Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

We recently bought this book based on its design. A smart looking cookbook with no pictures? Definately. As we have been trying the receipes, we have been very impressed with the subtle flavors of the various dishes and less impressed with the design of the book. The fish soups, and in particular, the Carrot and Mussel soup, are wonderful. I have been less impressed with the "slender soup" section, but then of course, that may have something to do with the lack of fattening ingredients and better offerings in other vegetarian cookbooks for example. My one complaint with the cookbook is that I would have preferred an order to the soups based on main ingredients rather based on themes such as "festive" or "slender". The ingredients used are generally easy to find here in Seattle, and most of the receipes seem to be reasonably easy to prepare and economical.
on January 24, 1999
Before I had a copy of "A Good Day for Soup", soup to me was chicken noodle in a can (yuck, those mushy noodles!). Now, having sampled over half the recipes in this culinary treasure, soup is not only warm and delicious, but a fun and creative experience. There is a recipe for just about any mood or any ingredient in your fridge, from Curried Chicken Chowder to Ball Park Soup. This cookbook guarantees a warm, nourishing meal for one or for a crowd. I hope the authors read this review, because I'd like to offer them my thanks.
on February 23, 2000
For those who love to warm the home and heart with great soups but can't take the whole day to cook this is a terrific resource. The recipes are based on common ingredients, the instruction is clear and the results are a treat!
This is a great cookbook to have on your "everyday" shelf - to grab when it's cold and rainy outside and you don't really want to run to the market to prepare a great dinner.
Enjoy...
on January 10, 2008
This book was actually given to us and we have loved it. We have only tried a few of the recipes but so far every one has been a fun, delicious experience. My favorite is the Carrot Soup with Cilantro Ribbons. It's fantastic, easy and a guest pleaser.
on July 8, 2008
This is one of my favorite cookbooks ever. There is something for everyone no matter how basic of a chef, and the recipes have been unfailingly delicious. I have given this as a gift many times.
on January 19, 2014
I have had soups made from this book before and I'm thrilled to have my own copy. This book has a nice variety of recipes.
on February 26, 2013
This book is for you. Most of the recipes are fairly simply and all that I have tried ate so very tasty!
on July 1, 2014
great soup!
on January 1, 2015
For anyone who loves soup, and I do, this is the perfect addition to you cookbook collection. Good read, good recipes, good fun for dinner.