5.0 out of 5 stars good egg
We bought these to use as "example" eggs in our chicken coop nesting boxes. While I can't guarantee it was the eggs that did it, our chickens were soon laying in the right place and not on the floor of the coop. My five year old has found endless games to use the rest of our half dozen wooden eggs, and they fit nicely with the wooden toys and blocks.
Published on September 24, 2009 by Mom of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars cute for daughters play kitchen
I got this for my daughter to go along w/her play kitchen. have not given it to her yet but looks cute and durable (other than the carton)
Published on September 12, 2009 by C. Ley

5.0 out of 5 stars good egg, September 24, 2009
Mom of 3 (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Wood Eggs, Six in a Recyclable Carton (childs play food) (Baby Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Enjoyable Toy, April 13, 2010
It is amazing how much my toddler plays with such a simple toy. He loves to pretend to cook his eggs, carry them around and "feed" them to us. They are very nice quality - smooth, and lovely like only wood can be. I'm considering buying a second set because a couple of them seem to have rolled away, never to be seen again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy! awesome quality!, November 24, 2007
Kalohabreeze "Elizabeth" (Cullman, AL United States) - See all my reviews
These were way bigger than I thought they would be and made very well! I love this seller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Wood Eggs, Six in a Recyclable Carton, January 19, 2014
We purchased these wooden play eggs for our almost 3 year old daughter to go with a wooden toy mixer. She plays with these every day and loves counting them, tapping them gently on the edge of the bowl before pretending to break them open into the mixer bowl. We love this simple, well made toy. We try to purchase toys that develop a child's imaginative play without the use of electronics / sounds. Our toddler loves to pretend to cook eggs, carry them around and take them in and out of the carton. They are very nice quality and lightweight. They feel to be similar size and weight to real eggs. The only worry I have is that the carton will get flimsy over time. (Which could easily be replaced with a sanitized, clean, real egg carton cut to size.

These are smooth well sanded eggs with no sharp edged pieces and no harmful painted surface that could peel or chip off. I like that they are wood and not plastic as often plastic items give off fumes. I like that this is a USA company and well trusted source. They are also large enough that we don't have to worry about choking hazards. As stated in the description (I myself have not measured) each egg is 2.5" long and 1.75" diameter. Good Eggs is a set of six (6) wood eggs in a recyclable egg container. The company is Camden Rose. We purchased these and may purchase another set as well in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for tricking a broody hen, January 13, 2014
These are the perfect size and heft for tricking a hen into thinking she's sitting on real eggs.They are such a good deal that I ordered another carton of them and will probably keep ordering more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality, May 15, 2013
Great quality I wanted these to paint to look like a real chicken egg a golden egg. Happy with the egg size but the top and bottom are same shape not bigger at one end like a true shaped hens egg. Nice weighted eggs.

5.0 out of 5 stars love them., January 12, 2013
i did not realize they were wood eggs. I am glad I got them because the plastic ones i got in the past the chickens eat. The chickens dont seam to know what to do. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable fun, November 27, 2011
I love that these are the same size and heft of real eggs. When the carton gets ripped, you can always use another real egg carton. They are one of the most used items in my son's kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for play kitchens, January 30, 2010
I purchased these wooden eggs for my three year old granddaughter as a Christmas gift to use in her play kitchen. She loves them. Since they are wooden, there is no chance of breakage that would end up in dangerous small or sharp edged pieces. They are also large enough that we don't have to worry about her one year old brother putting them in his mouth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but the carton is worthless, October 27, 2009
I liked the idea of wooden eggs ... just can't STAND that fake-looking plastic food. The eggs are great, a pretty natural color. But the carton is more flimsy than the ones you get in the grocery store for real eggs. I suppose that's because it's made of recycled material? Either way, I ended up making a new carton with the stiffer cardboard one from the grocery store. It's held up much better. If you buy this toy, just know that you will be making a new carton from your own eggs.

Rate and Discover Movies