Accuracy: The GolfBuddy will help you gain confidence by knowing exactly how far and where to go. The GolfBuddy's large, easy-to-read full-color screen gives you the exact distance to greens, bunkers, lakes, lay-up points, and hazards.
Technology: Each unit features the dynamic green view, which changes the shape of the green, depending on your angle of approach. Target information is already preloaded, and the GolfBuddy features custom plotting technology which lets you add up to 11 of your own chosen targets to each course in addition to what the GolfBuddy already provides.
Simplicity: With its unique automatic course and hole recognition feature, the GolfBuddy will automatically know which course you are playing and which hole you are on. There is no need for aiming or manual operation to obtain distance information to the green when using the GolfBuddy. The GolfBuddy is a true GPS unit... Just turn it on and play.
Power: The GolfBuddy features 20,000 course storage capability, dynamic green technology, target customization technology, and a digital scorecard. The GolfBuddy is a full feature rangefinder, making it the most powerful GPS device on the market today.
- True GPS tracking with automatic course and hole recognition
- High resolution color LCD screen
- Preloaded with courses across North America
- Ability to load courses from all over the world
- 30,000+ available courses
- Course data storage capability up to 20,000 courses
- No membership fees or course download fees
- Durable and water-resistant design
- Scoretracking module
- Simple and Easy Operation
How it Works:
- Score Tracking: GolfBuddy's score tracking feature allows you to keep a record of up to 1,000 rounds of golf stored into your unit. In addition to keeping your score, it also stores information for the course you played on and the date you played. This feature comes in handy for keeping your handicap, as well as going back to track your scores on previous rounds that you played at a certain course on a specific day.
- Calculate Shot Distance: Knowing the actual distance that you hit with each club is critical to playing your best golf. The Mark Feature on the GolfBuddy allows you to measure your shot distance at the touch of a single button. From your current position, all you need to do is take your shot, push the Mark Button on the side of your GolfBuddy and travel towards where your ball has landed, and you will get an accurate measurement of how far you hit your shot.
- Remaining Distance Display to Targets: (1) Hazard Avoidance--The various natural and man made hazards on the course make up the character of the course and give the golfer varying levels of difficulty. Knowing where these hazards are, and how to avoid them can eliminate strokes from your game. The GolfBuddy displays distance values for each of the "in play" hazards, as well as aspects of the terrain, which affect shot selection and course management. Golf Buddy lists all items, which can affect your play, even if you cannot see them from your present location. (2) Layups and Carries--Knowing the location of a hazard is only one part of the equation. To effectively avoid the hazard you need to know the Lay-up (approach) distance, as well as the distance to pass the item (carry distance). The GolfBuddy gives you each of these values when required. The GolfBuddy is designed to offer you a variety of information screens so that you are constantly aware of every distance.
- Automatic Course and Hole Recognition: Without GolfBuddy's automatic course recognition feature, sorting through the list of thousands pre-loaded courses to find the course and hole that you are on would be a difficult task. The minute you power on your GolfBuddy, it automatically locates the course and hole that you are on and brings up the yardage information within moments. GolfBuddy's Auto Hole Recognition feature tracks your position on the course and automatically advances to each hole as you play. This allows you to keep your mind focused on your game without having to deal with the trouble of manually setting your unit as you advance towards the next hole.
- Continuous Distance Updates and Your Current Position: From the moment you turn on your GolfBuddy, it begins measuring distance values to the green and to all target points. Distance measurements are automatically updated so there is no need to manually refresh the screen as you move along the course.
- Golf Course Customization: In addition to the targets that are already programmed into your unit, GolfBuddy also allows you to add up to 11 additional targets per hole. This allows you to add specific carry distances and preferred lay-up points.
- Remaining Distance Display to the Green: Knowing the actual distance that you hit with each club is critical to playing your best golf. The Mark Feature on the GolfBuddy allows you to measure your shot distance at the touch of a single button. From your current position, all you need to do is take your shot, push the Mark Button on the side of your GolfBuddy and travel towards where your ball has landed, and you will get an accurate measurement of how far you hit your shot.
- Size: 4.25 x 2.25 x 1 inches
- Weight: 4.23 ounces including battery
- PC interface: USB
- Display: high resolution color LCD screen
- Operating temperature range: 32 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power SOURCE: Lithium polymer rechargeable battery with AAA battery backup
- Battery life: 12 hours
- Power adapter: 5 volt, 450 mA
- Durable water resistant design
- 20,000 course capability
- PC with Microsoft Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
- 256 MB of RAM
- 4 MB of available hard disc space
- Internet access
- Available computer USB port
- 2X CD-Rom drive (optional)
|Navigating Your Options|
|Unit||Available Courses/Capacity||Membership Fees||Screen||Battery Type/Life|
|Bushnell Golf GPS 368100 Yardage Pro||12,000 (download up to 100 annually)/10||$34.99 annually||Black and white backlit LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/16 hours|
|Bushnell Neo Golf GPS||12,000 (download up to 100 annually)/10||$34.99 annually||2.1-inch, black and white backlit LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/16 hours|
|Bushnell Yardage Pro Golf GPS||12,000 (download up to 100 annually)/10||$34.99 annually||Black and white backlit LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/16 hours|
|Bushnell Yardage Pro XG Golf GPS||12,000 (download up to 100 annually)/20||$34.99 annually||2.2-inch, high-contrast black and white LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/16 hours|
|Bushnell Yardage Pro XGC Golf GPS||12,000 (download up to 100 annually)||$34.99 annually||2.2-inch, high-resolution backlit color LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/16 hours|
|Callaway Golf uPro Golf GPS||18,000/50||None||320x240 high-resolution color LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/12 hours|
|Callaway Golf uPro Go GPS||18,000 pre-loaded||One-time $49.99 activation fee||240x320 high-resolution color LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/10-12 hours|
|Garmin Approach G3 GPS-Enabled Golf Handheld||12,000/unlimited||None||160x240 transflective color TFT touchscreen||Two AA batteries/up to 15 hours using NiMH or lithium|
|Garmin Approach G5 GPS-Enabled Golf Handheld||12,000/unlimited||None||240x400 transflective color TFT touchscreen||Two AA batteries/up to 15 hours using NiMH or lithium|
|GolfBuddy Plus GPS Rangefinder||Over 14,000/1,000||None||High-resolution black/white LCD||Rechargeable lithium-polymer|
|Golf Buddy Pro GPS Range Finder||All available courses in North America/20,000||None||High-resolution black/white LCD||Rechargeable lithium-polymer with AAA backup|
|Golf Buddy Tour GPS Range Finder||All available courses in North America/20,000||None||Backlit color LCD||Rechargeable lithium-polymer with AAA backup/14 hours|
|GolfLogix GPS by Garmin (2008 Model)||15,000/20||$39.95 annually||1.25-by-2.25-inch backlit black and white LCD||Two AA/22 hours|
|GolfLogix GPS Smart Phone Membership and Ultimate Retail Accessory Kit||24,000/varies by smartphone||$39.95 annually||N/A||N/A|
|GPS Golf Guru 4 Precise GPS/PDA Golf Rangefinder with Multi-application capabilities||20,000/200||None||3.5-inch full color touchscreen||Rechargeable/14 hours|
|IZZO Swami 1500 Golf GPS Unit||12,000/10||$9.99 annually||Black and white LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/12 hours|
|OnPar Golf Touchscreen GPS||13,000/300||None||Full color backlit touchscreen||Rechargeable lithium ion|
|SkyCaddie SG2.5 Golf GPS (Black)||16,000/varies based on membership plan||$29.95-129.95 annually, depending on plan||120x80 backlit black and white LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/14 hours|
|Sky Caddie SG3.5V GPS Unit||16,000/20||$29.95-129.95 annually, depending on plan||High-resolution 2.2-inch backlit color LCD||Three AAA|
|SkyCaddie SG5 Golf GPS (Black)||16,000/10||$29.95-129.95 annually, depending on plan||220x176 high-resolution backlit color LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/14 hours|
|SkyCaddie SGX Golf GPS||30,000 pre-loaded||$29.95-129.95 annually, depending on plan||Three-inch, high-resolution transflective TFT-LCD screen||Rechargeable lithium ion/14 hours|
|Sonocaddie Auto Play Golf GPS||Pre-loaded with 18,000/30,000||None||220x176 high-resolution backlit color LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/12 hours|
|Sonocaddie V300 Color GPS Unit||22,000/30||One-time $29.95 or $49.95 fee, depending on plan, or $5 per course after first five free downloads||2.2-inch high-resolution backlit color LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/15 hours|
|Sonocaddie XV2 Personal Golf GPS||22,000/20||One-time $29.95 or $49.95 fee, depending on plan, or $5 per course after first five free downloads||Black and white LCD||Three AAA/10 hours|
|Sureshot GPS Golf System||14,000/10||$29.95-199.95 annually, depending on plan||Full color backlit LCD||Rechargeable lithium ion/typically lasts for 36 holes|