5.0 out of 5 stars A Filter in Time
Was nearly out of paper coffee filters and decided to order this. Now I use it all the time. The coffee has a little more sludge in it, but that's to be expected. Also have to rinse it out, but that's no big deal.
Published on March 28, 2011 by J. Pennington

2.0 out of 5 stars No what I had hoped for
Published on December 2, 2012 by Devine_

2.0 out of 5 stars No what I had hoped for, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
Having spent some time in the coffee industry I have come to rely on my pour-over at home for the only decent cup of joe I can get without it costing an arm and a leg. I bought this thinking it would end the need for paper filters and help reduce waste. We are environmentally conscious in our home, so sad it is to say that this has already been relegated to the junk drawer in my kitchen after just three uses. Three chances with different grinds and different blends. But in our house, coffee is too important to manage with the result it produces. The filter isn't tight enough to keep out the sludge, giving an almost chalky texture. It would be reminiscent of what a French Press might produce except the water runs through too quickly, resulting in a watered down flavour. Its a lose/lose situation for us. It gets two stars because I know how picky I am and maybe others who are not so much could be happy with it and I'm not trying to destroy it since its not as if I was cheated by the makers. It is what it is. (I know, I hate that expression too but sometimes it just applies!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Its works - but nothing great., July 7, 2010
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
So, I'm trying to reuse my products rather than have to run out and buy replacements constantly - which brings me to a reusable coffee filter. Does it do the job, yes! Is it as good as I had hoped, No.

Cons:

- doesn't fit nicely into the Miletta Cone brew I have - even though its a #2
- some really fine particles come through that didn't using the paper filters (perhaps I need to change my grind?)
- my coffee now has a mud section :-(
- Its not as easy to clean (maybe I'm just lazy - but it seems like a lot of work to clean it)

Pros:

- Reusable
- Helps to make coffee

Not sure what to expect - but I thought it'd hold my coffee better and fit in the filter more snuggly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilled with it, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
I've bought similar coffee filters in the past that performed better. This one lets a lot of small grinds through so you lend up with coffee mud in the bottom of your cup.

2.0 out of 5 stars not a fine enough filter., December 4, 2012
Brian D. Barton "Bart6369" (Highland, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
Filter lets a good amount of the coffee grounds through. I was pretty disappointed. I've gone back to paper filters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really a filter, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
I bought this to used the ready set joe single cup brewer and it doesn't work. Most of the coffee goes through the filter and there is no flavor. You are much better off just using paper filters

1.0 out of 5 stars Only last for a few weeks, March 10, 2013
ronnysiu (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
The metal mesh broken in just a few weeks. I won't recommend this to anyone. I can't believe the filter just sit at the top of the coffee pot and being washed gently. How can it be so fragile?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Filter in Time, March 28, 2011
J. Pennington (Walla Walla, WA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Grounds get through this filter, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
I purchased the filter to ue with the Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Coffeemker. It had been recommended from another revies. It really does not fit properly on the Coffeemaker but it can used anyway. Coffee grounds do penetrate the filter. I would not purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement for paper filters, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
Does exactly what it says it will. It fits the single cup plastic coffee filter thing I use quite nicely. The mesh is fine enough that the coffee grinds don't slip through.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this filter!, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown (Kitchen)
The mesh is very coarse and the water runs thru the coffee too fast and doesn't brew coffee properly. The stuff that comes out is weak, muddy and disgusting. All the fine coffee dust comes out and makes the coffee taste like sludge.

If you want to use this filter you still need a paper filter.

Overall a useless product.

Gold Tone #2 Permanent Cone Coffee Filter, Brown