- File Size: 828 KB
- Print Length: 328 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: YA Books Imprint (January 1, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 1, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CGQ7Y1E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,024,790 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $11.00 (79%)
Gold Manor Ghost House (Four Families Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 328 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Book 1 of 2 in Four Families (2 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Currently she has two young adult series: The Four Families, which includes GOLD MANOR GHOST HOUSE and CRIMSON HALL GHOST HOUSE and the Exiled Trilogy, complete with THE KNOWERS, THE SECOND FALL, and THE UNITED.
Top Customer Reviews
Usually any title with the word "ghost" in it captures my attention, and it was no different for this book. The title references the name of the tv show the characters are in. It also reflects real life for them.
I don't like the cover at all. It's not very captivating nor does it tell us anything about the book besides one of the characters is a girl. There's so many different covers this book could've had, so why settle on a boring photo of some girl. I just hope the cover doesn't put others off because this is a good read.
The world building, while believable, was confusing at some points in the book. I don't know if it's because a lot of questions will be revealed in the next book (if there is one) or what. There were times when I had no idea what was going on. I even would go back a few pages and reread them in case I had missed something, but I hadn't. I don't really know how to describe it other than to say the world building was choppy at times. Besides being confused, I found myself drawn to the world which the author created for this book. There were times when I felt like I was even one of the characters.
I enjoyed the pacing. Once you get past the confusing bits of the story, the pacing is done rather well. I was totally immersed in this book, and I could've wait to read the next chapter to find out what the characters would experience next.
The plot was interesting albeit confusing since we don't really know where and what Anna is yet. It's the typical good versus evil story, but written in a very interesting way.Read more ›
I started reading in the very early morning hours as I could not sleep. Before I even realized it, I had read the first 11 chapters. The characters drew me in and the story kept me there. I reluctantly put it down at 5am as I needed some sleep. (What I really wanted was to keep reading, but my common sense kicked in.) I resumed reading as soon as I was able. Once again, I could not put the book down. I finished reading within a couple of hours.
I hope there is more to this story. I would love to know what happens next. Hoping for a sequel.
I highly recommend this book to all fans of paranormal/fantasy romance.
This is the second book I've read by Merry Brown. She has unique ideas and an amazing talent for writing. Watch out world, here comes the next J.K. Rowling.
Nothing worked out as Anna had hoped. She began experiencing much confusion, questioned her crush on her favorite drummer, faced new scenarios, causing her to question her very existence. The world she grew up in now seemed so foreign. Many new, shocking situations began to occur changing her views on almost everything!
Described in a very realistic way, the characters in the book seem to come alive out of the pages. The surrounding scenes are portrayed in a way that one feels as though he/she is there...It can be very creepy at times. As the story ends, the reader has the sense of finality to that scenario, yet is very anxious to begin the next book of the series.
The Title fits and Book Cover very leading but does not do justice in depicting the "meat" of the story The reader will not want to put this book down one he/she begins reading it. The words of the story urges the reader to continue reading with each chapter.
Although the cover and/or title could be improved upon, I still give this book a Five Stars rating in my review.
*This book was sent to me for an honest review, of which I have given.
New Twist on Paranormal Romance.
What I liked about it in three paragraphs-
1. The pacing was great! The book started off with intrigue that gave you minimal details, then built off that. This was a great strategy because the action and suspense keeps readers on the edge of their seats as well as keeps them from putting the book down till they are finished.
2. Relationships were developed in a realistic fashion. The romance was great. Brown played the "does he love me does he not" angle for all it was worth keeping the reader wondering who liked who. The family of the main character was also well developed. No family is perfect and this one was not the exception.
3. The main character's personality was perfect! Every girl will be able to relate to her. She runs, for all those girls who love sports, she acts, for all those drama nuts (I'm one of them), and she isn't annoying or whiney. Also, her friends all have characteristics that we can relate to our own. She has a friend who has to know everything about everyone. Another one of her friends gives great relationship advice, but isn't in one herself. I'm willing to bet that most of you have at least one friend like that.
What I didn't like about it in two paragraphs-
1. The romance (although totally swoon worthy) seemed a bit over the top dramatic. Almost like watching one of those reality TV shows. The boy friend got jealous way too much for a normal guy and the relationship went from not knowing each other to totally in love in approx. one week! I don't know of how many times that has actually happened, but I know it's not often.
2.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wonderfully amazing! I was captivated and at ththe edgdg of mme seat the entire time! I can't wait to read Crimson Hall!Published 15 months ago by amydorianb
I loved this book! I have read the author's other series, The Knowers, and thought that they would be hard to top, but Author Merry Brown did it with this book! Read morePublished 17 months ago by Stephenee
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
This book has such an interesting concept. Read more
I received a autographed copy of this book from the author. Thank you.
I absolutely loved this book. I love Paranormal/Supernatural books. I loved the storyline. Read more
I was pleasantly surprised on how much I enjoyed this book. It is a great YA paranormal read. The characters are very likable and the supernatural elements are unique but still... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Alisha
This is one of those books that you want to read over and over again. It has characters you can relate to, scenes that are vivid and stick in your mind, and a plot that is paced... Read morePublished 22 months ago by Suzanne weddleton
A friend once defined a "good book" to me as one in which you want to know what happens next - you keep turning the pages. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Camille Kendall
I followed this story so closely that I didn't realize that the book was ending when it did. It definitely needs a sequel. I loved the story and the setting.Published on December 25, 2013 by Kesh A.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban