on January 5, 2009
I got a great deal on these under a different brand name but they are exactly the same as these. I paid [...] shipped from [...] for two 25 lbs and the main thing to check these for is any rust spots. I sent one pair back and the company stated that they where shipped overseas and then stored in sometimes humid conditions.

They function well and I like how there is slight plate movement when using these because it allows me to feel the end of the motion. When selecting plates it sometimes is a little clumsy but working out can be a little clumsy at times. So far satisfied.

p.s. - Mine are called "Adjustabell" by Confidence USA
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I just bought the dumbbells at Walmart and I can tell you... they are pretty good. I am not exactly sure what the other guys who make comments are talking about because they dumbbells are not flimsy and they take little space, very little space. I only bought one today but I am thinking on getting another one later. I got scared reading the reviews for this product but I still wanted to take the risk and I did! And I dont regret it because they feel pretty good! And they are super cheap compare to all the other space savers dumbbells out there. Soon I will posting a video so you guys know what I am talking about!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 25, 2008
The Gold's Gym dumbbells are aweful...and actually dangerous. There are two principal flaws:

1) They tend to hold onto de-selected plates partially, so that as you lift the dumbbell, the loose plates fall off the bar...and onto your foot. This can happen even when you're paying attention because you often need to shake a plate loose.

2) It's extremely frustrating to place the dumbbell back into the cradle because the plates left in the cradle pinch together and make it nearly impossible to align the bar. And if you get the bar jammed as you try to replace it on the cradle, you're back to the problem of partially engaged plates falling on your foot.

This is a dangerous piece of gear that you should not allow into your home or gym. It is likely to damage your property or injure you...and it is entirely guaranteed to frustrate you.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...