Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 16, 2001
When I was a kid, I wore Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia out! I probably couldn't tell you much about the plot, but anybody who's ever read an Amelia Bedelia book knows that it's all about her doing everything wrong! The only thing that sticks with me is the picture of Amelia stuffing the Christmas stockings with turkey stuffing, which to this day I find hilarious. I don't know what it is about this one particular story, maybe it's because it's the only Amelia Bedelia book I ever read, but I love it just the same. I my mind, it ranks up there with Charlotte's Web and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; it's just one of those funny, timeless books that fed my lifelong passion for reading and writing.
on September 24, 2000
This book is really good for children of all ages. It shows you that you have to explain things in detail, because someone might take you literally. The writer is comical and serious at the ssame time which is a good combonation. This book also shows that you can mess up and things can still come out right.
on December 2, 1999
I think that this is a good book for little kids. It is fun for them to read. When little kids read this they always laugh at how Amelia always makes mistakes. She always seems to do something wrong.
on April 22, 2013
My daughter loves Amelia Bedelia, just like I did as a child, and had an easy and enjoyable time reading this book. She is a first grader this year, and was able to read it alone midway through the schoolyear. The DRA level is 28 (late second-third grade) but her current level is 20-22 (early second grade) and it seems appropriate. It is engaging enough to real aloud as well.
on March 13, 2013
This was my favorite book as a child. It brings back so many fond memories of going to the school library every year right before Christmas vacation so that I could take it with me and have it during the whole two weeks of Christmas break to myself. When I found it on amazon I just had to buy it. It was always hilarious how Amelia did everything all wrong and I always found it funny how she was left with instructions that were very vague, only in her mind of course. I remember always wondering how it was possible that she didnt know about Christmas decorations at her age because you would assume shes seen Christmas all her life. I am going to be graduating soon and start teaching, and I know that this is definitely going to be one of the books that I will be sharing with my students. I cant wait to read it to them and get to do it all over again!
on March 18, 2014
*** I do childcare with toddlers up to age ten. preschoolers to my ten year old are excited when I have a new Amelia bedelia book.
I enjoy them as well. occasionally something has to be explained because we don't use the same words "draw the curtains"---that's fun as well.
on February 4, 2013
She is one of my all time favorite characters. I especially LOVE her for students who might need some encouragement about anything that makes them different. We all fall in love with Amelia Bedelia and that love and respect transfers to anyone who might do or say things a little differently than others. Not to mention how it is just plain old fun to pick up one of her books and LAUGH!
on January 4, 2013
Amelia Bedelia books are fandiddlytastic books for lower elementary kids who love to laugh! This book, Good Driving, is just one of many, many, Amelia Bedelia books that are filled with humor as Amelia trips over the meaning of words and always has a different meaning of a word than it's meant to be. I dare you not to laugh with your child as you two read this together!!!
on January 4, 2013
As soon as my niece opened and saw the book she loved it. I loved the Amelia books when I was young and hope she can love them too. It is a different way for kids to learn that making mistakes is ok, it is how we learn.
on January 10, 2013
When I was a child, the Amelia Bedelia books were among my favorites. Now I have a daughter, named Amelia, so it was only natural to begin her collection if these books.
The Merry Christmas book was in perfect condition and just as funny and heartwarming as I remember it.
Thank you!