1.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking?
Published 8 months ago by Josh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY thing that keeps my skin from itching and breaking out!!!!!, May 23, 2011
This review is from: Gold Bond ultimate healing concentrated skin therapy cream - 3.5 Oz (Misc.)
I have very sensitive skin and my doctor recently convinced me it is also dry enough to be causing the eczema signs and symptoms I've had for a number of years. I also have a sensitive nose and don't want to cover my body with smelly stuff. I started putting this stuff all over (it's easier on wet skin right after a bath/shower), and in a few weeks time the lesions on my skin disappeared. The itching stopped immediately.

I had a little panic when my local drug store stopped stocking it, and I found the other drug store in my town doesn't stock it either. I tried a number of different brands. Some say "unscented" but still smell perfumy. And none stopped the itching as this stuff does.

TO CHATTEM (and whoever acquires the Gold Bond brand in the future) PLEASE!!!!!!! Don't ever discontinue GOLD BOND ULTIMATE HEALING CONCENTRATED THERAPY CREAM!!!!!! And DON'T ADD SCENT TO IT EITHER!!!!!!!!! You added scent to the pump lotion and I will not buy it. True unscented lotions are hard enough to find. This is a winning combination, and you would do well to make the lotion in the pump bottle available as unscented also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally A Lotion That Works!, March 1, 2011
I cannot list the number of lotions, moisturizers, gloves (for nighttime use), etc. that I have bought and tried over the years for the dry skin on my hands. Upon taking on a childcare crew this past school year and changing a multitude of diapers each day, a lotion that worked inspite of the constant hand washing was necessary. I was so tired of bloody, cracked, painful hands, fingers, and fingertips. This lotion does just what it claims...stays on inspite of hand washing! My hands are no longer an embarrassment to me, and I get to sleep w/o having them coated in some greasy/oily mixture with gloves (that make my hands too hot!). I've found this product at every grocery in town, and it runs around $6-$7/tube; and occasionally there is a coupon available. I've even been using it on our daughter for all-over protection. She has eczema and this soaks in w/o a greasy mess all over her clothing. Love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST solution to combat super dry skin!, August 19, 2013
Ann (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
Works great on feet, hands, elbows, anywhere your skin is overly dry. Rub into feet at bedtime, put on clean white socks. After a few nights of this treatment, your feet, especially your heels, will look and feel better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth fingertips at last, March 25, 2012
I got a tube of this cream as an impulse purchase at the drugstore, but I was desperate for something that would keep the rough skin on my fingertips at bay. I like the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion with Aloe, in spite of its strong floral fragrance, and hoped this product would also be effective. My hands get so rough in the dry winter air that things catch on them. Working with fabrics and textiles becomes impossible. Think how Laura Ingalls' hands looked after the long winter of twisting slough hay to burn for warmth after the family ran out of coal during the Hard Winter of 1880-81. This is the stuff she would've craved for relief.

This cream really, really works. It's very thick, so just a dab a couple of times a day after washing my hands keeps my fingertips soft and my cuticles free from hangnails. My elbows don't look like a reptile starting to shed. I can wrap a knitted scarf around my neck and not have it catch on my index finger and pull the threads out.

Although it does sink in pretty fast, my hands tend to be a bit slippery for a while after application. There's no odor I can detect (sometimes "fragrance free" means a somewhat medicinal odor that hasn't been covered up with another scent). It's such a relief to find a product like this that does what it promises on the box.

1.0 out of 5 stars What were they thinking?, November 11, 2013
I usually love Gold Bond products. However, this one is the work of a genius after suffering a sever blow to the head. I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to make a moisturizer that is one third silicone and petrolatum (3% silicone, 30% petrolatum)and then add a bunch of thickeners so that the cream gets to the point where you can not spread it at all. I had to let it sit for a little bit so the ingredients that would actually moisturize my skin instead of just coating it could set in and I could wash off most of the occlusive ingredients that make my skin so slippery it would need a caution sign. I wouldn't buy this hand cream ever. Get a much better fragrance free lotion that moisturizes your skin instead of just retaining moisture by blocking it from the outside world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basically Petroleum Jelly, December 26, 2013
This is a very thick lotion, but it is basically petroleum jelly. We bought it to use frequently because we are washing our hands a lot through the day. It doesn't work to use frequently, because it's so greasy. I do use it at night, but I still have to rub off some of the lotion. I do think this would be a good protective lotion for someone who is going to be outside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for my winter hands, January 22, 2013
Of all of the hand lotions I've ever tried, this is the ONLY product that relives my dry winter hands. Just a little bit goes a long way, too- I have been using the same tube for 9 months and only just now need to order a new container. My only complaint is that it's a little greasy on the fingers, but I get around that by only putting it on the backs of my hands when I'm at work/ need to type or use my hands. It's wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope this reappears on shelves!, December 6, 2012
Unscented, rich, easy to apply - your skin will love it! I bought this product for my hands and heels - but have ended up using it on my face on my wrinkles and extra dry areas. Truthfully, it works as well - perhaps, better - than some of the "name" face moisturizers I've used, including ones that cost more than $150. I've heard that this particular product is - or will be - discontinued. Too bad because it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold bond ultimate healing concentrated therapy, May 6, 2011
This is the best skin moisturizer I used in my life. No other product match the gold bond's magic.

My hands & feet would be so dry, I used to file down the callouses & dry skin on my hands & feet & cuticles to get the rough areas out.I would go to get aroma mani & pedi & paraffin to remove my extreme dry skin. But this smooth skin from the mani, pedi lasts 1-2 days.

Gold bond help my skin smooth all day long. I go to get mani & pedi less often. I wish I knew about this sooner in my 43years of life.

I will keep buying this lotion that really work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich cream especially for flight, June 18, 2014
Uses this cream whenever I fly or during winter time. Scentless and protects your hands really well. This are very hard to find in Walgreen's or CVS so I am very happy that they are available here on Amazon and with such affordable price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›