4.0 out of 5 stars Good with a But, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Good Food to Go: Healthy Lunches Your Kids Will Love (Paperback)
While I can't speak for how the recipes will pan out for kids (I'm willing to bet though some folks are going to complain loudly about "weird" ingredients - but come on. Just like adults, every kid has their own tastes. Don't knock the book because YOU wouldn't have wanted to eat the recipes at 10. Tastes change, heck my niece happily eats sushi, something I would have gone running screaming from the table if faced with at her age. Every kid is different.) since as yet, it's just my husband and I. But since I got the book to add some variety in OUR packed lunches... I'm rather impressed with this book. It covers the basics - and than expands out into possibly new territory, including a great deal of information on topics ranging from reading nutrition labels to the best way to beat the hurried morning rush in getting lunches packed and ready to roll.

The but is a small one, but it's there - not a single photo or illustration to be found in the book. Not one. That doesn't impact me personally - this isn't a bento style cookbook where you are trying to create visual feasts for the eye along with feeding the stomach. I'm good without a 100 pages of pictures of sandwiches, really - but I know that a lot of folks DO want to see what their food is supposed to look like in the end.

But barring that little snag? I think this book is going to do exactly what I was hoping for - add some much needed variety (of a healthy sort) to my lunches and my husband's lunches. And who know? It might just help prepare me for packing smaller versions here in a few years. But until then? This is a tasty book for all ages and needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great food guide, October 7, 2013
Love all the different options for the kids food. It's also great ideas for adults that are picky too! Happy with purchase!

Good Food to Go: Healthy Lunches Your Kids Will Love
Good Food to Go: Healthy Lunches Your Kids Will Love by Cheryl Mutch (Paperback - August 2, 2011)
$19.95 $15.16