Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2006 5:31:05 AM PDT
I found this book to be extremely popular among innovation-friendly church leaders who apply the ideas of the book in interesting ways.

For example, the recent book 'A Mosaic of Believers: Diversity and Innovation in a Multiethnic Church' provides an in-depth look at a very innovative church in Los Angeles. I found that the leadership of the church had taken time to read "Good to Great" carefully when it first came out. This new book shows how a progressive church transitioned over time. Orthodox christian beliefs are re-framed, artistry and creativity are actively incorporated, change is embraced, younger generations are empowered, and various ethnic groups are brought together.

Are you aware of other religous uses of this book? Is there a danger in using business books in the church? And do you know of other books that have been significant for inspiring creativity among church leaders?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2007 12:40:56 PM PST
Good Man says:
I stumbled on to this book as I was reading the Amazon description of "Breaking the Missional Code: Your Church Can Become a Missionary in Your Community." I believe applying sound business management principles to Church administration is a good idea; that is, if we do not miss the point and forget that the Church exists to nurture our relationship with God and other people. If the application of these principles damage our relationships, then it is not worth it, but that being said, I do believe that if the leadership really is humble in the application of these principles, effective Church administration is obviously helpful in enabling Christians to meet their greatest goals: To love God and to love others.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Good to Great CD: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't
Good to Great CD: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't by Jim Collins (Audio CD - June 14, 2005)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,505)