Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gold's Gym Platinum Assisted Power Tower
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 29, 2012
This is a nice sturdy machine once you have it put together, which will take hours to do. Plus it looks great with nice padding and the color is basic and would look good in most home gyms.

Only complaint - the seat assist tends to allow your knees to slip down the seat, since it moves in an arc as you do the pull up or dip function. I am trying to figure out what I can apply to the seat so my knees won't slip as I work out. I bought some gloved with rubber pads so my hands won't slip on the bars, which helps quite a bit.

I have a low ceiling, but the machine fits nicely and I don't hit my head on ceiling as I pull up.
on May 21, 2012
Ok, I'll cover the negatives first. $80 in shipping & handling really gave me the heebie jeebies. Especially since I'm already paying $200. I also should point out it doesn't look like it was made for heavier people, my husband is 240 lbs and the pullup bar moves when he grabs hold to do his reps.

The positives? He still can get his workout in fine. I weigh about 93, and I bought it for myself. This thing is great for me. It's got like 5 different grips or so. Close, wide, sideways in 2 places, and a bar closer in if you want feel your muscles scream in agony. The name says "assisted", but neither that nor the picture are very clear. It works with these thick giant band thingies. Two on each side. NOT selectable weights. The seat/platform rises up and lets down. There's a roman chair, dip handles, and pushup handles that I like to use as stair steps. I'm only 5' tall, so they come in handy.

It fits nicely even in my low-ceiling basement. It took us a couple hrs to put it together with a hammer drill, hex bits, and a socket wrench. My only itty bitty complaint is that the screw for the curvy thing on top is way too short. Good thing it's decoration.

I definitely recommend this tower.
on September 2, 2012
Purchased this at my local blue & grey retailer. The main rear support was bent out of the box. The box was in fine shape, so I can only assume this happened prior to packaging. Review of the materials in the box show that the product doesn't actually seem to be made by Gold's Gym, but rather by a company named WorkoutWarehouse that I can only assume pays a license fee to Gold's Gym to use their name. A call to the company's customer support number took about a half hour to get answered while I waited on hold. Turns out the part is back-ordered (do they really have that many people ordering replacements for this part?) and they will mail me a replacement piece once it arrives, but they don't know when that will be. I plan on waiting until a few days before the store allows me to return this item, and if the replacement piece hasn't arrived by that time, I will just return it & order another one. For what it's worth, the item seems pretty heavy duty and sturdy. Bending the main rear support back to the way it was supposed to be isn't an option due to the thickness of the metal. The instructions aren't the greatest (parts mislabeled left & right, and the manual doesn't tell you if left means look at the item left or using the item left, and both options seem correct at times).

***Update***
One week later, still nothing. Called to find out status of my backorder only to find out they don't expect the backorder to be filled for another 7-9 weeks. HA! I wonder why they didn't tell me that on the phone originally? I'm definitely not waiting - going to return & order another & hope it's in better shape.
on April 28, 2015
Never used it. It doesn't fit anywhere in my house. My brother threw his away.
on June 21, 2012
My husband has been researching a tower like this to do his P90X work-outs and just other exercise. He found it at Walmart.com with free shipping to the store nearest you. I love Amazon.com and use it to buy many things, but an $80 savings is worth a trip to the local Wal-mart.

We don't actually have this yet, so you can disregard my star rating for now. I'll come back an update once we have it. My only concern is the arc motion of the assist and how long the bands actually last - and what they'll cost to replace...