5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch book about finding God's truth
Published on March 7, 2009 by Christina Lockstein

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good read but didnt keep for my "library"
Published 5 months ago by Taz439

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch book about finding God's truth, March 7, 2009
This review is from: "I'm Not Good Enough"...and Other Lies Women Tell Themselves (Paperback)
I'm Not Good Enough by Sharon Jaynes is subtitled And Other Lies Women Tell Themselves. It's a terrific way to silence the voices that women (I know I do) hear that tell them they aren't good enough, would be happier with a new husband, or are unloved. Those are lies I hear far too often in my own head, especially the I would be happy if... I've often thought that I would be happy if my rheumatoid arthritis went away, but Jaynes uses Scripture and anecdotes to show why all of those lies are untrue and separate us from God's truth. I read Nancy Leigh DeMoss ' Lies that Women Believe several months ago, and while the two books are a bit similar, they address some different situations, and I learned a great deal from both books. DeMoss can be a bit condescending to her readers, but Jaynes is always full of love and compassion assuring readers that she's walked in their shoes and can relate without judgment. This would be a terrific book to do with a group or alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, January 21, 2009
This is a wonderful, Christian-based self-help book dealing mostly with lies a woman tells herself that lower not only her self-esteem, but limit her potential in all aspects of her life. Many of today's women struggle with their view of themselves and how they perceive that others see them. Jaynes points the reader to God's Word to see what God says about us and encourages us to start using Scripture to defeat the lies that so easily bring us down. It is a wonderful resource to share with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, September 22, 2009
I love how this book ties scripture into the real life stories to explain God's plan for us. Life changing, positive reinforcement of a woman's worth.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm not Good Enough and Other lies Women Tell Themselves by Sharon Jaynes, February 24, 2013
Again another book from one of the women of Proverbs 31 Ministries. I receive Devotionals each day and from different women and I ordered this one because it addressed the problem that women are brought up from an early age to believe they are not good enough.Thoughts like 'I'm worthless', I am not lovable.' Nobody would like me if they new what I am really like.'
These are lies from the enemy of our souls, who would rob us of our worth,and value as well as our peace and joy, and God given destiny.Through reading, and meditating on God's Word women can be set free to be His precious daughters. In Him we are confident and strong and of great worth and value.Then we can reach out to other women with the Truth of HIS LOVE..

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for women, November 16, 2009
This book hits nail on the head. The stories are easy to read & relatable. The context is filled with scripture connections to remind the women what God says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, a most read, January 18, 2013
Am about half way through the book and it has wonderful biblical insights. Been going through a very, very difficult marriage situation for nearly a year and this book helps me to realize that Christ loves me and I AM GOOD ENOUGH even when other people make you believe that you are not.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, September 28, 2010
Amazon Customer "smplocher" (NEW ULM, MN, United States) - See all my reviews
My friends and I are doing this as a bible study. Sharon has such wonderful insights and ways to put things that I immediately relate to what she's saying, and I have learned so much about myself and how I look at myself. This book has gone a long way to teach me about the lies I didn't even KNOW I was telling myself. My relationship with myself and my God has grown immeasurably since I did this study. Thanks, Sharon! You made a huge difference in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book!, January 25, 2011
I am a new believer, this book has been a real encouragement especially on learning to forgive myself and let go of the past and realize God loves and forgives. I reccomend this book to anyone it had a lot of useful information and good points to apply to everyday life. It has really applied to my life and opened my eyes to seeing that God loves me just the way I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
This was such a good book I've passed it along to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not Good Enough", October 12, 2013
This is a wonderfully thought filled well written book. Sharon gets right to the heart of the feelings we feel and think.
Loved it. Will buy more of her books!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

"I'm Not Good Enough"...and Other Lies Women Tell Themselves
"I'm Not Good Enough"...and Other Lies Women Tell Themselves by Sharon Jaynes (Paperback - January 1, 2009)
$13.99 $10.35