5.0 out of 5 stars pretty pleasing pie plate

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked under glaze in seven places
Published 23 months ago by Karen Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty pleasing pie plate, January 4, 2010
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
I bought two of these after unsuccessfully searching for deep dish pie plates in several stores. These are every bit as nice as the ones found in the fancy kitchen catalogs and are less than a third of the price. The size is generous, the heft is perfect, the surface smooth and easy to clean and the color is rich and suitable for serving directly to the table. I made a homemade apple pie for New Year's to bring to my mom's. She kept admiring the pie plate so I gave it to her and returned to Amazon to order another. These are so pleasing, they have inspired me to stock up on pie recipies and improve my pie making ability. They would make wonderful gifts, I plan to buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceramic pie plate review, October 2, 2009
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
I initially bought this item because, I wanted a "pretty" pie plate.. I also liked the ceramic look. *I'm not sure if they are the same thing, but when mine arrived, it said stoneware.. You can't tell from the picture, but the off white interior is a bit darker than that, almost a sandy beige color, the red is also darker. It is a VERY HEAVY pie plate. and much larger than i had originally expected. deep as well, so if making from scratch pies be sure to acccount for the depth and width. I had to double recipes for dough and filling to make a chess pie in this but it was SOOOO good! Cooked nicely! Cleaned up very well, too! A++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars love the plate, not the extra recommended items!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
This pie plate is beautiful so I have no complaints... I just want to warn buyers that the "Norpro Pie Crust Shield" that appears on Amazon's list of items "Frequently Bought Together" DOES NOT fit with this pie plate, although the dimensions say otherwise. Again... DO NOT buy the recommended pie crust shield with this pie plate!! Other than that mishap I am completely satisfied with the plate itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked under glaze in seven places, March 2, 2013
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
This plate is now just 1 year old (purchased March 22, 2012) and in first six months first crack appeared-- long thin line under glaze that either side has a cloud of gray. Now has seven such cracks. Horrible pie plate. Bakes NO better than Pyrex glass pie plates. Depth can be had, I'm sure, in other brands: try the Fiesta 10-1/4-Inch Deep Dish Pie Baker, Turquoise, or the Pyrex 9 1/2 inch Easy Grab Pie Plate. As long as it's NOT Good Cook anything. Meanwhile had trio of strainers by Good Cook and handle broke off large one; called to replace it and they said it was past 6 months so they would not replace it. Good Cook is TERRIBLE brand, meant NOT to last!!! Will NEVER purchase anything of Good Cook again. Should be forced to give up that nomenclature it is sooo false.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good pan for the price, March 17, 2011
I wanted an Emile Henry pie plate, but at $45, felt it was out of my price range for an occasional item so I settled for this Oneida plate at a fraction of the price.

It's nine inches, glazed a lovely poppy red (not orange)and just beautiful.

My experimental apple shortcrust pie turned out perfectly and was so much prettier than in the old Pyrex plate. I'm very pleased with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pie Plate!, December 5, 2009
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
I was baking pies for a dessert auction fund raiser and wanted to include the plate (rather than have someone have to return it). So, I needed something that looked good and that was at a good price point. This pie plate was perfect! Nice heavy weight and deep enough for a really nice pie. Definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars heavy and beautiful, December 19, 2009
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
After reading reviews from others, I ordered this pie plate. It is so pretty and heavy! It is really "deep" as well. I liked that it was inexpensive. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and looks good!, June 24, 2011
Pipigurl (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
This pie plate exceeded my expectations. I also bought the Stanley Roberts Scalloped Pie Plate, Red, but the Good Cook is much sturdier. It is quite heavy and big (11 inches from end to end) but has a very nice appearance. The color is more orange than red but it's still pretty. I serve it straight from the oven to the table and I love that it doesn't get scratched. I don't have a round cake pan so I use this plate for cakes too!

I bought the Norpro pie protector with this but it doesn't fit. So I'm back to using Mrs. Anderson's Baking 9-inch Silicone Pie Crust Shield that I normally use with my 9-inch pie dish. It is a little small, but it comes in 4 separate pieces so at least it doesn't squish the pie edges like the Norpro.

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY NICE!!!, October 13, 2011
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
I got this for my mother, who has a great Swedish Apple Pie recipe that calls for a deep dish pie pan. Although this pie pan isn't listed as "deep dish," it looked like it is so I ordered it. She just got it, and here's some of what she said: "It is a nice heavy weight, it has a beautiful deep red color, the ceramic is thick, and it IS deep. I can't wait to make that pie again!" If you're looking for a deep-dish pie pan that is heavy and beautiful, this is the one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This pie plate "frames" my pies perfectly, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red (Kitchen)
My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was a caramel apple cherry pie covered leaf cutouts featured on the cover of a magazine. Both the pie and the plate were hits. It's a nice deep dish, good weight, easy clean up surface, and it coordinates beautifully with my Fiesta dinnerware.

Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red