Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on July 25, 2000
This is one of my favorite videos belonging to my kids (ages 4 and 2). I was more than happy to sit and watch this video with them every time they've wanted to watch it dropping whatever it is I was doing at the time! The kids in the video are so sweet, funny and insightful and the animation is creative and wonderful! It's a real treat to see Goodnight Moon come to life and the other selections (i.e. Tar Beach, Nightmare In My Closet) are perfect choices and new favorites. The star cast of Susan Sarandon, Billy Crystal, Lauryn Hill, etc. is an added bonus. I can't recommend this video enough. A definite bedtime -- or anytime treat!
on March 13, 2000
They should make more videos like this. Great narration and fantastic music make this a wonderful "wind-down" video for little ones. My daughter(2yrs.)loves seeing the familiar images from Goodnight Moon and the rest of the video is just as good. We never tire of this video and where did they find the beautiful children in the interviews? If you have a child, this is a great one to have. It also makes a great gift!
on May 3, 2001
With so much worthless drivel marketed towards children it's refreshing to find high quality material to add to your video collection. Thank you to producer/director Amy Schatz for putting together this compilation. What a joy it is to hear diverse music, classic children's literature and endearing tales of bedtime from a child's point of view all in one video. The animation is as artful as it is diverse. One caution, if you have a sensitive or highly imaginative toddler, the"Nightmare In My Closet" story may not be your best bet RIGHT before bedtime. It's only about three minutes long and we fast forward through it sometimes. I am teacher so I try to choose my video and print material carefully. This video will expose your child to quality literature and, thanks to the celebrity voices, will be highly entertaining to parents too. "Goodnight Moon..." will be my standard gift from now on.
on January 1, 2006
My girls love this DVD. I have put them to bed by reciting Goodnight Moon their entire lives and seeing it on the "big screen" was both exciting and comforting. The other stories are also wonderful and I am glad to have my children hear them. Susan Sarandon's voice is calming and melodic. It uses the original illustrations from the books (not animated) which are beautiful.

My only complaint is that it is a very New York movie with the children who are interviewed obviously New York centered. One child mentions Scarsdale which promted a lot of questions. I wish it had been more location neutral, actually I could have done without the children interviews at all, but the girls don't mind them. In fact, they laugh at the kids jokes and it has sparked very in depth conversations about topics (like death, poverty, and handicaps) that I probably would have avoided for a few more years.

I have found that this is a excellent DVD for the car. It is both calming and engaging. I don't mind listening to it. All in all it is really great.
on January 19, 2005
I had seen this on HBO awhile back and showed it to my then 8 month old daughter. It put her right to sleep every time. It is a great group of classics all on one video with an amazing group of singers and actors lending their voices. I recommend this movie for everyone - you can't go wrong with this one!
on May 3, 2000
For the first time ever there is a video that I want to actually watch with my children. Amy Schatz, the ARTIST that directed this work of art, must be recognized and awarded. I have never seen or heard anything so delicate and beautiful. From the animation to the stories that are retold in a new fashion, I RECOMMEND Goodnight Moon & Other Sleepytime Tales to everyone...young, old, male or female....This is a must buy!
on October 9, 2000
the celebrity cast is terrific. I enjoy watching it with my son and he is obsessed with it. Best video purchase i've made in a long time.I highly recommend it.
on August 4, 2004
My two year old girls LOVE this video. They call it the "dreams" video or the "sleepy" video. We watch very little tv in our house, but this is one that we do not mind our children watching. It is the sweetest, nicest video I have ever seen.

There is also a great collection of other books that are shown on the video - I like the multicultural selection of books.

I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is beautiful.
on July 25, 2013
My 2.5 year old gets hyperactive when he gets tired so I bought some videos which I hoped would be soothing and calming. This one fails. First there are interviews with real kids, then a story, then another section of kids talking, and so on throughout the DVD. Don't get me wrong, the kids are sweet as can be, but the topics are not what a child needs to listen to when you are trying to get them to sleep. Much of the kids discussions are about bad dreams and nightmares, deceased family members in your head and dreams, and a bunch of other stuff that the target age for this video are too young to deal with, particularly at bedtime. These topics are more suited to actual parent-child discussion based on individual circumstances. And why would I want discussions of nightmares right before getting a child ready to sleep? The last little story is quite soothing and you can imagine your little one's eyes closing. But then, more kids talking about real life issues in everyday voices. The intrusion of real kids between bedtime stories is just plain jarring. If your child begins to fall asleep, they will surely wake right up again each time these kids come on. The actual stories are decent but not great, therefore the detractions of these kid interviews are just plain irritating, and I will not be showing it to my little guy. I wish I had listened to the reviewers who talked about the distraction/inappropriateness of children discussing nightmares and monsters in a video of bedtime stories. Do yourself a favour and get the book and a different video.
on June 17, 2000
Wonderful,Wonderful,Wonderful!
Both children(3.5yr.old and 17 month old)love this movie. Full of enchanting music,peaceful narration,wonderful animation and simple stories. Even the youngest child will love it. The little boy at the end will leave you laughing with the delight.