4.0 out of 5 stars Best in class from a true Skater
Published 21 months ago by optimizeyourvideo

3.0 out of 5 stars neat, fun, but...
Fun little board that has better grip than most other plastic boards. The colors are great and really eye catching (got green with yellow wheels). I think that the wider size 57mm wheel makes it more stable as well, even though the trucks are mini. I couldn't tell if I got a lot of flex from the board since I'm pretty light.

However, make sure you have a...
Published 3 months ago by Juliana B Minn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Best in class from a true Skater, September 24, 2012
This is the best banana board style skateboard on the market today. The kyrptonics board available at Wal-Mart is inferior to the point that it is almost impossible to ride properly. The same goes for the "Stereo Vinyl" boards available on Amazon. There simply is NO comparison between the Kryptonics, Stereo Vinyl, and the Gold Cup Banana Boards. Gold Cup is in a category of its own.

I have been skateboarding for 26+ years. My review is based on a good hard skate of this board. I have ridden it down hill, in the street, on ramps, even while doing a hand stand. I have done manuals on this board and attempted to ollie it and do early grab airs on it. I even went so far as to take the trucks and wheels off the Gold Cup Bananna Board and to drill holes in my late 70's Nash banana board and attached the Gold Cup Banana board trucks to it to compare the feel of the two.

First, the Skate City trucks on the Gold Cup Banana Board are more responsive and perform better than those on the Kyrptonics and the Stereo Vinyl competitors. The difference is not minimal either... the Skate City trucks provide the kind of control and feel you would expect from a pro model skateboard. Quality trucks are ESSENTIAL to being able to truly skate a board ie... ride it seriously in the street, in skate parks, and on ramps. The Skate City Trucks rock!

The wheels ride nicely on rough streets, smooth streets, and sidewalks. They make chip seal style pavement ride smooth and fast. They are super soft and large providing additional stabilization to your ride.

The bearings are surprisingly fast. They appear to be excellent quality and are still providing a speedy ride after a couple weeks of riding. I am able to do lengthy manuals easily.

The board is more sturdy and a better build than competing models yet it is not too heavy. The raised "patented" top grip pattern provides a nice solid no slip grip and works well. The only complaint I have is that I would like a little longer tail... but that is just because I want to be able to ollie the board ;-) The tail is rather short and sharp though... but it is rigid and provides enough area to do kick turns, 360 spins, and manuals. Still... it just feels too short... even an inch would be an improvement on the tail. This is the only reason I am giving it 4 stars and not 5.

The Gold Cup Banana Board looks, feels, and skates great. If you want to do more than hang your board on your wall... if you actually plan on riding the thing... make sure its a Gold Cup Banana Board.

I cannot comment on "Penny" boards... as I have not ridden them but there are other reviews on them on Amazon. I'd like to give one of them a test run someday. But as for the Gold Cup Banana board... buy it. It's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas for my son, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Gold Cup Banana Board Cruzer (Sports)
First, Gold Cup makes a better retro cruiser board than Penny, Stereo, Bantam or any other company that has jumped onto the bandwagon. Skate City trucks are better than the generic "blank" trucks used on other cruisers. Gold Cup Stoke-em's wheels are terrific. The deck has a concentric circle pattern with the circles at different heights - provides superior grip out of the box. My son skated a Penny board and his feet slipped off the board. He wanted a cruiser without grip tape and this is the best and it's from NHS, Inc. Bearings - they're fast. This is the fastest cruiser I've seen / skated. No need to lubricate bearings - it rides great.

Skateboarding legend Lance Mountain had a hand in the development of this product. It's better than any other cruiser on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Riding, January 9, 2013
Reuben (Hilo, HI USA) - See all my reviews
I used to ride a lot when I was younger. When my kids bought rip sticks, I searched and found this board. When I got it, I noticed that it was really fast and smooth. It rides really nicely. I have had the board for a month now and it still rides smoothly. The board is a little small and the bushings are a little stiff that's why I took off one star. Over all, for the price, I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars best banana board, March 12, 2013
Great product. Great material. Makes me back to 70s. The grip is so original. Hope it gets patented. Lance Mountain rocks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board, May 6, 2014
I picked this Gold Cup Banana over the Penny because of the grip (which is really great) and the wheels (which are also really great). Well-made, super fast--I have no complaints.

For people who are on the fence because of the ABEC 3 bearings, do a little reading and you'll find that anything beyond ABEC 3 is usually unnecessary for most skateboarding. If the wheels seem slow, try loosening them a bit before blaming the bearings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my daughter learning to skate board, June 11, 2013
I thought I would pick this up for my daughter and myself, but quickly remembered it's been ages since I've been on a board. This small size is perfect for my daughter that is learning to skateboard. She's gonna be a ripper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, December 31, 2012
This is my second banana board, the first is kryptonics torpedo, bought from target. Contrast to the first ont Gold up is a hero. It is more steady, more fluency,even faster than the first one with Reds bearing, that is amazing.I love this one and commend it for who want to buy banana board.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, June 9, 2013
I have had this for several weeks and it rides nice! The only problem is the trucks are too tight which is fixable by simply loosening the trucks. The wheels roll over just about everything that gets in the way. The deck itself has a nice sturdy feel and a great grip pattern!

4.0 out of 5 stars SKATE BOARD, January 9, 2013
Chuck Hecht "Chuckster" (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Gift for grand kids has worked out nicely! They should get many years of use out of this fine product

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Gold Cup Banana Board Cruzer (Sports)
I love it great cruiser just replaced abec 5s with bones super reds bearings and it gave me the feeling of Christmas also shipping was good and I love the wheels "gold cup Stoke'ems" awesome wheels

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›