Published on July 22, 2008 by HappyReader

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
a classic! nice pictures and lovely story. i read it all the time through the ppictures with my 2 years old doughter
Published 14 months ago by Carolina Sabetta

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the whole series so far! (Brighter Child/School Specialty Publishing), July 22, 2008
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
I was looking for a good basic version of several familiar traditional tales for my son, nearly 3. I've been very pleased with this whole series. The tales, Goldilocks included, are the basically the traditional versions, in language accessible to today's audience. Some of the harsher realities of the fairy tales are softened. But what pleases me most of all is that the repetitive classic lines we all remember from childhood are present! Little ones can commit those refrains to memory (and use them to repeat the story themselves!). It is also pleasing to me that the text, while simple, is not bland. In fact there is enough emotion and intrigue to capture the interest of the littlest listeners while not overwhelming them. And there are plenty of more difficult vocabulary words to challenge little ears. The illustrations in The Three Little Pigs are my favorite, but the others in the series are nice, too. Overall, a wonderful introduction of traditional tales to the younger listeners! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids storr!, October 27, 2008
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
We love the illustrations and the story about the three bears. I liked that the author gave a reason on how the Bears knew Goldilocks had touched the porridge, chair and bed. I also like that the baby bear has a squeaky voice - that's fun to read out loud - the kids enjoy the baby bear voice :)

4.0 out of 5 stars good story, August 23, 2007
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
my daughter loves listening to the story. i just don't like the illustrations, thought they could be bettter

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Illustrations, Follows the Classic, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
When I purchased this book, I was hoping for a book with colorful illustrations that still followed the classic "Goldilocks" story. Fortunately, I got both. We have another version where the artwork was sketched in black and white, and even though the story was perfect, my daughter wasn't the least bit interested in any of the pictures.

This book however, has colorful artwork on each page which could basically tell the story itself. We've enjoyed reading it over and over, and I've now passed it down to my younger nephew since my daughter has outgrown the story. To this day though, she still remembers this book and the other classics in the set.

The only reason I didn't give five stars is because the book is a bit flimsy, and the pages are pretty thin. It will get ripped easily by children if you are not careful. Other than that, it's a good bedtime or anytime read for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice illustrations, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
good sized book and very nice illustrations. My students enjoyed it and it was big enough to use at story time.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old loves it., May 6, 2014
Sterling Splendor (Old Tappan, NJ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
I wanted t introduce my 3 year old grandson to old-fahsioned fairy tales and this book helped do it. There's nothing really scary about it, so it's very appropriate for a younger child. My grandson loved this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., April 16, 2014
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
I had a couple of versions I did not like. I am very picky with children books. Very!!! And this book is wonderful! Classic story with nice pictures and good sequence

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, March 13, 2014
Kathleen (Altea, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
Can't wait to red it to my grandchildren when they visit in June, they will love the pictures.
Well illustrated & written

4.0 out of 5 stars cute illustrations, February 14, 2014
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
Its strange to read a story about a little girl who helps herself into a house in the woods, but getting past that premise we like this book a lot. My toddler and preschooler request it frequently. its a classic tale and this is a cute illustrated version of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Goldilocks and the three bears, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Paperback)
Good book to read to children. I like the book. the books talks about the three bears and what each bear reaction.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Laura J. Bryant (Paperback - August 23, 2001)
$3.99 $3.59