Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

on September 2, 2015
This game more than partially satisfied N64 nostalgia, but it is in no way a replacement. The missions have been elaborated, the weapons have been modernized, and there are dramatic sequences of cinematic cutscenes. Personally, I really liked this game. It was fascinating to see how the developers elaborated and expanded on the player experience from Nintendo 64's Goldeneye. Fairly challenging achievement catalog, too, if you're into that.
on November 6, 2011
First of all, I've had this game on pre-order since mid-year. The N64 version constituted my childhood. This was the first person shooter that we came home from school on Friday's just waiting to play. This was the all night pizza party/sleep over game. This was grade school bliss. To this day as a college grad we still sit down once every other month or so to play N64 Goldeneye. I couldn't WAIT for this game to be out on Xbox 360 and re-live the glory in high def.

So last night I unboxed Goldeneye, ordered pizza, had my friends over and we all anticipated reliving our favorite N64 game with new gameplay and hi def graphics.

The game started with no familiar intro or music. The menus we're re-done of course and looked good. Mounting excitement led to our first round of disappointment when multiplayer asked us to 'pick our class.' Huh? Goldeneye is supposed to have multiplayer weapons sets for the whole team, not individual classes! Where are grenade launchers or proximity mines, pistols or power weapons?!

Next we noticed that there were no 'game modes' like 'you only live twice' or 'license to kill.' So we thought 'ok, we'll do it manually.' But you can't even handicap your health down to 0 for a license to kill effect. So there's no old school game modes or even a way to re-create them!

So okay, no weapons we like and no game modes. But at least there's the characters right? It's GOLDENEYE afterall! SO we each have always played the same character. Odjob, Travelyen, Zenia, and Helicopter Pilot. Of the above, Odjob is the only one still existent. No Travelyan in GOLDENEYE?! How? He's in the movie!

And the final multiplayer nail in the coffin was the maps. Only one or two maps were the same. Facility was one of our favorite old ones and was in the new version. So we chose that map and our new character, weapon sets, and game mode (at least the map will be the same, right?). WRONG! The map isn't facility at all. It's a square room with ramps everywhere and two glowing plasma tanks in the center of the room. No thought, no effort, not even close to the Goldeneye story line or the N64 game. Terrible, lame, boring map.

So I'm already saying I'm going to sell this game....but wait. There's single player. Maybe that will be better.

I switch to single player while my friends watch to see if the game has a saving grace. The game starts with a tutorial level that you can't skip. Boring, lame, and unecessary. Then it progresses into the Dam level. Ok, good, so the level order is at least the same. But then the level starts and you're playing with an AI travelyan. He's guiding you and telling you what to do! What the hell? Thats not how it's supposed to be. The game play continued to deviate from the original and get worse as I played.

I'm so disgusted with this game that I feel bad even re-selling it. I've had it open less than 4 hours and I've already got it posted to sell. Shameful to use the Goldeneye franchise name on a featureless first person shooter. Stick to Battlefiled 3 and COD MW3 for your kicks this holiday season. Fail
3232 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2015
OK game overall, the remake of the game is a bit off putting. All of the characters have changed and the missions have changed. Some of the really cool parts of the game changed quite a bit. Kinda took away from the nostalgia that I was looking for.
If I had to do it all over again, I would probably just buy a used N64 and get the original game.
on December 7, 2011
I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about this game simply because it seemed to be but a simple port from the Wii to the PS3 and Xbox 360. For some, that may still be the case. However, GoldenEye Reloaded is undeniably the best Bond game that Activision has produced. Activision's previous installments to the Bond franchise (Quantum of Solace and Blood Stone) weren't deserving of the James Bond title, simply because they were just Call of Duty games with an espionage spy theme. GoldenEye Reloaded shares similarities to the Call of Duty games, (game engine, some aspects of gameplay, and multiplayer) but there's more of a Bond sensation than the previous games.

While most believe that GoldenEye Reloaded is a remake of the classic Nintendo 64 video game, GoldenEye 007, it is not. Instead, GoldenEye Reloaded aims to be a reimagining of the classic gaming success, featuring Daniel Craig, the current portrayal of 007, and modernized locations, weapons, and the overall feel. From the start of the game in the Arkhangelsk dam, to the classic Archives and tank chase, to the Nigerian jungles (previously Cuba), the game is more reminiscent of the original game than it's Nintendo Wii counterpart.

You would be foolish to judge the game without playing it for yourself, especially considering the biased and often times inaccurate reviews from angry gamers and Call of Duty fanboys. The graphics are nothing shy of excellent, especially from Activision. If you're expecting graphics similar to Uncharted or Heavy Rain, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. However, take it with a grain of salt and it's guaranteed you will appreciate the beauty of the visuals if you avoid comparing it to more advanced gaming experiences.

The gameplay is very reminiscent of the Call of Duty games, mainly because of the modernized methods of first-person shooters; the ability to aim down the sights of your guns, customize your loadout in multiplayer, the points and ranking system, and even the style of the single player campaign very much give weight to the fact that Activision just doesn't wish to stray from the style of Call of Duty when making games of the same genre. It doesn't say much positive things for the company, considering that James Bond has never been a Call of Duty style gaming experience, and thus shouldn't be treated as so, even in this day and age. However, this does not take away from the overall enjoyment that GoldenEye Reloaded will bring.

I very much appreciate the game for what it is, and as a casual gamer, I find it a fantastic experience. As a James Bond fan, I'm mildly disappointed that Activision couldn't appoint it the proper respect it deserves and stray from the Call of Duty style. I say give the game a go for yourself before judging it. Whether you're a casual gamer or a James Bond fan, GoldenEye Reloaded is an experience not to be missed.
on October 21, 2014
Not really impressed by this version of GoldenEye. Actually it really wasn't what I was expecting. I was hoping it would be quite similar to the original release, which was awesome! So don't go into it expecting to be able to shoot up bathroom stalls or even see the original clip of Bond jumping off the dam. Yes it may look cooler, but sometimes original is just so much better.
on April 1, 2015
Let's face it, people in their 20's only purchase titles like this for nostalgia. I wanted to recapture my N64 youth. There were a lot of points in the game that reminded me of that experience, but honestly, if one looks back it doesn't hold up as much as we'd like it too. This game is good in its own right. A little rigid perhaps, and it doesn't have much replayability for me, but the multiplayer is fun if you want to avoid the hyper-competitive realism of the COD's.
on December 16, 2014
I tend to like all James Bond games and this one is definitely one of the best ones. It is not a direct remake of the N64 classic but it is a similar story and a great game in its own right, highly recommend for bond and FPS fans.
on July 10, 2014
Game is great, once you get a working disc. The first used copy I bought came scratched. I got a refund and bought from a different seller.

The game is great! Its a little different in places than its Wii counterpart. Overall, great bond game! If only more people played online...
on December 2, 2011
To start off, I'm proufoundly hard of hearing. Without English subtitles, I cannot understand the story in this "remake". Remember Splinter Cell? It had no subtitles, but you understood the story at least. In this game, no subtitles equals no understanding of the story. The only thing I do understand is the mission objectives.

Gameplay: Sneak doesn't always seem to work since enemies somehow seem alerted to your presence for some reason or the other (no cameras saw me either). Game is pretty fast paced and very linear. It is a decent reamke with HD.

One good thing which saved it from becoming two stars: Multiplayer is excellent, escpeically with friends.
on November 20, 2011
I was super-psyched about this game since it was announced. Goldeneye 007 for Nintendo 64 was my bread and butter when I was a kid. I knew that this "remake" was going to be quite a bit different, but I welcomed that.

When I started playing, I quickly realized how much the game plays like Call of Duty. That's a good thing. Unfortunately, it's not enough like Call of Duty.

First of all, Bond's hand looks very smooth and cartoon-ish - obviously a remnant from the Wii conversion. The graphics are decent in general, but it seems like they could have spent a little more time on making something that's always on the screen better.

The campaign mode was pretty fun, albeit redundant. The stealth portions are a blast, but the rest is pretty formulaic: Enter room, tons of guys come out, kill them, proceed to next room, repeat.

My biggest gripe with the game is that it seems that enemies can shoot you through walls. Time after time, I'd duck behind cover only to continue being shot to death.

The multiplayer - the best part of the original - is a letdown. I had trouble getting a game together, probably due in part to the overabundance of game modes. If you're expecting N64 multiplayer on Xbox Live, think again. When I did get a game, it really wasn't much fun.

My recommendation: Rent the game, play through the campaign, then return it. If you want N64 nostalgia/multiplayer, download Perfect Dark from XBLA. It's what this game should have been.