Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Your Garage Summer Reading

Price:$1.99

on July 31, 2013
I am so delighted that Mercedes & the others are finally getting out front to sing. While Rachel has a great voice, I grew weary of her always having the front & center. This mixes things up and makes the show much more interesting. (Personally, I think Mercedes has the best vocals-I could never understand why she was just a note here or there) Great job allowing the others to share the spotlight!
on January 31, 2016
Seasons 1 & 3 are my personal favorites with Season 2 being a close third. I hate to be a critic, but it's all down hill after Season 3. The initial and primary story lines, of a group of kids from diverse social strata, and most of them being outcasts and misfits, overcoming their differences to become not just a team but a family, is wonderfully engaging but contains an internal flaw - once the story passes that point, and they win Nationals where does it go from there? Adding new cast members and new "villans" helps extend the run, but once the main original characters graduate the tie to the founding theme of the show is severed. Glee-addicts were happier following the cast to New York than to have the show end, but all it Season Six could hope to achieve was a swan song, with failure proving you can go home again. All of the Seasons are worth watching, or loving, but I think it would be hard for anyone to build a case for any season topping 1 & 3. Enjoy, and Gleek-out!
on October 19, 2011
I think that this season shows a lot of promise. I really enjoyed the last three episodes and can't wait for the season to resume on November 1!!!! Although I must say that I didn't find season 2 as disappointing as some people did, so I'm not as critical on Glee as those who did.
on May 21, 2015
I loved the first season, but eventually some things started to wear on me:

1) Glee club gets no respect. As good as these people are, it's just not plausible that their fellow students don't value their talents.
2) Sue never changes. There have been a few moments where Sue becomes a real person, but then she resets. Again, not plausible.
3) Endless talk of social status. Sure, teens care about that to some degree, but they rarely talk about it so directly. I'm embarrassed for them.

So, a few episodes into Season 3, I think I'm done.
on August 6, 2013
I have been watching Glee off and on with Amazon Prime. Maybe I am too old for this, but it seems like Glee is "Fame" on Disney-acid Kool-Aid. It always "works out". The Evil Queen is pregnant with a Downs child, everyone is in love and working through it. A teenage pregnancy was cause for celebration, especially since Rachel's birth mom adopted Quinn's child. A jock is outed, tries to kill himself, and doesn't succeed. Quinn gets smacked by a truck, and we get a lesson about don't text and drive. The much touted "transgender" episode worked out like Snow White's kiss. Is this really high school? Or Fantasyland, and we all get to spend our nights in Sleeping Beauty's castle? My high school experience was positive enough. We knew who was gay and who was a slut, who had an abortion and who hadn't reached puberty. But no one was "out", for any of it. It was the era of Camelot and all the Young Democrats wanted to be John and Jackie, and the YRs wanted Goldwater. A popular drama student was killed in a car accident, the school mourned, we dedicated the yearbook in the usual sappy fashion, and we all went on to college, jail, the Army (Good Morning, Viet Nam!) or Broadway (maybe a few), and the rest lead the usual lives of quiet desperation. I like Glee. The music is unfamiliar many times, but the dancing is really entertaining (I went to the same school as Tommy Tune, a bit later). But the plots are not ground-breaking. I am not freaked by boy/boy or girl/girl kisses. Transgender does not horrify me. I have always had gay friends, many adults who were family friends as well. I have seen and experienced the struggles for equality for blacks, women, gays, fat people, and I see them going on still, with new groups emerging with tales of oppression, suppression, bullying, harassment. Glee would have us believe that Life Is Good, We Love You Even if You Are Different (but we still notice), You Can Make It, MTM!
Glee is entertaining escapism, but it is no reflection of the real world. It represents a relief from idiot sitcoms and violent, foul-talking dramas. Just don't get your hopes up that everyone can live that life. Even Cory Monteith (Finn) found life too hard, as a star, and died of an overdose. If Glee is Life, why didn't Figgens or Sue haul him into the office and put him in rehab?
It's all fun until the auditorium lights come on, and the sets are struck and the makeup comes off.
Enjoy. Even adults like Disneyland, sometimes.
on March 12, 2015
A wonderful feel-good show that tackles a lot of significant issues: coming out and being gay in high school, teen suicide, racism, snobism, competition, bullying teen-age parenthood, etc. The singing is always enjoyable -- even joyous at times. The plots can become a little formulaic, but the characters always make it work.

Season 3 is also significant, knowing that Cory Monteith will become a statistic himself. Certain scenes with him in it, anticipating saying goodbye, become all the more touching and profoundly sad.

A notable television achievement.
on February 20, 2015
I didn't watch Glee when it started out on TV but I'ave been watching the seasons I can get for free with Amazon Prime and have watched one two and three and am almost through with four. It's so addictive. I love it. And it's so convenient to just watch it on my larger size Kindle. I am such a fan. There's a little more sexy stuff than I like, but there are funny parts, touching parts and so much great singing and dancing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
on March 10, 2015
This is the kinda show that can become sickeningly sweet if you watch episode after episode - which is what I did. I enjoy the show. The music is awesome. I'm a little uncomfortable at times at the "shenanigans" of high school kids - but I'm not living in a bubble. It can be a bit campy and cheesy but that is part of the premise (I believe). Over all - this is the kind of show that entertains and entertains well.
on October 24, 2015
All I can say MATT BOMER. I really liked this episode because you get a look at the relationship between the Darin Cress character and his brother played by Matt Bomer. A very strained but by the end a hopeful and touching resolution. Anything with Matt Bomer in it will be a hit.A man that sing and dance and look like his does only adds to this show.Smart move Ryan Murphy to have him guest star.
on February 28, 2015
I have been unsuccessful as I worked to get absorbed into this. My teenage daughter enjoys Glee but I find little common ground with the players or the plot. The music is pop culture as are the scenarios and while such entertainment may seem pleasing to some there is little real substance here. This is pretty shallow stuff when you boil it down. Shallow entertainment is OK at times but one should expect more from mainstream efforts. And as I imagine the criticism this review may attract I sit and wonder.