5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful graphics with a fun story about a sleepy owl.
With a toddler who is obsessed with owls, I found this a perfect book to read with her at bedtime. Not only does she enjoy seeing the owl on each page but the predicament he is in delights her. She has learned the names and sounds of other birds/animals/insects too! A very nice ending makes this a perfect book for 18 mo. and up.
Published on May 24, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars maybe good for 4 year olds
a bit too complex to iterate over all those different names of birds, maybe good for 4 year olds, not good for 2 year olds
Published 5 months ago by Mr YANG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful graphics with a fun story about a sleepy owl., May 24, 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story!, September 4, 2004
Reader Mom (Los Angeles CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good-Night, Owl! (Paperback)
This is one of our favorite books. My 2 and 3 year old love the various birds and noises they make (great learning tool), the repetition makes it easy to remember. The story is lots of fun. The kids get a big kick out of the ending too! After a few reads, we can basically recite the book and often re-tell the story to ourselves while driving in the car. I would highly recommend this book for any family with little "owls".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bedtime Reading, August 22, 2003
J. Clark "Mom Of 3" (Parker, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Night, Owl! (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my 3-year old. We checked it out at the library and after reading it every night for a week she could recite the entire book. She didn't want to return it so I bought it for her. Pat Hutchins is a great childrens author. The pictures are well illustrated and colorful. Don't worry about owl, he gets the last hoot in the end. Happy reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Owl struggles to sleep through a noisy day in the tree., December 13, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Good Night, Owl! (Hardcover)
A family favorite read-aloud! As Owl tries to sleep, his tree fills with noisy daytime creatures. Bees buzz, a squirrel cracks nuts, doves coo, a woodpecker pecks. Young children love to repeat the sounds of the various noisy neighbors in the rhythmic words of the book. When darkness finally falls, Owl springs a surprise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bedtime Reading, August 23, 2003
J. Clark "Mom Of 3" (Parker, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Night, Owl! (Hardcover)
My little girl loves this book. After reading it to her everynight for a week she can recite the entire book. The book teaches the individual calls of different birds and other animals. Great illustrations and big text. This book is one of our favorites. Happy nighttime reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic children's book, August 19, 2011
Jonathan Boehman (Frederick, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good-Night, Owl! (Paperback)
My son loves this book. We got this after reading the copy I read as a boy over at Grandma's house. He loves hearing the different noises of the birds and animals, and has learned quite a bit from it as well. Of course the surprise at the end is worth it as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, interactive read!, November 2, 2006
This review is from: Good-Night, Owl! (Paperback)
My 3 year old loves this book. She makes all the sounds and we both make the loud owl screeches at the end of the story that wakes everyone up! Good-Night Owl is a favorite in our house!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, July 29, 2007
This review is from: Good Night, Owl! (Hardcover)
My husband has had this book since his 3rd birthday in 1982. Now, he reads it to our little boy who loves it too. He just giggles away at the ending. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, December 18, 2006
This review is from: Good-Night, Owl! (Paperback)
My 2-year-old son loves this book! Beautiful book & lots of fun with all the animal noises. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-Night, Owl by Pat Hutchins, June 30, 2009
This review is from: Good-Night, Owl! (Paperback)
Good-night, Owl was my daughter's first favorite book. We started reading it when she was 15 months old. The nocturnal owl tries to sleep all during the day, but is continually awakened by noisy birds, animals and insects. When darkness falls and all is quiet, owl screeches and wakes everyone up. The format is perfect for child participation in all the noisy sounds. It is fun! The art, appealing and strong in design, invites attention to details. Each new illustration has an additional figure and a variation in Owl's expression.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Good-Night, Owl!
Good-Night, Owl! by Pat Hutchins (Paperback - April 30, 1990)
$7.99
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.