5.0 out of 5 stars Amelia Bedelia is the BEST!
Published on January 16, 2001 by Letita Monique Aaron

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!
My 7 year old daughter loves Amelia Bedelia! I was very disappointed in this book because it shows Mr. Rogers as Santa. We believe in the magic of Santa, and this book can confuse young children who still Believe! Very disappointing!
Published 1 month ago by Lucy Watkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Amelia Bedelia is the BEST!, January 16, 2001
When I was a kid, I wore Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia out! I probably couldn't tell you much about the plot, but anybody who's ever read an Amelia Bedelia book knows that it's all about her doing everything wrong! The only thing that sticks with me is the picture of Amelia stuffing the Christmas stockings with turkey stuffing, which to this day I find hilarious. I don't know what it is about this one particular story, maybe it's because it's the only Amelia Bedelia book I ever read, but I love it just the same. I my mind, it ranks up there with Charlotte's Web and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; it's just one of those funny, timeless books that fed my lifelong passion for reading and writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia, September 24, 2000
By A Customer
This book is really good for children of all ages. It shows you that you have to explain things in detail, because someone might take you literally. The writer is comical and serious at the ssame time which is a good combonation. This book also shows that you can mess up and things can still come out right.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review of Merry Christmas Amelia Bedelia, December 2, 1999
I think that this is a good book for little kids. It is fun for them to read. When little kids read this they always laugh at how Amelia always makes mistakes. She always seems to do something wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Driving with Amelia Bedlia can be a punny thing, May 11, 2004
Amazon Customer (The Zenith City, Duluth, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (COMMUNITY FORUM 04)
This review is from: Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia (I Can Read Book 2) (Paperback)
Amelia Bedelia might never learn to not to take things literally, but then Mr. Rogers seems to keep forgetting what makes his housekeeper so unique, so he is not exactly showing a high learning curve either. In "Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia," things start off innocent enough. It is Amelia Bedelia's birthday and she is going to go visit her cousin Alcolu. Mr. Rogers offers to let her drive the family car, but Amelia Bedelia has not driven in years so he decides to see if her driving is as good as the picture on her drivers license. Of course, this turns out to be something of a mistake.
Actually, in this story, written by Peggy Parish's nephew Herman and illustrated by Lynn Sweat, there is more of a tendency to go with puns, especially once our heroine drives by a farm: "Herd of cows" says Mr. Rogers, and Amelia Bedelia says "Of course I have heard of cows." Once we get to cows we get around talking about a steer and horns, but then the pair are back on their way, looking for the fork in the road, trying to find a jack, and getting a toe.
So with all these puns this new adventure for Amelia Bedelia is really not in the true tradition of the series where the fun is always in how she takes comments literally, but it still has its moments and is charming in its own way. Sweat, of course, provided the illustrations for some of Peggy Parish's Amelia Bedelia books such as "Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia" and "Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping," so for many young readers these will be familiar pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any Christmas collection!, November 22, 2009
I found this the other day while looking through our stash of little kid books for something to read to the kids I babysit for. I hadn't seen it or (I almost hate to admit) thought about it in years, but I knew right away that it was the perfect holiday book to share with them. Amelia Bedelia has reigned as the children's Queen of Comedy for more than 40 years, and I doubt she'll be overthrown any time soon.

In this volume, our heroine helps Mrs. Rogers prepare for Christmas, but leaves the usual havoc in her wake. She trims the tree (literally), makes a date cake (with dates from the calendar), and stuffs the children's stockings (with real stuffing). Of course, everything works out in the end, but the process is quite an adventure.

Here's to Amelia Bedelia... Long may she bumble!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas as you've never celebrated it before!, February 5, 2008
Good old Amelia Bedelia! When Christmas is just around the corner, she just has to figure out which one! How can such a simple world turn out to be so complicated for America's favorite young housekeeper?

Only hoping to follow directions to the T, Amelia makes a date cake using dates -- but not the fruit kind, the numbers cut from a calendar page! And stuffing stockings for the neighbor's children is sure to be an adventure that defies description!

Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia is sure to be a favorite for young readers, and a wonderful opportunity to enjoy learning the wonders of word play!

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get off the road! Amelia Bedelia is DRIVING!, February 3, 2008
Wow! It's a road trip that sets the scene for this absolutely hilarious Amelia Bedelia novel that will keep her fans laughing 'till the last page!

Good Drriving, Amelia Bedelia is filled with tons of "Amelia-isms," her constant misinterpretations of the most ordinary things -- most outstandingly "fork in the road!"

The wonderful illustrations bring the story to life. This is most certainly a book not to be missed! It's wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amelia Bedellia is one of my favorite stories., July 9, 2013
I decided to buy the Grandchildren books to read each day before Christmas. I love this story. It is so fun to read how she confuses things only to make us appreciate what we have even more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly book for early readers, April 22, 2013
KMac (Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves Amelia Bedelia, just like I did as a child, and had an easy and enjoyable time reading this book. She is a first grader this year, and was able to read it alone midway through the schoolyear. The DRA level is 28 (late second-third grade) but her current level is 20-22 (early second grade) and it seems appropriate. It is engaging enough to real aloud as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia, January 14, 2012
Amelia Bedelia is the housekeeper for Mr. and Mrs. Rogers. (I would say she's probably about 18?) She takes everything literally; doesn't understand figures of speech. Because of this, she gets into some very interesting situations. But she does have an incredible talent: cooking, because she follows directions verbatim.

In this particular book, Christmas is just around the corner. Amelia wants to know which corner. She is to make a date cake, so she literally makes a "date" cake with a cut-up calender. She is to stuff stockings, so she stuffs them with stuffing like you would a turkey. She is to greet someone with carols, so you can imagine what she did. That's all I'm telling you. You have to read this fantastic book for yourself.

I love Amelia Bedelia books. If you haven't been lucky enough to discover her, I recommend these books.

Amelia Bedelia is one of my favorite characters. Even though these are children's books, I find a bit of coziness in these books. I have loved Amelia Bedelia every since I discovered her (when my kids were little.)

Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia (I Can Read Book 2)
Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia (I Can Read Book 2) by Herman Parish (Paperback - April 16, 2002)
$3.99