Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 22, 2008
I was looking for a good basic version of several familiar traditional tales for my son, nearly 3. I've been very pleased with this whole series. The tales, Goldilocks included, are the basically the traditional versions, in language accessible to today's audience. Some of the harsher realities of the fairy tales are softened. But what pleases me most of all is that the repetitive classic lines we all remember from childhood are present! Little ones can commit those refrains to memory (and use them to repeat the story themselves!). It is also pleasing to me that the text, while simple, is not bland. In fact there is enough emotion and intrigue to capture the interest of the littlest listeners while not overwhelming them. And there are plenty of more difficult vocabulary words to challenge little ears. The illustrations in The Three Little Pigs are my favorite, but the others in the series are nice, too. Overall, a wonderful introduction of traditional tales to the younger listeners! Thank you!
on June 10, 2011
When I purchased this book, I was hoping for a book with colorful illustrations that still followed the classic "Goldilocks" story. Fortunately, I got both. We have another version where the artwork was sketched in black and white, and even though the story was perfect, my daughter wasn't the least bit interested in any of the pictures.

This book however, has colorful artwork on each page which could basically tell the story itself. We've enjoyed reading it over and over, and I've now passed it down to my younger nephew since my daughter has outgrown the story. To this day though, she still remembers this book and the other classics in the set.

The only reason I didn't give five stars is because the book is a bit flimsy, and the pages are pretty thin. It will get ripped easily by children if you are not careful. Other than that, it's a good bedtime or anytime read for children.
on October 27, 2008
We love the illustrations and the story about the three bears. I liked that the author gave a reason on how the Bears knew Goldilocks had touched the porridge, chair and bed. I also like that the baby bear has a squeaky voice - that's fun to read out loud - the kids enjoy the baby bear voice :)
on May 6, 2014
I wanted t introduce my 3 year old grandson to old-fahsioned fairy tales and this book helped do it. There's nothing really scary about it, so it's very appropriate for a younger child. My grandson loved this story.
on November 2, 2014
This series of classic children's books has nice illustrations. I have a more modern very of the Three Bears, but the illustrations fail to have the right number of bowls, or chairs, or beds, as the case may be, on the page I'm reading to my granddaughter. That's confusing to toddlers who are learning to count. This book has toddler friendly illustrations so is much better for our purposes. I bought this to go with a felt story board. My granddaughter and I love it.
on July 24, 2013
This version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears is simple and easy to read. The story has somewhat a good moral to the end of the story as well. The price is good and the illustrations are well thought out.
on August 23, 2015
This story is still one of my all time favorites. I read it as a child, my children and I read it as a family, and now this marvelous story will be read to our GrandBabies. Everyone should share this story.
on September 4, 2014
Just as I remember it when I was a child. We recently had a baby shower for my daughter and the invitation requested a favorite childhood story be given and signed in place of a card. She received a nice selection of older classic stories, as well as, several newer titles. It was a lovely idea and she now has a great start on a home library for our grandson!
on November 16, 2012
It's the classic story you grew up with. What is there not to like??? This is my daughters favorite book so we bought this and had it shipped to Grandma's house while my wife was up there with the kids. It was easier to get it shipped via Amazon than it was for us to have to worry about packing it (the other copy that we have is in a very large story book - but my daughter only likes to read this one story). With the way that the airlines charge for luggage these days every pound counts, so rather than waste a pound or so with the big book we just had this shipped up there. It was simple and waiting for them when they got there.
on February 14, 2014
Its strange to read a story about a little girl who helps herself into a house in the woods, but getting past that premise we like this book a lot. My toddler and preschooler request it frequently. its a classic tale and this is a cute illustrated version of it.