- Series: A Harvest book, HB 256
- Paperback: 277 pages
- Publisher: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich; Copyright 1973 edition (1973)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0156361507
- ISBN-13: 978-0156361507
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.3 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,992,114 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Goldsworthy Lowes Dickinson (A Harvest book, HB 256) Paperback – 1973
|New from||Used from|
2016 Book Awards
Browse award-winning titles. See all 2016 winners
Top Customer Reviews
After Dickinson's death Forster was entrusted with the preparation for publication his mentor's memoirs. Publication without pruning was impossible in the 1930s as Dickinson described in detail his discreet vice - foot fetish. Forster decided to go from editing to writing a biography of the friend which would be based on Dickinson's writing in as much as it was possible.
75 years after its publication the book is largely forgotten and probably justly so - Dickinson's scholarship and role in the creation of the League of Nations make him a moderately interesting figure only for historians of the period. The book retains some interest as a monument raised to the memory of a good friend by a great writer, E. M. Forster.