Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Good Girl Gone Bad (Hot Cops Book 1)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 13, 2006
My wife had this book on her nightstand, and (I guess, because of the sexy cover), it certainly looked interesting to me, too. She'd read it in, like, one night. That fast, I swear. In fact, she couldn't put it down until she finished it, which is always a good sign.

I asked her if it was a decent read, and she laughed and said, "You'd love it. Not just for the police stuff, but the sex, too."

Hey, that was enough to pique my interest, since I happen to be a cop. And yeah, like every guy I know, I love smokin' sex scenes. I have to admit that usually I don't read this kind of book, but this particular author must have some background in police procedure (undercover, anyway), and, yeah, I'll say it: the sex scenes are HOT, and not just in a girly way, but in a way that guys can dig, too. (In other words, Tabke could write for PLAYBOY ADVISOR, if it wasn't beneath her.)

Sure, does the author contrive some of the circumstance? Maybe. But what made it a good read--and realistic, I might add--is the way in which she understands the motivation of an undercover cop, particularly one who has already been burned by the system (as most of us have) or is working with someone who he still doesn't know he can trust. So yeah, trust me, that rings true.

I'd give this 4 stars, only because I figured out the bad guy about a chapter or two before it was revealed, but since it looks like some other reviewer here has a grudge against this author and has trashed her on purpose, I'll chip in another star.

Better yet, I'll read her next book, too.
on September 16, 2006
Every page of GOOD GIRL GONE BAD sizzles with energy and pulses with passion. Tough cop Ty Jamerson is forced to work with follow-the-rules Philamina Zorn. When Phil worked in Internal Affairs, she tried to pin a brutality charge on Ty. Now he's her lieutenant, and they're working undercover at a strip club to find the kidnapper of three young women, one an undercover cop-just like Phil. Ty's playing the club manager and she's a cocktail waitress, using the pseudonym Kat. In her stilettos and not much else, she becomes Kat-seductive, teasing, all woman. With his raw masculinity, Ty is a match for her in every way possible. But these two come with their own built-in emotional armor and aren't giving each other-or themselves-an easy time. And then there's the kidnapper who seems to know more than the average criminal. He targets Phil as his next victim. He's done it three times before with no problem. Will he do it again?

If you like romance with a strong hero and equally strong heroine, this is the book for you.

If you like hot cops with a hero who makes you sigh and a heroine who has you cheering, this is the book for you.

If you like romantic suspense with tension that thickens with every page, this is the books for you.

GGGB is the first of Karin Tabke's series of hot cop books. I'm already eager to read the next one.
VINE VOICEon September 10, 2006
Police officer Philamina "Phil" Zorn met then Sgt. Ty Jamerson three years ago when she was working in Internal Affairs, investigating a brutality charge against Ty. Now a Lieutenant, Ty is investigating a string of kidnappings, all happening at Klub Kashmir, a high-end strip club, where Ty is working undercover as floor manager. Phil, with her killer body, is set up as a cocktail waitress, complete with a sexy, skimpy "uniform." It isn't long before Phil and Ty become intimate, and they soon find it increasingly difficult to maintain cool heads, given the erotic surroundings of their undercover operation.

Phil is very inhibited due to a strict upbringing under the thumb of a preacher/police officer father, and an unpleasant sexual experience in her teens. While Phil wants to nab the kidnapper and find the missing women, she also wants to find out the facts behind her father's alleged suicide, facts that Ty alone can tell her. The problem is that Ty isn't a man of many words, preferring to let his actions do the talking, especially when he's attempting to help Phil lose some of those pesky inhibitions.

Phil and Ty literally smoke on the pages. The story behind their history is heavy and deep; there is no fluff to be found in this book. Ms. Tabke offers interesting glimpses of the sometimes desperate, often dark, world of erotic dancing, and an eye-opening look at the questionable goings-on behind the police force. I enjoyed this book not just for its eroticism, but for the powerful storytelling. It is obvious that details were well thought-out and researched. Kudos to Karin Tabke!
COURTESY LAURIE/ROMANCE JUNKIES
on June 8, 2007
I find it hard to believe this is Ms Tabke's first published novel-length story. It's sophisticated, riveting and oh-so-erotic though it's a romance, not erotica. I've waited so long for a contemporary erotic suspense such as this - ie, no vampires, werewolves, psychics or aliens. Just plain, pure contemporary romantic suspense.

What makes Good Girl Gone Bad different from the usual romantic suspense fare is that it has a satisfying dose of scorching hot sex scenes - something the mainstream romantic suspense lack - yet it's so well-balanced and fits into the plot. Being a guzzler of erotic romances these days, I am, however, not a paranormal fan and most of the erotic romances that have suspense and action are paranormals. When I chanced on Good Girl Gone Bad, I took the leap and bought the tradeback (too expensive to be my regular purchase format) and I am just blown away by this book!

As soon as I finished reading the excerpt to Karin's next book, Skin, I had to place an order but, thankfully, checked my TBR pile and to my delight, there it was in the pile! Now I can't wait to start on Reece's story and if you read GGGB, you'll be buying Skin, too!

The romance between Tyler and Phil is believable and I found myself aching to see Tyler finally give in enough to let their romance develop instead of insisting it was only sex. While GGGB gave me my pre-requisite HEA, it's not your typical romance HEA. It's a HFN - Happy For Now. While I did miss my formulaic romance HEA, it is a happy end to a wonderful story and there is absolutely no doubt in the reader's mind that Tyler is deeply in love with Phil.

Still, I'm hoping that the second book, Skin, which features Tyler's yummy colleague, Reece, will have Tyler and Phil making appearances and I might even have Tyler finally saying those Three Little Words to Phil that he refuses to say to her in GGGB.
on November 18, 2013
Posted At: Riverina Romantics
My Rating: 4 out of 5 *
Hotness Rating: 4 out of 5 *

Gee. Golly. Gosh. This is one hot book! I knew from the cover what was involved, but hoo boy! I’m not sure what was hotter, the leading man, or the things he did. Hell, let’s just go with both.

So Ty is a cop that has been repeatedly investigated for unprofessional and un-cop-like behavior. He has that whole “living-on-the-fine-line” thing down pat. He’s deep undercover at a strip club trying to locate the person responsible for 3 strippers gone missing to human trafficking, plus one of their own. The only problem is he needs an experienced female cop to go undercover as a worker at the club since his other one fell victim to their criminal. Enter Philomena. She was one of the many IA officers who investigated Ty, but that was 3 years ago. Now, she’s been assigned to Ty’s case as his new undercover officer for the club. Do they clash? But of course!

From the beginning, the tension between Phil and Ty was palpable. They spent a handful of it arguing and trying to show each other up, yelling at each other about the past. But their attraction is scorching!

Ty is nothing short of sex on legs. His confidence in his job and his ability to perform sexually is evident. He is the king of his castle and then some. He spent the majority of the book fighting his attraction to Phil, but failing miserably. I really liked the struggle he went through to discover his true feelings about her. It felt as though it were very real. I found myself really pulling for him and praying that he would make the right decisions. That man didn’t let me down!

Philomena was a great leading lady. In the beginning, she was very prim and proper because of her upbringing. She balked at what she was expected to do undercover, but she took to it like a pro, and a hidden bad girl emerged and flourished. She drove Ty absolutely insane with lust with her server outfit…and then some. I loved that she became such a strong person, being thrown into a position that forced her to become nothing short of a prostitute, and still keeping her dignity and professionalism with the rest of the team (-giggle-), was very commendable. Especially when Ty kept comparing her to his mother, who was a whore, for there really isn’t a better word to use. Granted, he never came out and called her that, but Phil was smart and picked up on what he was thinking. I was kind of miffed about that aspect, I don’t enjoy reading anything where the woman is called names like that, but I admit it was don’t in a way that wasn’t completely offensive. Ty had a nasty childhood and a twisted way of thinking of women, and Phil came along and changed that. It ended up really working for the story.

Did I mention this story was hot? Like scorch your mouth, burn your hands, blow up the world hot? I don’t know how many times I found myself needing to be fanned. It was sultry and sexy and just flat out drool-worthy. I loved the interaction between Ty and Phil. When they lit up the pages, they really connected and cared for each other in a way that captured me and made me absolutely love them. Yes, even Ty and his demented views.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book. If you can get past the fact that Ty is a little bit of an ass with his comparisons to his mother, this is a scorching hot read! I can’t wait to get the next one!
on October 27, 2006
I thought this book was the best book I have read in a long long time. I too read the excerpt in Cosmo and knew I had to read it. I live out in the "country" and the nearest book store is 45 minutes away, and I didn't want to wait for the mail, so I made the drive to get this book. Well worth the money for gas. I read this book in a couple hours, I couldn't put it down. I so can't wait for the next one. Now if only I could get my husband to read this. I would suggest anyone thinking about reading this. BUY the book. I am going to read it again.
on October 21, 2006
I actually first read an exert in Cosmo and I knew that I had to go to Borders immediatly. I started reading this book at 7:30pm and couldn't sleep until I was done (2:00 am).

The sirst time that Phil and Ty had sex, up against the wall, was so unbeleivably erotic that I had to put it down for a moment a get something to drink.

If any one reads this then you are thinking of getting the book, I thoroughly suggest that you run out and get it or order it now next day, because this book is great.
on April 11, 2015
Haven't read all of it yet - was reading it on my tablet and then had a notice that it was no longer free to read. Don't know why that was but wish I would have been warned ahead of time. That is why I ordered it. Want to finish reading it.
on September 3, 2006
They met three years ago when Lansdowne Internal Affairs police officer Philamina Zorn investigated a brutality charge against undercover Sergeant Ty Jamerson, who at best straddled the line between rights and justice. Now a lieutenant, Ty's latest assignment is to get inside Klub Kashmir where a kidnapper of three young women (two dancers and twenty-two years old police officer Marten) remains comfortable beyond the law as no evidence even enough for a probable cause search warrant exists. Knowing he needs a woman with him, Ty, undercover as the floor manager of Klub Kashmir, is stunned when they stick him with Phil, a prim, proper and there isn't a regulatory procedure she doesn't love person.

To his shock and perhaps more hers, Phil changes into the sexy teasing wardrobe of a cocktail waitress. She performs to perfection while turning on Ty who keeps reminding himself to think with the upper head before he loses more than just his wad. For failing to keep his head in the hunt means a deadly felon with ties to the Riders rogue cops will abduct more women like Phil and kill adversaries like Ty.

This is an exciting erotic police procedural romance that star "enemy combatants" struggling with desire and a difficult case. The action-packed story line grips the auricle once pedantic Phil is assigned to work with tetchy Ty and never slows down until the final heated altercation. Karin Tabke provides a strong undercover under the cover romantic suspense that lays bare the psyche of the lead duet even more than their SKIN.

Harriet Klausner
on April 3, 2015
it was ok. i got real frustrated at the flow of the book and i figured out the bad guy early on. I am not sure how to explain it but the flow of the book just wasnt smooth but it was ok. i ead it for free on XoXO website so i am glad i did not pay money.