Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Golden Malted Pancake & Waffle Flour, Original, 33-Ounce Cans (Pack of 3)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: 33 Ounce (Pack of 3)|Change

VINE VOICEon December 20, 2008
I first heard about Golden Malted Waffle mix here on Amazon when I was searching for a new waffle maker and saw that on pratically every maker this mix was recommended. After reading up on the mix and finding out that it is the same mix served at various hotels across the country, I decided to give it a try. I have to tell you that this is the best waffle mix I have ever had. From the moment you open the first canister and you get that malt smeel hits your nose, you know that this is going to be good. The flavor is great and it is not an overly sweet batter which makes it good for both breakfast and for using for dessert waffles with ice cream and fruit. Also I recommend using milk in place of the water when making the waffle batter. It makes for a much better waffle. So if you are on the fence about trying this mix do yourself a favor and order. You will not be disappointed.
44 comments|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2009
Plenty of folk have praised Carbon's magical waffle mix so I won't tread in their tracks. What I can offer is a delicious alternative using Carbon's magical mix.

I'm from Texas and we put pecans in almost everything. Here is a Pecan Waffle version using the Carbon GM mix:

1 cup CGM mix
1 cup fresh chopped pecans
3/4 cup milk
3 tbsp butter
1 large egg

Beat egg then add milk and melted butter. Follow with waffle mix and pecans. Don't under cook, it should be a little crunchy. Also, don't insult by using anything but real maple syrup and butter. Count calories at some other meal.
33 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2011
Our family owns 3 Pancake and Waffle franchise restaurants. This is the exact mix that we use in our stores. Honesty prevent us from using the business supplies for personal use so we buy this mix on Amazon instead - it ends up at about the same price!! We have tested a few other mixes and recipies that are slightly better tasting, but they are a royal pain in the neck to pre-make, store, and they cost 5-10 times more per waffle!! Unless you have lots of time to devote to more involved waffle making, this is a 4.9 star product for taste and 5.5 star for ease of use.
88 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
This mix makes very good and tasty waffles. However, they are just very good and do not reach over into excellent or extremely delicious. When you first open the mix, the flour smells wonderful! You get a distinct malt scent and it makes your mouth water. To make waffles, you add water, egg and melted butter to the mix. Once the waffles are cooked, the mix browns and crisps nicely on the outside and the inside of the waffles are soft and fluffy. Upon tasting them, there is only a slight hint of the malt flavor and they are just a bit bland, especially compared to the initial scent of the mix. But the waffles are still very good and get even better with some good syrup.

I tweaked the recipe by using half and half rather than water and adding vanilla extract to part of a batch and molasses to another. That substantially improved the taste. As a base mix, this was very good and made tasty if not outstanding waffles. But I can see unlimited potential for tweaking this mix by adding various enhancements and taking waffles to new taste directions. Overall, I enjoyed the waffles and yes, I do recommend this.
on December 7, 2010
I was invited to friends house for breakfast one weekend and she prepared belgian waffles with this mix and I couldn't believe how good they were...I've always loved belgian waffle in the waffle houses, but didn't think I'd ever find any mix to compare. I got home and immediately ordered the same waffle maker she had and this mix...My family LOVES it when I make them. I know some of you may think I'm a big dummy,but the mix calls for 5/8 of a cup of liquid and it took forever for me to figure out that 5/8 of a cup is 5oz..
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2009
Everyone I know loves this waffle mix. It makes wonderful waffles. I've shared this "secret" recipe with friends since I found out about it from a relative. Last year I even purchased some for Christmas gifts! The mix is so easy and does not require special ingredients. I even keep a can in our travel trailer. I would suggest you order enough mix to qualify for free shipping because it keeps very well in the pantry. The waffle mix is wonderful as is, but I plan to try making them with milk or soda water as some reviewer have suggested. Enjoy!
on December 4, 2010
This is a great waffle mix for using in a belgian waffle maker. I use it most Saturday mornings (including this morning) and love that Amazon ships it to my door. I have gone through at least 6 cans of this mix and have never had a "bad" batch. This mix is far above any of the ones I've tried from my local mega mart. One piece of advice- let the batter rest for about 5 minutes after mixing it. The batter is easier to measure accurately and the waffles come out better. Enjoy!
on March 11, 2009
We bought a new waffle maker and I saw this batter first at Williams Sonoma. They don't carry it anymore though, but I am glad I found it here at Amazon. My husband absolutely loves the waffles made with this mix. They are so light they melt in your mouth. Excellent stuff! No more Bisquit waffles for us!
on June 30, 2015
Have purchased the 3-pack (99 ounces total) for about $18 for over three years. Now it's $32.66 for 96 ounces? That's an unacceptable 78.2% price increase. As good as this product is, I'm back to Bisquick, Aunt Jemima or some other reasonably priced mix.
on May 7, 2009
This is the same product as used to be carried at Williams-Sonoma, for half their price. The only difference is that there is picture of a waffle on the can instead of a happy child.

It makes tremendous waffles and pancakes, and I know of what I speak, because I am a mediocre and inexperienced cook and can make marvelous breakfasts with this mix.