Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2010 6:57:00 PM PDT
B. Luyster says:
Can anyone recommend a camera for an amateur (VERY AMATEUR) photographer?

Posted on May 15, 2010 7:19:56 PM PDT
Tom Martin says:
Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)

Posted on May 24, 2010 8:03:45 PM PDT
A $690 camera for a very amateur photographer? Are you crazy?
Check out this page for a range of recommended cameras and pick the one that fits your budget/ambitions: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm
And consider an important fact: it is not how good your camera is, but how good the pictures you take with it are.
A bit ago, I showed my camera crazy coworkers (they had bigger setups than the one above) some of the photos I'd taken and their response was "Wow! You took that with a point-n-shoot?!" :)

Posted on May 25, 2010 4:49:46 PM PDT
Tom Martin says:
Since this was posted under 'Understanding Photography Field Guide' I assumed that very amature meant already have point and shoot looking to make the step to the next level.

Posted on May 26, 2010 5:10:03 PM PDT
You do have a point but part of the book's title is "... with any camera"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 15, 2010
Latest post:  May 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Bryan Peterson's Understanding Photography Field Guide: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera
Bryan Peterson's Understanding Photography Field Guide: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera by Bryan Peterson (Paperback - August 18, 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (148)