5.0 out of 5 stars Hot socks !!!
Published on October 30, 2006 by Matthew G. Sherwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, but they sag very easily
The Metropolitan socks are thin and fairly comfy, but they sag on the calves very easily. I pulled them up all the way and wore them for about 3 minutes walking down the street. They were already sagging down to my ankles! They are not tight at all.

I'm 5'8" and bought the "one size" sock. I'm in good shape and my calves are neither fat or sculpted...
Published on October 3, 2007 by Lakeviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot socks !!!, October 30, 2006
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
Gold Toe makes an excellent sock and their "Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock" is no exception. The socks are remarkably comfortable; they are not thick and they are not too thin just as other reviewers noted. They almost never "bunch up" inside my shoes as I walk around and they are very much worth the price. They last longer so the long life of these socks justifies the slightly higher price.

I also like the design of the toe section actually being gold colored fabric. Amazon points out that these socks come in your choice of four different colors: black, charcoal, brown and navy blue. The safest, most conservative choice for the corporate office is the black color; but the other colors come in handy too depending on your work/play "dress code."

These socks can easily be washed in any washer or dryer--but I would heed the manufacturer's warning about not drying them at a high temperature. High temperatures in the clothes dryer cause these socks to wear out faster. They will stretch more and become much looser on your feet.

The socks fit shoe sizes 7 through 12 so it's almost one size fits all. Very good!

Overall, Gold Toe is the brand to buy if you want good quality, long lasting socks. The "Metropolitan Dress Socks" for men match any attire and they can even be worn in bed on those really cold nights to keep your feet warm!

Highly recommended! May you wear them in good health! SMILE

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, but they sag very easily, October 3, 2007
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)

For $15/3-pair, I might as well have gotten a $5 3-pack of saggy dress socks at Walgreens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks., January 13, 2006
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
I ordered these for my husband and he is very happy with them. He said they are not too thick and not too thin - they are just the right weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Socks That Last and Dont Fade Over Time, October 19, 2006
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
Great socks.... They dont get much better than Gold Toe brand dress sock. I have been buy these socks for years and they last for ever... Any other dress sock I buy fades in two or three months. 100% worth the money.

If you have an Outlet Mall in your area most all of them have a sock/underware store. You can get these same socks for half the price. They are still worth the Amazon price

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be, March 16, 2011
Rick (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
I have been wearing gold toe socks for about 15 years now, but as other folks have pointed out, they don't seem to last long at all anymore. They don't get holes, but the heal seems to wear away pretty quickly (I just use them for work, no running or anything) I did notice that with this last set of socks I bought that they are no longer being make in the USA. I think they may have changed up the material being used at the same time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Agree with Some Negative Comments, September 13, 2008
M. Dougherty (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
While these socks are very well made and overall a solid product, I agree that they do sag very easily and don't have very good elastic support like some other brands. These have the standard "ring" at the top to tighten around your calf, but unlike some other dress socks, they don't have the elastic tightness throughout the calf-area to support the sock from your ankle to your upper calf. Not a big deal, just a pain to have to pull up my socks repeatedly throughout the day.

Otherwise, be careful to combine these socks with uncomfortable shoes. Matched with comfortable shoes, these socks are great -- they're very breathable and feel good on your feet when you're walking or sitting at your desk. Matched with uncomfortable/mis-sized shoes, they are a nightmare. It's like wearing very thin sandpaper for socks -- they will grind on the balls of your feet and burn calluses into your skin. So, just be careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these cheapo socks, March 22, 2011
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
I bought these socks based on other reviews. Although I followed the manufacturer's recommendations for laundering the socks, I found that they shrank with the first washing to the point that they were tight on my calves--and I am a woman with slender calves! They attract lint like crazy and feel thin and scratchy. I bought them just after Christmas and now only wear them when I don't care how I look. Still on the lookout for a decent trouser socks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disapointed!!!, May 1, 2013
I have always bought Gold Toe socks but it looks like their quality has gone out the window! I bought 6 pairs of these socks about 5 months ago and I only have one pair left. All the rest have gotten holes in the exact same spot on the side of the heel. I have pairs that are 3 or more years old that have never gotten holes in them and are just starting to show wear... I guess another company ruined their product by outsourcing :(

I'm never going to recommend Gold Toe socks again unless they vastly improve the quality!

1.0 out of 5 stars wear out, March 21, 2011
R. DeVos "devo" (GOSHEN, KY, United States) - See all my reviews
these socks wear out in the first day. the first pair had a hole in the toe before the first day was out and the soles went within a week.

1.0 out of 5 stars These socks sag, December 19, 2010
This review is from: Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack (Apparel)
I have worn Metropolitan dress socks for many years and have been very satisfied. I recently bought some more and am dissatisfied. There is a deterioration in quality. The socks sagged very badly.

Gold Toe Men's Metropolitan Dress Sock, 3-Pack