5.0 out of 5 stars Look Great, Feel Great, and They Last
Some of the best socks I've owned. They wear well and look good. I especially like never having to pull up my socks.
Published on February 23, 2006 by G. Bolling

1.0 out of 5 stars Entirely nylon sweaty, smelly mess
I've ordered and appreciate several other versions of Gold Toe brand over-the-calf socks, including the (sadly discontinued) Auro series, black athletic socks, and the AquaFX socks (very nice). These Metropolitan socks, however, are awful in every situation I've tried. In cool & dry dress shoes they are slippery, and too thin to provide any cushion or abrasion resistance...
Published on December 29, 2009 by Jon E.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Tight, December 19, 2012
These socks are way too tight. I am fairly certain that by around 10:30 am I have lost all circulation in my legs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid these socks, October 29, 2009
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's 3-Pack Metropolitan Over the Calf Dress Socks (Apparel)
Avoid these socks unless you like smelly, sweaty feet. They're 100 nylon and therefore they don't allow your feet to breath. Why did I buy them in the first place? Because I saw they were high rated and I neglected to read the details. Don't make the same mistake.

The seller was excellent, they got them to me fast, and got me my refund fast as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SOCKS, January 11, 2007
My husband loves these socks. They are super soft and have a lot of stretch. Hubby is a diabetic and has some trouble with circulation. He says these socks are much more comfortable than the typical diabetic stocking, yet they give him the support he needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sock by Anyother Name is a Sock - This is just a Great Sock, January 31, 2007
This is a Sock. They give you two and call it a pair. If you buy it as listed you get six socks or three pairs. They make my feet HAPPY! The price is a little high but I guess that happy feet are worth it. Have not worn out either the toe or the heal yet, a little color loss with numerous washings. I would not wear anything else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, tight, material gets moist quickly., December 17, 2012
These are alright socks. I like the fit well, they're definitely tight on the leg which is great. I'm not in love with the material. It doesn't really wick away moisture in a good way, and they can start feeling a bit swampy and get funky pretty quickly. The material just also doesn't feel particularly nice. Because of this, I can't say that I really love Gold Toe socks, but I do tend to repeat buy them because they are a good value. If nothing else, the otherwise kind of icky material allows them to maintain their shape and elasticity for some time and just generally hold up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars STRETCH - THIN - LIGHT - STRONG, April 26, 2009
These socks don't get stiff after washing. In fact, they never get stiff. I have high insteps, and need a stretchy sock. I just can't get stiff socks to go on. Every other stretch sock I have ever tried looses it's stretch after being washed. Some get stiff after the first washing, and some last through thirty washings before getting stiff. This is the only sock I have ever found that does not ever get stiff. They are very light weight, and NEVER fall down. SIMPLY THE BEST SOCK I HAVE EVER WORN!

5.0 out of 5 stars These continue to be my husband's favorite!, January 11, 2007
Mimi "shopper" (Rock Hill SC USA) - See all my reviews
My husband has prefered 100% nylon socks since he has been wearing suits to work. Among the 100% nylon sock, he prefers the Gold Toe brand. I can't tell why because I haven't asked, but I assume that they do everything he wants in an over-the-calf sock because he hasn't looked elsewhere. He had been buying them at Joseph Banks, but they stopped carrying the 100% nylon, and he didn't like the mixed fibers. He asked me to find them, and I went straight to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks!!!, May 11, 2009
D. Rogers (West Memphis, AR United States) - See all my reviews
These are some of the best socks I have ever owned. I purchased 12 pairs of the Metropolitan OTC socks over 6 years ago and I'm still wearing them. Only recently have they started to get holes on the ball of my foot. The toes and heels wear exceptionally well. Yes, they are thin, but I've used them for everything from hunting and fishing to going to church.

5.0 out of 5 stars husband loves them, January 31, 2014
if you have animals they will collect a lot of hair for you.
they are great for skinny legs because they will not fall down to ankles

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st order was great, January 23, 2014
1st order was great my second 1 pair was tight around my calf possible defect of manufacture. hopefully the others are ok.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›