Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Good Housekeeping Step by Step Cookbook: More Than...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save over 90% off the $29.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Good Housekeeping Step by Step Cookbook: More Than 1,000 Recipes * 1,800 Photographs * 500 Techniques Hardcover – October 7, 2008
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
- Tips, explanations, and pictures for each technique and food type so you can learn *how* to cook.
- Delicious food that covers the range of American cooking and popular ethnic cuisine.
- Recipes require few ingredients, with nothing unnecessary or unusual. The ingredients are things you can easily get. Seasonings are things that you will use again and will help build your pantry- nothing random you will only use once. These are my pet peeves of other cookbooks- haven't found another that doesn't have at least one of these issues.
- Few and simple steps. No crazy gourmet tricks that you as a beginner or normal person just trying to make dinner don't need and will just make cooking a long chore.
- Cooking times are listed, and there are lots of things in the 30 minute range.
- Lots of photos, fun to flip through and get ideas.
- Kind of healthy and light, but not insisting upon it. Lots of veggies, no excessive oils, etc. Nutrition info is listed, surprisingly low calorie.
- Taste level: it lands somewhere between Martha Stewart and Rachel Ray- it's neither fancy nor tacky. It's kind of the Target of cookbooks- everyone from middle America to cities would like it, accessible and egalitarian, but still kind of chic. And affordable in that you won't go broke buying random stuff you'll only use for one recipe.
- If there is one cookbook everyone in America should own, this is it. Kids with a decent palette would eat probably everything in here, and there's a lot of stuff even picky kids would eat. Don't worry, though, this isn't cheesy or dumbed-down.Read more ›
Anything that allows me and my daughter to read, comprehend, and execute as fine a meal as we did is just Superb!
There is no other book needed for the new cook. This has all the information, hundreds of photographs with step by step directions. Any new cook would be happy with this purchase. It's a staple of the cook's library.
The recipe on the Anise Wafers was the easiest and best presentation that I've ever seen. This is all from scratch and so you know it's healthy without MSG and other preservatives.
Definitely a wedding gift.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought whatever edition back in 1985. Still use it though it's held together by duck tape now. I have no bad experiences with these recipes. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
excellent general cookbook with illustrations and steps to follow.Published 3 months ago by Robert Jay
I truly enjoyed this book. I do love to cook and do so daily. The photos are wonderful . I do like a cookbook loaded with pictures .Published 3 months ago by Lynda Doyle
If you could only have a handful of cookbooks in your kitchen, this should be one of them. I gave each of my children one when they set up household and they have used them for... Read morePublished 12 months ago by M. L. Robbins
Saw this in a model home and fell in love with the page on crimping pie crusts. The rest of the book hasn't disappointed.Published 13 months ago by Michelle E. Shephard
Not really a cookbook for a beginner. Excellent illustrations but I had hoped for something a novice cook could use. I can hope it will help my daughter-in-law.Published 13 months ago by voodoo17
I am not much of a cook and this book does help. Very clear pictures and information.Published 15 months ago by JKH