Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on February 24, 2013
Gruffalo is a great book for its symmetry, cleverness of the writing and character (of the mouse) -- but those are qualities which will be largely lost on a three-year-old. Mine loves this book, a clear favorite, because, well, it's simply fun, colorful, stuff "happens", it rhymes, lots of interesting characters, you name it! Adults might like the slightly P.C. message that contravenes the old fashioned fairy tale morals. My kids' (3-4 y/o) favorite books include this, Gruffalo, and Uri Shulvitz's Snow and So Sleepy. All are gems in rheir own way.
on October 26, 2012
We love all of Julia Donaldson's books, but this is by far our favorite. The rhyming, adorable characters and fun, colorful illustrations (by Alex Scheffler) draws the kids in, and the ending of the story keeps me steering my kids towards this one. I don't know why more people don't know about it.
on December 1, 2012
My 5 and 3 year old granddaughters LOVE anything by Julia Donaldson but this was awesome because it is the story of a girl who doesn't want to just be a princess. Instead she chooses to be a Dr with the knight who rescues her.
Everything about this is delightful. It has become a favorite
on June 13, 2013
lovely view of learning new skills and practicing, combined with gender stereotypes with a twist! we love all these books for their rhymes, illustration and content. truly creative!
on February 18, 2013
What a sweet story! My son enjoyed it very much and I liked the "twist" on a classic fairytale.
We found it funny and I suspect it will be a favorite for many.
on January 5, 2013
My son loves this book (he got it at age 3, still loves it at 4.5). I love to give it as a gift for little girls who worship princesses, because th princess in this book wants to be a doctor. The rhythm of the story is great.
on May 7, 2015
As grandparents of four, all under 5 years old, we were delighted to be introduced to the work of Julia Donaldson through her book and animated production, available on Netflix, of 'Room On The Broom'. We immediately purchased the hardback book and each of our grandkids can recite it verbatim! Since then we have purchased the 'Room On The Broom' dolls (witch, cat, dog) and several of the other works by Ms. Donaldson. The illustrations are wonderful and each book is delightful and imaginative. The children love each and every one!
on February 11, 2014
Cute story and characters. 3 1/2 year old loves it. We both love all Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler books. Search for the Gruffalo. He's there as he is in most of her books written after The Gruffalo.
on December 27, 2013
The book is great. I like nontrivial plot, the message, nice pictures and rhyme. One of Julia Donaldson's best books.
on December 1, 2013
My granddaughter loves all Julia Donaldson books, but this one is special. The story shows if you try hard you can succeed and princesses are not just Disney characters with all the outfits but can be real people.