Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

87%
13%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 11, 2002
I happened to catch this band live at the HMV record store in NYC and was hugely impressed. But then I bought this debut cd and I was just blown away. I was immediately struck by the manner in which every song seemed so fresh, so mysterious and like nothing I've ever heard before, yet at the same time it was clear that this music seemed to literally be distilled from the very purest roots of American music, blues, country, and eveything else it inspired. The instrumentation and muscianship are superb (acoustic & electric guitar, mandolin, cello, accordian, harmonica and percussion), and the lyrics are nothing short of amazing. The songs are superby crafted, intelligent, and captivating. The aura and mysique surrounding this band is also very mysterious, hailing from the legendary Sleepy Hollow, NY. Buy this CD, set an hour of time aside to listen, and you will immediaely be transported to Slambovia -- a place you have never been before, but will not want to leave. I haven't taken it out of the cd player since I purchased it!
on July 27, 2000
wow. i saw Joziah and Sharkey in the Hudson Valley and was immediately won over by their musicianship and vision. i was not prepared for the concept album that I purchased here just days ago and which been on almost continuously since it arrived. this band is doing important things lyrically and musically but they are so unpretentious that you might not see just how much what they do matters. i'm more excited about this debut than a hundred Dave Matthews releases.there's grand doings here. do not miss. buy at once for the good of your soul.
on June 9, 2005
This group is fantastic live and you haven't really heard the power of these songs unless in that venue. There is great, and sincere, creativey here; authentic musicianship and real song-writing craftmanship. They continue to just get better (hint: Flapjacks From The Sky).

They are literally my favorite band bar none currently recording in the world. Most definitely worth a listen or two to the uninitiated...you will join the Circus!
on January 31, 2006
I heard Talkin to the Budah on Radio Cosmo and immediately downloaded (legally) a half dozen of their songs. Some of the best music I've heard in recent years. To become popular this band needs to change it's name to Circus of Dreams or something like that - word of mouth is difficult when no one can remember the name of the group at the office cooler. Just a suggestion guys!
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2009
I've heard of these guys any number of times, but I finally got around to giving them a good listen. Wow. Makes me think of Dylan with a bar band. Ok, the writing is not so iconic, but this is really good stuff. I love it in the car; I even listen to it in the office. Makes me remember that I used to be a whole lot less conventional. Discovering good music is always a little rebirth.
on September 6, 2015
The first album had by Gandalf Murphy. Alice in Space sold me! The songs are great, the live performances are fun. All around great band, and also very nice people.
on February 9, 2013
Reminds me of mid seventies Beau Brummels, but none the less a fine offering of lyrics and melodies. Creative efforts have to be noted.
on December 19, 2014
Just a touch off of "Flapjacks From the Sky" as the best of their work.