4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
The dryer does what I need it to do. Small issues like the heat doesn't reach the back of my hair line. I have to use a hand dryer to finish drying the back. The high setting can be really hot and canister can barely fit my head with the rollers.

But again, the dryer does essentially dry the hair (it can reach) completely and effectively.
Published on April 11, 2011 by Nary

1.0 out of 5 stars Gold''n Hot hair Dryer GH5135 from Beauty In Black
Published on March 10, 2010 by D. Dixson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Gold''n Hot hair Dryer GH5135 from Beauty In Black, March 10, 2010
This review is from: Gold N Hot Gh5135v1 Elite 1875 Watt Ionic Full Hood Professional Hair Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I would not buy this product as it is poorly made. I also would not buy from the vendor. The hood of the hair dryer would not adjust up or down. And, after only two attempts to get the hood to adjust down the hood would not stay in open position. Also, when I turned the dryer on it immediately turned itself off. I contacted the Beauty in Black vendor for a return and they do not have a contact # only email. Their return policy has a 20% return restock fee and their email address to request a RMA (return merchandize authorization) #actually is with a different vendor called [...]. In sending the request as directed the email bounce back -- the email address is no good!!! So, I am at a lost how to get this issue resolved.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, August 28, 2010
Bonda (BEAUMONT, TX, US) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased this pretty little dryer that gets hot and the hood drops. Dryer is poorly constructed plastic that softens when it heats up. Latches won't hold. Very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Better Dryers Available, September 18, 2010
This dryer is very attractive from the outside, but it works terribly. For starters, it's waaaay too hot!I have to lift the hood several times just to get any relief from the hotness of this dryer. Second, as with most hooded dryers, it doesn't distribute the heat evenly toward the back of your head. I don't know what the makers were thinking when they designed such a dryer! Did they even bother trying it out before distributing to the market? Last, I can't return this item because the beauty supply store I purchased it at, doesn't have a return policy. So now I'm stuck with this piece of mess!Purchase at your own risk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase this dryer, March 23, 2012
I would not buy this product again and would caution others not to. I purchased it at my local beauty supply store because it looked nice and it was supposedly of a higher quality than the one I owned previously. When I opened the box I first noticed the very poor quality of the plastic used to make the dryer and that it only has two settings, unbearably hot and not hot enough. It has no height adjustment. It doesn't dry the back of my hair and if I put rollers in my hair then my head doesn't fit underneath it. Do not purchase this product it is a waste of money. Like the other reviewer, I tried to return it to my local beauty supply store and they would not take it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Made, July 8, 2012
Pepperp (RANDALLSTOWN, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
I brought this hair dryer about a year ago, first the hair dryer is very loud, and it has only 2 settings. I had this dryer for little over a year and the adjustment for the bonnet will not stay in place so while you are under the dryer the bonnet will fall down on your face without warning, please do not buy this dryer, it's a piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars hood bad, April 10, 2014
Hood will not come down far enough. I have to sit on three pillows to get my head high enough. Don't buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first use, May 6, 2014
I only attempted to use this item once, and it stopped blowing hot air after approx 5 minutes... Waste of my time and money and now I am stuck with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you don't mind it falling on your head frequently !, December 13, 2014
I actually didn't mind that the dryer is made of cheap plastic, because it is lightweight and easy to fold up and carry . The settings seems to work fine: even the highest setting is still comfortable. The problem is that there is what appears to be height adjustment slots on the front, however, when lowered the bonnet frequently collapses on your head! The most annoying thing ever. I've taken to sitting on a pillow, which still doesn't place me high enPugh for proper drying. Wastes of money but it seems most of the ones on the market in this price range have similar issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, April 11, 2011
Nary "nary" (miami gardens, fl) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 19, 2014
This product took about two weeks to arrive. Product was great. It comes actually the way it is displayed on the site. I was very pleased with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›