4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, wish it was made in USA though...
Published 16 months ago by ShiShisOpinion

3.0 out of 5 stars Get's hot but not hot enough
I am not an expert but I would like this product more if it got hotter, and if it had the ability to be set at different temperatures.
Published 13 months ago by Degree Seeker

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, wish it was made in USA though..., September 24, 2013
This review is from: Gold 'N Hot Professional Ceramic Heater Stove (Health and Beauty)
Hi Natural Sisters! If you need one of these then you are doing an old fashioned press n curl! : ) or something like that. Anyhoo I remember back in the day when we would use the kitchen stove. I just bought a thermal flat iron (*note when we say "thermal" that means uses a stove and has marcel handles, some folks say" Marcel Irons", it's all where you are from). The reason why a thermal iron is often preferred is the iron quality. Quality iron is what produces a good finish. Electric irons use a different type of metal plate that does not work as well on coarser hair.
Well when I pulled mine out of the box I was pleased. I received mine fast because Amazon was the filler. It is true, these ovens are hot hot hot around the outside so be careful. I had to order one because nowadays it's just not proper to use the kitchen stove. So I bought for convenience and i luv it. the price is okay, wish they were cheaper and I wish we made them in the USA. Back in the day the cords were covered in a cloth because the cord can easily burn too if it touches the metal. I NEVER thought being in beauty school in the 80's that we would come back to this way of doing things. But it's good to be natural. Our hair really is beautiful just learn some styling tips on youtube, you can do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GH500 Heater Stove, February 12, 2011
This is a great little stove! It heats up quickly. You really have to be carefully and not touch the stove as the directions states because the metal on the outside get very hot. Be sure to keep it sitting on a smooth flat surface so that the air can circulate around it! Takes up little space on the counter. It also seems to be quite sturdy as I have already had the misfortune of dropping it, but it still heats right up. It surely deserves 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stove! No more back & forth from the kitchen!, December 17, 2012
Genellyn (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Now I can do my hair all in my room. Before I had to keep going into the kitchen, then wait for the comb to cool down, then take it back into the kitchen, etc. This added probably an hour to my hair time. Now I just heat up my comb in my room with my mirrors and other hair products and I can get it done in about two hours rather than 3!

This stove gets REALLY hot though. Don't touch the outside and make sure it's not around anything flammable. It's very sturdy, seems like it will last me a while. I am pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Long time to heat, September 4, 2013
Although it works well this product took quite some time to reach its heat potential. I would say at least an hour before it got hot enough to use in hair. I would recommend it but just be prepared to heat it an hour befor using it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Life Saver, May 20, 2013
I am transitioning from using a chemical relaxer to wearing my hair in it's natural state and this tool has made straightening my hair to maintain the look I am used to much easier. I thought that this would be a good investment but it has worked even better than I expected!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, January 1, 2013
This is excellent. I used to go to my beautician and she uses one of these. So I thought that I would order my own. It works great. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars review, June 16, 2013
The gold n Hot professional ceramic heater stove is a great item except the outer part of the stove get really hot so be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you, March 16, 2014
My wife loves it, easy to use and she uses it when she needs it, especially for times she's gotta doll up

4.0 out of 5 stars functionality, not good, March 14, 2014
I prurchased this ceramic heater to replace one I had for over 20yrs. I liked the older model much better because the opening where you put the iron in had a pass through to the back which allowed for using longer irons. This new model does not have that feature so the irons hang out in the front. Other than that, it works ok. I love Gold N hot products.

3.0 out of 5 stars Get's hot but not hot enough, December 20, 2013