4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!
Published on March 1, 2010 by Kate

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconvenient
The light is a great idea but it won't work with just batteries. It comes with a stand but you can't use the stand cause it needs to be plugged in
Published 19 months ago by Nick

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, March 1, 2010
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
My 2.5 year old was getting up around 5:15am every morning and it was getting really old. Heard about this night light and it has really worked! It took about a week for her to totally get it but now she does. I tell her every night before bed that she shouldn't come out of her room until the sun light turns on and for the first few mornings, she would come out early and I would walk her back to her bed and remind her not to come out until she saw the sun come on. She did it with very little fussing and now, even if she wakes up before it comes on, she waits in her room until it does. Many mornings, she'll say, "Sunlight on!!" and will give it a kiss before she leaves her room. She loves it. Only complaints - the timers are kind of a pain to set and it's a bit over-priced. Still have no regrets, though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy smokes, it works!, December 16, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
Let me preface this review by explaining that our daughter has beaten Drs. Weissbluth and Ferber. She simply does not go to sleep until she's good and ready. And then she wakes up ridiculously early. Like 4:30 AM early.

We've tried a lot of different things, but the GoodNite Light seems to be the only thing that's worked. We got it last night, programmed it, plugged it in and explained to our daughter that she goes to sleep when the light is blue and can't get out of bed until it's yellow.

Last night, the light turned blue and we happily put her in her crib. She went right to sleep, about 45 minutes ahead of schedule. Then, at 6 AM, when we set it to wake, we heard her get out of her crib and come into our room.

Incredible.

Now, the standard kid rule applies (50% of the things you buy for your kids won't work, but you don't know which 50% until you but them), but I heartily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best option among all the "get your child to sleep later" clocks/nightlights, December 5, 2011
clrdogrl (Seacoast, NH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
I researched all the different types of clocks and night lights before deciding to purchase this one. This is by far the best choice. And it's also the most visually appealing in comparison to some of those tacky looking toddler clocks.

In response to some of the other reviews
- My 3.5 year old daughter likes the look of the sun and moon and so do I. We don't find it scary or off-putting in the least.
- Yes, you have to plug it in. It is very clear on the manufacturers website that you have to plug it in. Not sure why people are complaining about this if they read the product descriptions. The battery is used only to program the internal clock timer.
- If you are looking for a clock to set during nap time, this might not be the best option. I personally didn't want to have a clock for naptime (even though naptimes are a battle) because my daughter takes naps anywhere between 12-2. It's not consistent and I'd have to program it each day anyway.
- I do agree it isn't the easiest clock to set but I only had to set it once.
- There are 2 dimming settings available if one setting is too bright or dark.
- It IS expensive but all the other comparable clocks/night lights are within the same price range. Some of my friends just put a normal timer on their current nightlight or just used a regular clock and taught their child to wait for the first number to turn to a '7'. Yes, those would be more cost effective measures but I don't mind paying around $35 for a product that lets me consistently get 30 more minutes of sleep in the morning! :-)

My daughter was getting in the habit of waking up around 6:15-6:30 when normal wake up time is 7. We tried to have her quietly read books in bed but that only lasted a few days. She would point out the window and tell us it was light outside. We tried telling her even though the sun comes out, it doesn't mean it's time for everyone to wake up yet. This has been a godsend. This clearly tells her when it is time for her to get out of bed.

No regrets with this purchase! Love it!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Nightime Helper!, July 16, 2010
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
I bought this light for my daughter who was having terrible sleep issues. She had multiple night wakings as well as waking up at 5am and she just didn't seem to understand when she was supposed to be asleep. The Good Nite Lite initially taught her what she was to do when the Lite was either blue or orange/yellow. At first, she still woke up during the night which we later discovered was due to her intolerance to artificial food dyes. Now, the clock has become essential in her sleep. She knows that when she sees the blue moon, it is sleep time. When she sees the orange/yellow sun she knows it is time to get up. It's has really been helpful in teaching her this principal and i hope that it'll make time telling easier down the road.
The Lite itself is simple to set and I like that you can modify the sleep and awake times to whatever you'd like them to be. The moon stays on for the duration of the sleep time while the sun only stays lit for a few hours after the wake time. The light produced at night is just bright enough to see a child when checking on them, yet not so bright as to interfere with sleep. The only caveat to this is there is no plug cord; it has to be set up right at the outlet. I had to run a small extension cord from behind her dresser to above her dresser to make it work for us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconvenient, June 10, 2013
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite

4.0 out of 5 stars My kid now naps again! (User interface needs work), December 27, 2009
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
After 3 months of my 3 year old girl refusing to nap (and being ornery / difficult every evening from 6PM until bedtime as a result!), we bought this product. It was immensely helpful in restoring her naps -- and our sanity! But, it is not a replacement for consistent parenting -- it is only a tool in the arsenal.

The first couple of days of the new "nap" schedule involved her coming out many times, and me having to threaten to "lock the door" (really I just hold it shut from the outside for the 2 minutes that she cried and threw a tantrum). It made me sad, but I was committed to the nap. Within literally 3 or 4 days she learned to really look forward to the light coming on, and it was a fun part of the routine. Now, a month later, she gets up from lunch and says "I'm going to go take my nap now." She often doesn't fall asleep, and just waits out the light, but she still gets quiet time and rest. And, in 70% of the time she gets 1-2hour naps. Our lives are SO MUCH BETTER NOW!

The only reason I only gave it 4 stars is that it is a little bit confusing to program. I actually read the manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, amazing customer service!, January 3, 2015
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
We bought this for our 2.5 year old when he started waking up at 5 AM. This lite worked like a charm. We talked extensively about the sun and the moon and staying in bed until the sun comes up. Now when I say "The moon is up!" My son replies, "Time to take a nap!" I do wish the moon lite was a little dimmer, but it hasn't disrupted my son's sleep. I read on the website that if you don't want the moon to shine all night, set it to come on a minute before the sun. For example, set the moon for 6:59 AM and the sun for 7:00 AM. Thought that was a good trick worth mentioning.

After 6 months of having it, the lite quit shining. I contacted customer service on their website. Come to find out, they are local to us in Atlanta. Adam, the owner, quickly responded and offered to meet me to swap out the lite. Amazing. You don't come across that kind of customer service anymore and we were very appreciative.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product to all the sleepless parents of toddlers. And know that if there are issues, the Good Nite Lite team will make it happen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool!, November 17, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
My husband didn't think it would work...but it is working! Our 2 1/2 year old was getting up at the crack of dawn - earlier each day and now he stays in bed until 8:00 a.m. It helped that he is really into looking at the moon so having a moon in his room is exciting to him. It took one or two mornings for him to figure it out with me saying you can get up when the sunshine turns on. Occasionally we have a morning where he'll wake up early. I'll remind him that he needs to stay in bed until the sunshine comes on and he'll lay back down and say OK without a fuss. I can't believe it works. As soon as the sunshine turns on he starts saying Sunshine! Sunshine! because he knows he can get out of bed.

Great product!

A note on the ratings: The Amazon rating system refers to this as a toy. I do not consider this a toy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea ...but quality not good, July 24, 2014
Sarah Anderson (Centerport, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
This product is a great idea but the execution is cheap and made in China. I got it to turn on once and then it would not turn on again for me to set it, despite changing 2 different batteries and trying with extension cord. And yes I read the instructions about how to turn on and reset etc. It would flicker occasionally but was generally busted. I'm so frustrated because my son was very excited about it. Going back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke 2nd night. No response from manufacturer., January 10, 2013
This review is from: The Good Nite Lite
The night light worked for two nights and broke. Waited 2 weeks for response from manufacturer and heard nothing. Phone number prompted you to use online form. Filled it out twice. Called twice and left messages. Never heard back. Had to return to amazon for refund, but none left in stock. Major disappointment, as our son wakes at 5 am. If you buy one, hope it doesn't break!

The Good Nite Lite