5.0 out of 5 stars Removes gum and other sticky residue
I bought this to remove some sticky stuff left behind after I removed duct tape from a metal surface. A few weeks later, I managed to get chewing gum on the floor mats of my new car.

This product easily removed the tape residue and the chewing gum from my shoes and the floor mats. It leaves behind a slight citrus (i.e. Oranges) smell, which evaporates quickly.
Published on August 23, 2005 by M. Anderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy collectors may want to look elsewhere
Published on April 11, 2012 by D. R. Berger

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes gum and other sticky residue, August 23, 2005
M. Anderson (Santa Ana, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy collectors may want to look elsewhere, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Goo Gone 8 oz. - Removes stickers, grease, gum, tar, crayon & tape (Kitchen)
I've used Bestine* (an ages-old solvent thinner, available at most art supply stores) to remove price stickers from toys, but a buddy recommended this product to me, so I decided to give it a go. I used it to remove a price sticker from the blister of a carded Mego Hulk - the product worked, but it took five applications to get all of the paper and goo gone. Bestine would have made quicker work of it.

I'm nervous about trying to remove stickers from toy cards, as I don't know what effect this will have soaking into the paper (and the soaking is necessary with Goo Gone... it's not with Bestine, as it evaporates very quickly). It works, but due to its slow-soak nature, I'll stick with the ages-old method from now on.

* Believe it or not, I don't work for Bestine, I've just found it to be very useful, so I figured I'd write this review in case someone hasn't heard of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly, January 17, 2014
Easily removes sticker residue. The only thing I would recommend is don't remove the silver foil at the mouth of the bottle, instead pierce the foil with a pin and then use it as a squirty bottle. This will be much easier to manage the flow of the liquid as you only need a very small amount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 10, 2010
I grew up with this product and have always known it as a super effective product. Got sticker residue? Use Goo Gone. What else?

My only concern here was the price and quantity. But I was sure surprised. I was considering getting the 1oz, as it was cheaper, but this being the 8oz and being around the same price, I couldn't walk away from the deal.

I almost regret it. I've used this to remove 4+ sticker stains, and I doubt I've used 1/20th of the bottle. It's so much!

My only complaint is that they give you a single hole to squirt this through. Some kind of plastic knob or mechanism would make it easier to apply. But it's not that big of a deal.

IMPORTANT: Don't just open it up and pour it on something and start scrubbing away. It doesn't work like that. Put enough to cover the area, let it sit for 3minutes, then wipe away. You won't have to repeat this more than twice, if ever at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job!, September 2, 2010
I've been using Goo Gone for years to get residue off of video game cases, CD cases, etc. I've used it to clean up duct tape, price labels, and stickers. I always keep a bottle around the house, I'm always finding new uses for the stuff. It even smells great - like oranges!

5.0 out of 5 stars A++, February 1, 2012
I absolutely hate those stickers that they put on glass plates or on rubbermaid products. Bought this to remove the sticky gum off after you peel or in most cases scrap the price tag off. Works like a charm. I will buy this product again and if your like me with those darn price tags this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, May 7, 2009
Carole L. Presberg "Shepdog" (Tyngsboro, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this stuff! I've been struggling with removing the remnants of labels and price tag stickers for years until someone told me about GooGone. I was skeptical until I tried it and now I wish I heard about it years ago. It seems to even take labels off paper without damaging the paper (ok, it does leave behind a little stain, but sometimes that's better than the label goo--test it first).

5.0 out of 5 stars Goo Gone, November 10, 2008
This appears to be the new version of Goo Gone, I only ordered one bottle to start (to make sure it was up the to old Goo Gone standards) and I was happy with its results. Will be ordering more bottles today (although I would prefer a larger bottle size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for removing sticker residue, May 31, 2011
For anyone who shops at GameStop, this product is a must. Gamestop tends to post about 3 to 4 stickers on their products; trying to remove them almost always results in some sticky residue. A few drops of goo gone, a few seconds of waiting, and a little bit of scrubbing removes 100% of the residue, keeps the plastic in tact, and leaves behind a citrus smell. You can pick this up at the dollar store for a dollar. Great product and a must for a gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing use for my fiberglass shower, removes hard to clean body oils from skin care products., March 31, 2014
This product easily cleaned the surface of my shower such as the natural body oils and skin care product oils that tend to deposit on shower walls, and are very difficult to clean. Regular cleaning using other products are respiratory irritants, like Lysol Kitchen/Bath spray cleaners, leaves the buildup behind (smell is prohibitive and excludes my use of them).

My shower stall is fiberglass. I did test this product on a small area before using it on the entire surface areas. I waited a week. It did no harm.

Probably like the previous owner of my home, I absolutely must use body/skin lotions for moisturizing due to living in this DRY DESERT area. However, these skin care products do tend to end up on my shower walls and are difficult if not nearly impossible to remove, even with bath cleansers or the bath/kitchen sprays. Regular Ajax or other grainy cleansers does nothing but make you work hard and end up with a sore shoulder joint, and in the end is just a waste of time, money and energy and does not clean the body product residues.

After testing in a small area, letting it sit for a week to determine if Goo Gone would damage the surface. I went ahead and tested, as I had a ONE ounce bottle of the Goo Gone, and with a corner of my sponge, cleaned a 4x4 foot area within a few minutes. Amazing. So I ordered the 32 ounce bottle. Good price savings with a larger bottle.

THIS product, used with a regular sponge, cleaned my entire shower stall within a half hour. It did not require excess chemicals that burn my nose and make my lungs feel like I've inhaled ammonia or chlorine gasses for hours. I used less than a cup for my entire stall shower and one sponge that had a non-abrasive 'rough' scouring side. I used it and altogether it worked great. THIS is good. My shower stall looks so clean and new again. Honestly, I've struggled with this issue for the past 8 years, since moving to the desert.

Now that it is cleaned and new looking, as advised for all fiberglass shower and bath surfaces, I will use a Carnauba Wax to help prevent future buildups of hard water deposits or body oils. The shower stall had that problem since I bought my home in 2006, and I would have applied the wax long ago, however, I was unable to get it cleaned properly. Now, it's done.

I do have issue with using strong chemicals. But, sometimes to get something clean the first time so you can continue to keep it clean using good healthy biodegradable products, you have to get it clean first. It is not likely that I will use this product on a regular basis to keep shower clean. There is a time and place for strong treatments. This was one time.
I used gloves, and kept 2 windows open and a fan to pull air in one window and out the other. I did not have any skin issues even though some did get onto my skin. Actually the smell is not so much chemical as it is Citrusy or lemony. I had no respiratory issues after using this product.

The product does contain petroleum distillates(PDs) at 70% level(PDs synonyms are Kerosene and Mineral Spirits), and citrus oils (aka terpenes). BUT, common aerosol AIR FRESHENERS also contain the same PDs at 40-60%. So I guess I could have used my air freshener spray to clean my shower. I did not know that, but I did research on the product before I purchased it. Petroleum Distillates are found primarily in auto paint protection and cleaning products, and YES air fresheners for home and auto, just to name a FEW. BUT if you want to know much much more about any ingredient used for body, house, garden, products, just, google US Dept of Health and Human Services Toxicity Data Base..it is an amazing resource. Yes, this product is harmful or fatal if ingested. It is advised to use in ventilated area and wear gloves to prevent skin ingestion. It is said that PDs can be harmful to Aquatic life if exposed. However, I used a small amount, and none went down the drain. It does evaporate if left to open air.

Rate and Discover Movies