Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

I tend to buy Gold Toe socks whenever possible. I have always found them to be the most comfortable, well made socks available. I recently bought a three pack of pairs of Gold Toe "No Show" men's socks at a local retailer and loved them. So when I saw these six packs available through Amazon at an even better price I jumped all over them.

These ARE NOT necessarily the same Gold Toe socks you will find at several brick and mortar retailers. You need to check the actual product number, as apparently Gold Toe has several similar products but with distinctly different quality. They are Gold Toe, and they look about the same, but the edge around the opening is slightly narrower than the ones I bought in the store. No big deal I thought - so they are sewn slightly different.

I have an average man's foot, about a 10 shoe size, normal width, etc. Typically I put on socks and they fit. I have seen other reviews where people like these socks and mention wearing a 12 or 13 size shoe, while people wearing a 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 complain about the socks....so maybe they run very large.

Simply put, these are absolutely the worst fit of any sock I have ever owned. They slid down off my heel repeatedly. I tried several of the pairs I bought (about 4 pairs out of 12) and they were all the same. They tend to slide around, not as if they are too big but just as if they aren't made right. They also are somewhat thinner than the Gold Toe 'No Show' socks I bought in the store.

The good socks I have are a Gold Toe 2247P. These are a model 656F. The 2247P may be very slightly higher on the ankle, but the difference in quality is like night and day.

What a disappointment. I returned them. Fortunately, Amazon is awesome and offers free return on many apparel items, as well as free returns when something is defective.

I'd avoid these socks, or take a chance knowing you can return them.
1414 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
These truly are no show socks that manage to actually stay on your feet without slipping down at all during activity. I have washed them several times and they are holding up great. A great deal and perfect for sneakers.

For anyone who is a US shoe size 12, debating whether to get the regular or extended size, since a size 12 supposedly fits both, get the bigger pair. I am a size 12 and the extended size fits very well - nice and snug. I can't imagine how the smaller ones would fit.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 10, 2012
I like these low cut socks, but most of the "one size fits all" (usually 6-12 shoe size) that I've found are far too tight on my feet and ankles, cutting off circulation - unhealthy and uncomfortable. I wear a size 10 1/2- 11 man's shoe. These are a perfect fit. They are very comfortable, not too tight, and they do not cut into my skin like the smaller kind do. I am very happy to have found these. I have had no problems (so far, anyway) with them slipping or coming off/down, they seem fine. I hardly notice them which is exactly what I want.

The material seems fine to me as well. Not thick, but thick enough, and I very much like that the band around the top (at your ankles) is not a super tight noose, but just tight enough to do the job. The bottom part has enough material to be comfortable without being overly thick and seems of decent quality.

If I have any problems later, I will come back and post, but I am giving these a big thumbs up at this time.

20212-02-17 Update: If you like these and want something in the higher cut style, look here: Gold Toe Men's Cotton Crew Athletic Sock, 6-Pack - I tried them and they are equally good and not too tight.
on June 29, 2010
I started out buying Gold Toe socks for my son when he was about 16. He could wear the cheaper socks out in a couple of months but he couldn't wear these out! He's 19 now and still wearing the first purchase. I bought some for my husband this time to convince him. They definitely cost more but it's well worth it when they last that well.
on April 20, 2015
I want to return them. The size is fine, and I have been a Gold Toe fan for years. I wouldn't buy anything else, but these socks are the worst. The thin line of elastic that is supposed to keep your socks firmly around your ankle area is ineffectual and after walking a few feet you'll find the socks sliding into your shoes and wrapping around the arch of your foot. Horrible. I took a photo so you can see the thin little line of "elastic."
review image
on April 10, 2014
I gave them all to my wife as dust rags. The sock was way thinner than the normal sock. It has a tendency to ride down almost immediately. Very uncomfortable. I ca see why others have that decorative ball on the back of others.
on August 24, 2010
If you're looking for low-cut socks that are both kind to the feet and the wallet, these Gold Toe socks are perfect. They are nothing fancy, but they are the most comfortable and durable socks I have owned in a while.
on July 20, 2015
The Gold Toe socks sold on Amazon are not the same you'd find in a retail store. They run small and are thinner. I compared the ones from Amazon to those bought at a local department store. New vs. new / unwashed and unworn, they were much thinner and about 2" shorter right out of the package. Amazon got theirs back and the ones from the store are on my feet. I'm not sure if Amazon carries a cheaper line of Gold Toe socks than retail stores, but I've tried a few different Gold Toe socks from Amazon and they are always different than their retail sold counterparts.
on August 15, 2015
Absolutely the best socks I've ever owned. When I was younger I got myself a pack of these at the local department store. I remember loving them and they lasted forever, but didn't want to spend $20 for only 6 pairs of socks again. For several years after I opted for the more cheaper option at ---mart. I mean come on, how much do people think and care about socks. Wow, was I wrong. The cheap ones were super thin and would get holes in them after like 3 uses. I thought maybe it's just cause I'm bigger now. Nope!

I tried these again, and they are just amazing! I put them on and it felt like I was walking on air, no joke. Not just that, but I purchased these over a year ago, and am still using the same ones. Their durability is enough to offset the cost vs cheaper brands, but then you add that they're softer, more elastic, thicker, and fit better, I will never look to another brand again. You get what you pay for. If you're on your feet a lot, do yourself a big favor and just try these. You wont regret it.

Also, I have size 10 feet and got the 10-13 range. Hope that helps.
on February 7, 2015
I like Gold Toe dress socks for work so I thought I'd like these for athletic purposes. I was wrong.

First off, they don't fit well. I have size 13 feet and there was still a lot of extra material bunching at the end of the sock.

Secondly, they rubbed on my heel and caused blisters quickly no matter what type of shoe I wore. Golf, basketball, hiking shoes, etc.

Third, they became very rough and starchy after just a couple washes.

I'd strongly recommend avoiding these and getting this style sock from either Puma, Nike, UA or Adidas. I've had each of those brands and they were all much better. I found Puma to be my personal favorite but they're all pretty comparable.