5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beef Jerky -- EVER!
I am utterly amazed. I had no idea beef jerky could be so good!. I purchased the Teriyaki flavored. The taste is great. It taste so pure. It's neither dry nor too oily. I feel good knowing the cattle are fed sweet grass that is also organic! All of the ingredients used to make the teriyaki sauce are also organic.

Here is the list of ingredients:
Organic...
Published on April 13, 2011 by Conic Ellipse

2.0 out of 5 stars be aware: they downgraded when they changed packaging :(
Sadly, this is no longer the super-premium jerky that it used to be. Granted, if you're used to grocery-store jerky, then this is still a much better product. But if you've acclimated to chemical-free jerky, then the "smoke flavoring" that they've recently started adding tastes like, well, smoke flavoring, and not the real thing.

You may not notice a...
Published on April 28, 2012 by bored99

2.0 out of 5 stars be aware: they downgraded when they changed packaging :(, April 28, 2012

You may not notice a difference. Apparently jerky is one of those things where you notice a down-shift in flavor, even when you wouldn't notice an up-shift in flavor. (Like margarine eaters think butter tastes fine, and powdered milk drinkers think cartoned milk tastes fine, but when people do the opposite, they find the tastes terrible. Jerky is the same--if you upgrade from convenience store jerky to premium you might not notice it, but when you downgrade from "the real thing" to anything else, it tastes distinctly artificial.)

I used to buy this in bulk every few months (with a discount per Amazon Subscribe & Save), but the change in flavor made me double-check the ingredients list, and I found that the new "smoke flavoring" was added when they changed packaging. So this jerky is good, but not worth the premium any more. If anyone has a suggestion for an all-natural replacement without ingredients like "smoke flavoring" I'd appreciate it, since I'm now searching for something new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold in jerky, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Golden Valley Natural Organic Beef Jerky, Black Pepper, 3-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 8) (Grocery)
I have been receiving this jerky via subscribe and save for a long time now. I just opened the second pouch out of my last order and there is mold on the jerky! The sell by date is 8/28/13. The first pouch I opened out of this case was fine. I went to return it, but it is not eligible for return! Needless to say, I will be canceling my subscription to this product and looking for another. This is too expensive to risk waste because of mold.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold in product, March 11, 2012
Toni Niemann (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Received product with expiration date of 6/20/2013 and almost every package opened had mold. There's a no return policy on this product, so I'm not sure what can be done if anything. I'd like to get my money back. Beware...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beef Jerky -- EVER!, April 13, 2011

Here is the list of ingredients:
Organic Beef, Water, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Soy Sauce (Water, Organic Soybeans, Salt, Organic Alcohol) Organic Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, Organic Paprika, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Onion Powder, Organic Garlic Powder.

Best if consumed within three days after opening.
Allergen Declaration: Contains Soy Ingredients

Also worth mentioning:
Gluten Free
Organic beef raised without added hormones and without antibiotics
Beef raised on organic feed
Cattle are never fed animal by-products
No artificial ingredients, no added MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
No preservatives, No nitrite, No erythorbate

High Protein/Low Fat - This is a snack I can enjoy, guilt free!

The meat was mostly very tender. There was one or two pieces with gristle in them, but this IS beef jerky, after all. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!!, November 13, 2006
I recently have become more health conscious and am trying to eat more organic foods, staying away from hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, etc. You know, all the stuff that makes you fat:) This jerky is a great & healthy LowFat snack!! It tastes so amazing you'll never go back to any previously bought brand of jerky again..I LOVE Jerky and have tried many different brands..this jerky is well worth every penny and I'll keep coming back for more..thanks AMAZON for making it affordable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, October 10, 2006
This is the best beef jerky I have ever eaten. Very tender, full of taste and organic to top it off!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Sweet, November 2, 2006
I bought this with the expectation that it'd be original flavor, ie a bit on the salty side. Now I have 8 packs of something sweet which isn't what I wanted.

The overall quality is good, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars As addictive as a potato chip!, July 9, 2010
When I eat this beef jerky, I don't want to eat anything else! The flavor is out of this world. Not too strong and not too weak. And the beef is delicious! I get so hooked on these that the rest of the day, I don't want to eat anything else. That is why I say that this beef jerky is as addictive as a potato chip. You can't eat just one! And it is healthy too!

1.0 out of 5 stars 7g of sugar???, May 23, 2011
Builder Carl "BC" (Mooresville, United States) - See all my reviews
Great jerky doesn't need to be doctored up with sugar. I really get frustrated with brands that tout 'organic' and still cram in the sugar.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product!!!!, May 1, 2013
I buy a great deal from Amazon. I rarely rate the items. But I felt it was important to rate this item. I would give this no stars if I could. I took one bite, it's texture was soft and it tasted like rotted meat. I swallowed that bit and was slightly sick of my stomach for a while. Unfortunately I cannot return it. Amazon won't allow a return on this item. Buyer beware!!!