|Item Weight||14.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.3 x 6.6 x 2.9 inches|
|Item model number||900 381|
|Size||6 inches in diameter|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
The Good Nite Lite
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
We've tried a lot of different things, but the GoodNite Light seems to be the only thing that's worked. We got it last night, programmed it, plugged it in and explained to our daughter that she goes to sleep when the light is blue and can't get out of bed until it's yellow.
Last night, the light turned blue and we happily put her in her crib. She went right to sleep, about 45 minutes ahead of schedule. Then, at 6 AM, when we set it to wake, we heard her get out of her crib and come into our room.
Now, the standard kid rule applies (50% of the things you buy for your kids won't work, but you don't know which 50% until you but them), but I heartily recommend.
In response to some of the other reviews
- My 3.5 year old daughter likes the look of the sun and moon and so do I. We don't find it scary or off-putting in the least.
- Yes, you have to plug it in. It is very clear on the manufacturers website that you have to plug it in. Not sure why people are complaining about this if they read the product descriptions. The battery is used only to program the internal clock timer.
- If you are looking for a clock to set during nap time, this might not be the best option. I personally didn't want to have a clock for naptime (even though naptimes are a battle) because my daughter takes naps anywhere between 12-2. It's not consistent and I'd have to program it each day anyway.
- I do agree it isn't the easiest clock to set but I only had to set it once.
- There are 2 dimming settings available if one setting is too bright or dark.
- It IS expensive but all the other comparable clocks/night lights are within the same price range. Some of my friends just put a normal timer on their current nightlight or just used a regular clock and taught their child to wait for the first number to turn to a '7'. Yes, those would be more cost effective measures but I don't mind paying around $35 for a product that lets me consistently get 30 more minutes of sleep in the morning! :-)
My daughter was getting in the habit of waking up around 6:15-6:30 when normal wake up time is 7. We tried to have her quietly read books in bed but that only lasted a few days.Read more ›
The Lite itself is simple to set and I like that you can modify the sleep and awake times to whatever you'd like them to be. The moon stays on for the duration of the sleep time while the sun only stays lit for a few hours after the wake time. The light produced at night is just bright enough to see a child when checking on them, yet not so bright as to interfere with sleep. The only caveat to this is there is no plug cord; it has to be set up right at the outlet. I had to run a small extension cord from behind her dresser to above her dresser to make it work for us.
Our son still doesn't sleep in... he's awake at 530/545 but he plays in his bed until the sun comes up.
I recommend this to every parent.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this year's ago and have been using it on my now 5 year old ever since. Has always worked excellent!!! Read morePublished 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
The sun and moon are really pretty, but more importantly my 3 year old stays in bed until this sun comes up. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Shroffie
The lamp is a really great way to make your child aware of the tme to go to bed and time to wake up. My daughter loves it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Karolina
I love this product as it has really helped to get my 2 year old daughter to understand when she should be asleep and awake! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Andrew M Castle
Used this for years with my little one. Just purchased one for a friend.Published 2 months ago by J. H.
The idea of this light is awesome. I'm just not sure why the designer made the night light to be blue. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Todd A Grdina
Works well for what its intended use. Toddler watches for light to change and then knows it's morning time.Published 2 months ago by LucyH
I was hesitant to buy such an expensive night light, but this thing seriously is life changing. My daughter is 3 1/2, and likes to pop out of bed at 6 am. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amanda H.
We have had The Good Nite Lite for three and a half years, and it is still going strong and allowing us all to get more sleep! Read morePublished 3 months ago by JP