Tim Miles is the genuine article. I should know, because I've had the good fortune of hiring him to create ads and strategies for my clients, and I've seen him work his magic in the spotlight as an in-demand presenter.

Published on August 23, 2012 by Michele Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
I didn't order this
Published 4 months ago by VAinCA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book That Brings Life, Work, and Service Together In One Package, August 23, 2012
This review is from: Good Company: Making It - Keeping It - Being It (Paperback)

When I read the premise for "Good Company," I knew it would be top-shelf because it represented Tim's personal values - growing your business by serving your employees, customers, and your own personal growth. The book is a deceptively easy read the first time around, with short chapters that pack a punch. But be warned: you will be compelled to re-visit the book on a continual basis, thanks to the nuggets of intellectual gold that stick to your neurons.

Tim shares examples from his own uniquely remarkable life, as well as lessons learned from the hundreds of clients he has worked with over the years. Filled with humor and inspiration, it's the book you'll be recommending to all of your friends and colleagues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strategy, Tactics, and Heart -- In 108 Awesome Short Essays, August 21, 2012
First, full disclosure: I'm a friend and colleague of the authors. So consider this a biased review. That said, it's easy enough to say something nice without gushing, and I'm about to gush, because this book deserves it.

Some business books contain great ideas, and very little on practical tips for implementation. You're on your own when it comes to implementing those great ideas. Some business books have lots of tactics and tips and how-to info, but relatively little strategic weight and even less passion -- no brain and no heart. This book is rare in that it has lots of heart AND lots of big thinking AND tons of tactics for translating all that passion and strategy into results.

How does the author pack all that into one, relatively short book?

First, he's humble enough to learn from his brilliant clients while also proving himself and his ideas by growing their businesses into giants. Then he went and reported on what proved to be sure-fire, no-kidding-this-works approaches on his blog. And finally he went back and connected whatever dots he hadn't already figured out. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat over the last 8 or 9 years.

The end result is a book that's an absorbing pleasure to read, but that you probably WON'T read all in one sitting. Nope. If you're anything like me, you'll keep laying the book down to schedule something or fire off an e-mail, or pace around your house thinking. This is a book that'll end up underlined and starred and annotated on every page.

This is a book you'll be glad you bought. I know I was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading - this book is Good Company, October 30, 2012
I never heard of Tim Miles before reading this book. I highly recommend his book
to everyone. This is one of the few books I have ever read that brought smiles and tears to me. This could have been 3 separate books there is so much value here.

Reading and absorbing what comes through it will enthuse you and just might enrich
your life. Share this with everyone you care about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Company for you to keep, September 28, 2012
Steve Rae (Stratford, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Good Company by Tim Miles is a great book for owners and operators of small businesses with under 100 employees. Heck, there are 5.91 million of you in America so this probably includes you. This book pulls no punches as it walks you through some of the common pitfalls made by small businesses on a regular basis. It will help you soar if you even implement just one great idea from this book. Crack the book open, read just three pages and if you like what's on those pages, read three more. Soon you will find yourself deep in Tim World, because he is a compelling writer, easy to read and fun too. And the advice? First rate,... top of the class,...numero uno,... you get the idea. Buy the book, it will be the best company you keep this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relevant, on point, and leaves no chord unstruck, September 19, 2012
In Good Company, Tim Miles gives the reader a breadcrumb trail of real life tips, hints, and self realization actionable items that lead to 'ah-ha' moment after 'ah-ha' moment. Find Eureka. Read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Company is a Very Good Read, September 17, 2012
I really enjoyed reading "Good Company". It's not complicated, stuffy, or preachy. Each chapter offers up smart, simple, smack-your-forehead-and-say-"Yes!" advice for getting off your butt and getting things done.

5.0 out of 5 stars The business book equivalent of flourless chocolate cake..., September 16, 2012
...too good to eat more than a little at once. It's rich. Take a bite. Put your fork down and savor.

I met Tim Miles in 2008. He spoke at an event, and I sat in the audience. He was quite good then, and this is even better (although he has great pipes too--former radio dude, so it would be cool to hear him read the book himself!)

He's smart. He's funny. He pulls no punches, but his efforts are all in the spirit of improvement. The book is snarky, optimistic, thoughtful and has a sharp sense of direction. Miles tells how to be a better person and a better business. I am sure that there are at least a dozen ways that this will help me, the business where I work and our clients. Find how his advice fits into your world and start a gentle, yet effective, revolution at your place.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best business book I've read this year, September 13, 2012
I devour business books, motivational books any books that will help me in my career. This is the best business book I've read this year. I plan to buy several and give to my clients for gifts. This book will help business owners and managers build their business. It's easy to read and understand and you can immediately use the information. Way to go Tim Miles!! I can't wait for the next book you create.

5.0 out of 5 stars A business book that's informative AND fun to read!, September 12, 2012
Tim teaches us through his storytelling methods of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of business today. He calls spades spades and doesn't give small businesses a pass on poor service just because they are small. I enjoyed the book to the point that that I am including it on my recommended reading list for my clients and have bought extra copies to give to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under Promised --- Over Delivered, September 12, 2012
When this book was announced I immediately ordered my copy and told my facebook friends "I bought this book ("Good Company" by Tim Miles) the moment it became available...and when it hits my doorstep I plan on stopping whatever I'm doing to read it. Do I believe this guy has insights to improve my company and the companies affiliated with (Ascension Pro Services)? Ya sure you betcha!"
That's just what I did. Read it quick (in 2 days) and started reading it again..."Dog Ears" and HIGHLIGHTER marks everywhere!
Thank you for the incredible insights Tim! My business and my clients businesses are improving and will continue to grow thanks greatly to your insights and instruction in "The Daily Blur" and this book!
Now...can I get Secret #3? (page 9)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Good Company: Making It - Keeping It - Being It
Good Company: Making It - Keeping It - Being It by Tim Miles (Paperback - July 4, 2012)
$17.95 $14.51