Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Kids Halloween

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2011 12:41:34 PM PST
R. M. Swope says:
Has anyone else thought that this cover art looks incredibly weird. First of all the stance that Costner takes on the cover art is the same he had in the theatrical poster, except they put him holding a badge instead of a gun...? This makes no sense to me. Honestly, it just looks dumb now, not only that, but upon close inspection you can easily tell it's fake. His fingers don't look close to real, and he's only got four fingers... Where did #5 go?

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 5:44:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 12, 2011 5:44:58 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 5:46:59 PM PDT
Agreed. I too hate this cover art. It looks extra cheesy and absolutely aesthetically inadequate for a movie this good. I bought the blu-ray and kinda want to return it it looks so fugly. Oh well. At least The Untouchables still kicks balls.

PS - Kevin Costner's hand does look absurdly fake on the cover and I also noticed the missing fingers. Laaaaaaaame.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 8:05:58 AM PST
Agreed. I had completely forgotten about the original art, but it was still obvious to me that in that image he was supposed to be holding a gun instead of a badge. What is this, a PG Disney flick? It goes from being a somewhat epic image to something like the cover of a Naked Gun movie. What the hell?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Untouchables [VHS]
Untouchables [VHS] by Kevin Costner (VHS Tape - 1992)
4.4 out of 5 stars (468)