Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2013 1:10:18 PM PDT
I am 47, 173lb female.
I have learned how to eat, cook, and read lables all since 2009 when i was diagnosed with "leaky gut sysndrome, gluten intollerant"
I read about how everyone has lost weight. I have not lost any weight, in fact, i have gained 30. I just don't understand it.
Is it my age? is it hormone imbalance?
I take vitamins but i am not sure if i am taking the right ones.

Any help?

Posted on May 3, 2013 7:33:55 AM PDT
Victoria,

The lady that owns the health food store that I frequent recently lost a lot of weight in the last year; so I asked her just yesterday what she was doing. I have seen this lady over the last three years and she was very large; but she has not been at the store, where I can see her, probably for the last six moths. When I saw her yesterday...what a transformation! she told me she gave up GRAINS not just wheat, of course you know this includes corn, rice wheat, oats and any derivatives thereof, like grits, pasta, breads, flours, nutrition bars. This morning I noticed that my even my green powder supplement has a slew of grain products in it...something that I'd never given thought to before this revelation that grains can be a hinderance to weight loss for some individuals. She told me that before she stopped using grains she could not lose weight. So maybe it is not just the gluten from wheat that is your nemesis, maybe, like her, it is all grains. I too have given up gluten with minuscule weight loss. I will take it a step further and give up grains altogether to see if this works for me. The lady about whom I am referring says she has "eaten clean" and healthily for years and practices a healthy lifestyle but did not find satisfaction until she removed the consumption of grains from her diet. She is also an aerobics instructor and was still over-weight until she did this. I asked her how she knew to give up grains and she said that it was tenacious in her research and process of elimination practices over many years. She did not try to sell me a supplement or give me a diet plan...she is a visual testimony.

I do believe that age plays a part in the ability to tolerate certain foods, I do not think it is not all metabolism-based as both she and I are fiercely active. There may be hormone issues at play and I will look into that for myself if removing grains does not work for me. The health food store owner and I are both in our mid-fifties if that helps. I just started having weight problems two years ago, before that I fluctuated between a size 2 to 6. That is not to brag, I am very short 5'. I am now a size 14 bottom and size 8 top. All this weight in two years!!!

I too am consumed in researching my weight-gain situation. So starting today and continuing for the next eight week test period, I will consume absolutely no grains...ONWARD! Good luck in your own weight awareness journey too.

Kaye
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2013
Latest post:  May 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about