Customer Discussions > Gone Girl forum

Gone Girl

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2013 7:02:31 PM PDT
Joella says:
My daughter is an English teacher and tells me to get a lot of books, when she told me this one was really good I ordered it. For the first time we do not agree on a book, maybe the age difference I am 72 she is a lot younger. I hated this book, really hated it and I don't usually have that kind of a feeling about a book, I like them, love them or just say they are okay, but not this one. It was very depressing and also made her husband look like a total fool. The ending was the worst, will never buy any of her books again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 3:12:45 PM PDT
You are not alone Joella. I started the Gone Girl Hate Club discussion on the forum page precisely for the same reason. I slogged through this book only to feel duped, insulted and in sheer disbelief at the raves reviews I had read prior. Never again.ugh. what a waste.

Posted on Aug 21, 2013 7:41:19 AM PDT
Wow, I never really give reviews, but I am always interested in what others think. I read one that said "couldn't put it down" well on that and other positive reviews I took a chance. All I can say is I couldn't wait to put it down. This one is a no-go for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gone Girl forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gone Girl
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Hardcover - June 5, 2012)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (35,611)