5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Published on March 7, 2012 by Rachy9

3.0 out of 5 stars A devotional delight
Published on September 27, 2010 by Janice R. Blann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Good Morning, Lord: I Don't Know Where You're Going Today But I'm Going with You (Hardcover)
I have read lots of devos and had been praying for one that was short but packed with just what I needed for that day. I never though I would find it. I saw this sitting on a book table at a womens conference and every time I walked by the table I was drawn to this book. So, I bought it and I can't believe how perfect it is for me! It is new every morning, just what I needed for that day or whatever it is I was struggling with or rejoicing in on that day! I love it! It came at the perfect time in my relationship with God! I will admit though that somedays its more like good afternoon Lord or good evening Lord when I'm able to pick it up! :) I think you will really be blessed in your life and walk with our Lord if you get this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars A devotional delight, September 27, 2010
Having read several of Sheila Walsh's books, I was not disappointed by her cheery perspective on women's morning devotional books. Speaking to issues I have had, am having, and potentially will face each day, she redirects my thoughts to the One who began the morning for me. For example, page 72-73 focuses on God as my Deliverer: beginning with her story, space to list my specific fears from which I need deliverance, and then guiding me to a listing of the characteristics of my Deliverer (with more space to scribble, which I love), and finally a summary prayer based on the Scripture anchoring the final page. While I had hoped to make this a gift book, I am being drawn to it's use myself!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the [...] book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars not your average devo book!, September 13, 2011
Devotional books? Not (normally) my thing. Normally I find them a bit trite and simplistic. But when I saw this one was written by Sheila Walsh I decided to take a chance. And I'm glad I did! I knew from the subtitle that I was going to at least mildly enjoy this one ;-)

Sheila has such a refreshing voice, such a way of capturing insights. And at the same time, you can imagine yourself having a conversation with her over a strong cup of coffee. Nothing in this book is "out of reach", but it is theologically sound and Spirit-breathed.

There are the expected short (2-3 paragraph) excerpts and questions for each day...but somehow this one doesn't feel trite or too simple. It is focused and clear, and often spoke to just where I was.

I found myself reading pretty much the entire book in one sitting (perhaps THIS is why devotionals aren't my thing) but I've now tucked it in my laptop bag so that I can take it to work each day and read it as intended.

*disclaimer: I received this book free for review by the publisher through booksneeze.com. All opinions are my own; I was not required to give a positive review!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!, September 29, 2010
Good Morning, Lord: I Don't Know Where You're Going Today But I'm Going with You is a morning devotional by Sheila Walsh. I have been enjoying this morning devotional for over a week and I look forward to reading every morning. I thinks she has an amazing way of of getting you to get focussed on His power and presences in our lives.

I can see myself using this book for a long time. It does have a section for journaling however; I am leaving those spaces blank and instead writing in my regular journal. I do believe this book would be a great gift and I foresee myself giving this to a few dear friends of mine for Christmas.

This devotional is a great addition to my coffee & quiet time in the morning and I hope you find as much peace and enjoyment in reading it as I did!!

3.0 out of 5 stars SO Sweet!! I love it!!, March 20, 2012
I just got my copy in the mail yesterday....and im in love...i look forward to getting up and reading this book because i did have a lil prob getting up early enough to start my day with Jesus...but i thank God for this great tool that helps me reflect and the goodness of God in my day to day life journey..

5.0 out of 5 stars This book makes a great gift, March 18, 2014
I've included copies of this book for several friends as parts of gift bags. The cover itself is beautiful, so it is great for giving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Start to your Day, November 24, 2013
These devotionals are a great way to start your day. Each page has a devotional and gives you places to reflect on the questions it asks.

3.0 out of 5 stars no dates in a devotional :(, November 3, 2013
Great book but it's a shame that the kindle version differs from the real one.. I've read the lite App version for iphone and I prefer that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graduation Devotional, June 16, 2013
David (Alexandria) - See all my reviews
As a pastor I was hunting for more than just a book to give as a gift just for the reason of giving to our graduates. I happened to stumble upon this devotional book and it was everything I was looking for. It was both challenging and engaging, something that assisted in leading our people to a deeper relationship with our Lord!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Way To Begin Your Day, May 18, 2013
i Love beginning my day with God. When you put Him first in your life, he will direct you...all you have to d is listen.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›