5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, informative, great fun to read
Published on December 2, 2007 by Dave

1.0 out of 5 stars Funny Book
A good book for a few laughs. If you want a very good golf swing book then buy Four Magic Moves by Joe Dante.
Published 16 months ago by Charles E. Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, informative, great fun to read, December 2, 2007
Dave (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
John and his co-writer have pulled off the trick of writing a golf instruction book that is an amusing read and will not send you to sleep within the first few pages or require deep study and a Ph.D in "golf speak". The tone of the book is very chatty and you can almost hear the Big Man talking as you read: it captures his patois and personality really well. Serious students of all things golf may not find much here they do not already know (and I know as I am one of those sad people ...) but honestly it is as close to a good read as a golf instructional could ever get. The subject matter is very wide-ranging, covering preparation, a little technical swing stuff, course management, psychology etc. in bite-sized short chapters. Although strictly speaking the material will be familiar to most seasoned golfers, it is put across in a such a vivid and down-to-earth way that is convincing and motivating. By contrast to most golf instruction which is pretty soporific and requires hard work and study, this is a breeze and great fun to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Daly Approach, December 12, 2007
John Daly has written this book without the usual paralysis of analysis that many golf book authors use. This makes the book interesting and enjoyable to read. So, I would put the book in the "fun to read" category. Whether the contents of the book will improve your golf game is for each reader to determine.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun book from one of my favorite Arkansans, September 21, 2014
I like John Daly; how could you not? He seems like a down-to-earth, good guy that doesn't take himself or those around him too seriously. I've been given several books on improving my golf game, mainly from buddies who have to suffer my annual promise that I'm giving up the game for good, but this is by far the most enjoyable of those I've read. I can't say it improved my game but it did help to put things into perspective. I have realized that what I really enjoy about golf is just getting outside and spending time in the company of friends (and a few beers or more makes it pretty much a perfect day). Now that's golf, "My own damn way!" Thanks John.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of "Golf My Own Damn Way" by John Daly, March 14, 2012
This is a good book for golf lovers of nearly any skill level. The book has just the right amount of humor to make it a fun read, while still giving a lot of good advice, from preparation to completion of the round. Daly's writing style is enjoyable and his unique character shines through. I would recommend this book for any amateur golfer.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book !, November 20, 2007
Ken (Coral Springs, FL) - See all my reviews
What a great book ! Ever wonder what it would be like to play in a
Pro Am ? Would you like to know all the advice that a player like John Daly has for his Pro Am partners ? This is the book for you !

5.0 out of 5 stars Already improving golf game, February 20, 2008
I was reading this book in the bookstore and found a lot of good information....Before reading the book I was hitting my driver only 200 yards with a major slice and after reading it....believe it or not....I was hitting my all of clubs way further...3 wood was going 240-250, 7 iron usually went 155 yards but now 165-170, 8 iron about 160, 9 iron 145-155, I crushing the ball, besides the belly turn the whole mentality aspect of the game he discusses made a major difference in hitting more accurate shots...I have now bought the book after seeing the effects on the golf course

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect gift for the golfer, May 12, 2014
great book...perfect for the golfing man that you don't know what to buy...john daly is just too funny yet the whole book is full of very good advice...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Golf Reading, March 5, 2014
Golf addicts get an insight into how JD views his golf game and
bits of his life too. Wish I could have his Grip it and Rip it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars John rules, June 14, 2013
John makes the game fun and it is about being yourself. I would like to play golf with him one day

1.0 out of 5 stars Funny Book, May 30, 2013