Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Good Cook Touch Spatula Spreader
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Multicolored|Change

on May 25, 2014
Prior to ordering this spatula, I tried using a previous version (a red one mentioned in earlier reviews.) This gray version is awful. The silicone isn't flexible at all. It's like losing your right arm and then replacing it with a grotesque robot prosthetic that shatters wine glasses when you try to hold them and squashes kittens. Its awkward and an inadequate version of its red predecessor.
on April 18, 2013
I bought one of these several years ago, same brand and style, but red, in Target, but haven't found another lately. the red one is such a useful implement, due to its fine edge and great flexibility, and I wanted another before they are superseded. This one has the edge but not the flexibility. It is rubbish.
55 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2014
I got the red one of this a number of years ago, and it is my favorite spatula/stirrer. It's flexible yet strong, and the red makes it look pretty great too. Sadly, after all this time, the spine's broken through the silicone a tiny bit, so things stick a bit at the break. I'm going to order another one here, and hopefully it will be a good replacement and not a knock-off or of poor construction. I will update accordingly once I receive it.

UPDATE:
I finally got around to making a video, since I wanted to help others figure out whether they wanted to replace their old ones with this. There is a definite difference between the old red one and the new grey one. I am not a huge fan of the grey, but I'm going to keep it because others in the house prefer it. I just wish it was the same or similar to the old one.
on January 3, 2014
I got one of the old red spatulas as a gift and it was life changing. I have added 2 more of the red ones and have loved them for years. They are starting to show some wear and tear and I know they won't last forever. I finally found the grey ones and was so excited, I bought 2. Big Mistake! They are LOUSY!! Hard as rocks and completely useless. Don't order these. It's too late for me to return them, so they are going straight to Goodwill, where if someone pays 50 cents for them, they are overpaying! I don't understand why they changed the flexibility - that was the whole point and what made them so great. Now they suck - big time!
on December 20, 2013
I had on original good cook product.
Wanted the same product so I ordered 3 units as shown on Amazon.
I got one unit in original package with same details as the one I had, and 2 additional units in cheap packaging, different logo, different shape, rough edges and surface. shape and size is different, and very poor quality.
They even did not copy the Logo right, and name is not even molded on product as the original one.

Complained and got refund for the 2 nock-offs. Merchant said he sis not know it was not original (completely different product except for colors).
Not sure what you will get when you order.
on August 18, 2014
I was looking for the Good Cook silicone spatula (the one with a thin red blade) and bought these instead. The blade is too thick and too stiff for my liking. I find that I almost never use these.

It's a good, well constructed tool, just not one that I use in my day-to-day cooking.
on December 15, 2011
This silicone spatula has a million uses! It has a different shape than many spatulas, but for most uses it's perfect. it is long enough to reach the bottom of peanut butter and jelly jars, and the blade is long enough to scrape most of the jar in one swipe. The tip is flexible enough to bend 90 degrees and scrape the bottom, too. On the other hand, the blade is quite tough and elastic, which means you can use it for thick things. I used to have to use a spoon to get most of the peanut butter out of the jar, then use a spatula to scrape out the last bits. This spatula is strong enough to do both. Last night I used it on cookie dough.

The other awesome feature of this spatula is the heat-resistant silicone. This makes it PERFECT for stirring and scraping things on the stove. boiling water, even boiling oil doesn't phase it. I use this for making sauces and gravies; it lets me scrape the bottom of the pan CLEAN. If you use a wooden spoon like many people recommend, you are gonna miss bits of the bottom of the pan; if you're heating milk, or eggs, or custards, you want to prevent the bottom from burning while the ingredients heat; this spatula is perfect for this. I use it for making ghee (stirring boiling butter).

A few notes and tips:

The handle is NOT heat-resistant silicone, just plastic. Set this across the top of your kettle for a few minutes and it'll look like mine, with a nice melted notch.

While the silicone blade is tough and resilient, it is susceptible to cutting. Watch out scraping out tin cans! Mine developed 3 or 4 slices after a few years this way, and then little chunks began to break off from the wounds. Avoid sharp edges.
on April 23, 2013
My kids call these "machetes" and we have four of them. They are good for stirring, for scraping out bowls, and for getting the last of the mayo out of the jar. Because they are heatproof, I use them all the time for cooking in my nonstick pans.
on July 17, 2015
Unlike the red model I bought from Good Cook years ago, this one is quite rigid (not silicone). The red one had just the right amount of flex to spread stuff nicely or to scrape out a jar - this one can't hardly clean a jar and I can't spread stuff as well with it either.
Just be aware this is NOT like the red model you might be trying to replace.
on September 28, 2015
I have their earlier version which was done in red with very flexible silicone and it does a superior job in maneuvering batters. It is my best kitchen tool. It is also ergonomically much better to handle. Hoping to get another for my use and one as a gift I was extremely disappointed. This one is too stiff and the silicone is not flexible at all. Called the company and complained; was told that their 'designers' felt that this model is better. I think it is a very cheap rendition of the first model, yet they still charged $9 plus for it.