5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Socks
These truly are no show socks that manage to actually stay on your feet without slipping down at all during activity. I have washed them several times and they are holding up great. A great deal and perfect for sneakers.

Published on February 21, 2011 by Robert Woolsey

1.0 out of 5 stars Gold Toe did not put their best foot forward
I tend to buy Gold Toe socks whenever possible. I have always found them to be the most comfortable, well made socks available. I recently bought a three pack of pairs of Gold Toe "No Show" men's socks at a local retailer and loved them. So when I saw these six packs available through Amazon at an even better price I jumped all over them.

These ARE NOT...
Published on July 15, 2011 by B. Colonna

1.0 out of 5 stars Gold Toe did not put their best foot forward, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Cotton Liner Athletic Sock, 6-Pack (Apparel)

These ARE NOT necessarily the same Gold Toe socks you will find at several brick and mortar retailers. You need to check the actual product number, as apparently Gold Toe has several similar products but with distinctly different quality. They are Gold Toe, and they look about the same, but the edge around the opening is slightly narrower than the ones I bought in the store. No big deal I thought - so they are sewn slightly different.

I have an average man's foot, about a 10 shoe size, normal width, etc. Typically I put on socks and they fit. I have seen other reviews where people like these socks and mention wearing a 12 or 13 size shoe, while people wearing a 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 complain about the socks....so maybe they run very large.

Simply put, these are absolutely the worst fit of any sock I have ever owned. They slid down off my heel repeatedly. I tried several of the pairs I bought (about 4 pairs out of 12) and they were all the same. They tend to slide around, not as if they are too big but just as if they aren't made right. They also are somewhat thinner than the Gold Toe 'No Show' socks I bought in the store.

The good socks I have are a Gold Toe 2247P. These are a model 656F. The 2247P may be very slightly higher on the ankle, but the difference in quality is like night and day.

What a disappointment. I returned them. Fortunately, Amazon is awesome and offers free return on many apparel items, as well as free returns when something is defective.

I'd avoid these socks, or take a chance knowing you can return them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Socks, February 21, 2011

For anyone who is a US shoe size 12, debating whether to get the regular or extended size, since a size 12 supposedly fits both, get the bigger pair. I am a size 12 and the extended size fits very well - nice and snug. I can't imagine how the smaller ones would fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Socks are too loose, March 3, 2012
I wish I could give negative stars! These are literally the worst socks I've ever owned. They are very loose and fall off every time I take my shoes off. They feel like they fit my feet very poorly. My shoe size is 9.5. I don't understand why they didn't make the sock more stretch-y!

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave them all to my wife, April 10, 2014
I gave them all to my wife as dust rags. The sock was way thinner than the normal sock. It has a tendency to ride down almost immediately. Very uncomfortable. I ca see why others have that decorative ball on the back of others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Ninja, November 21, 2009
These socks make me feel like I'm walking on marshmallows. They could have a bit of a snugger fit, but that has to do with the size of my foot - not the sock's fault. Overall, socks are wonderful. They allow me to sneak up on houseguests and viciously smash their faces with watermelon seeds, of which I live for. Anyway, A+++ product! A+++mazon, as always! Will buy again! Hokay, goodnight.

DD

1.0 out of 5 stars don't stay on feet, June 16, 2013
Bought these socks for my husband in the hopes that they would be light for summer. Unfortunately as soon as you put your shoe on they slip off your feet. There is nothing holding them on. Too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-cut, comfortable, and affordable, August 24, 2010
If you're looking for low-cut socks that are both kind to the feet and the wallet, these Gold Toe socks are perfect. They are nothing fancy, but they are the most comfortable and durable socks I have owned in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hate to buy less than Gold Toe, June 29, 2010
I started out buying Gold Toe socks for my son when he was about 16. He could wear the cheaper socks out in a couple of months but he couldn't wear these out! He's 19 now and still wearing the first purchase. I bought some for my husband this time to convince him. They definitely cost more but it's well worth it when they last that well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks!!, January 11, 2007
They are the best quality socks I've owned. I've owned a lot, and will continue to buy them!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, June 4, 2014
Huge and cheap...they go on nice but they soon get soft like an Irish house wife. The first time you take off your shoes they will slide off the ankle...the second time you take off your shoes they will just stay in the shoe. When you take the sock out you will notice it had grown to Yeti size...Spend more money...get the good stuff.

Gold Toe Men's Cotton Liner Athletic Sock, 6-Pack