Published 17 months ago by Geraldine Ahearn

1.0 out of 5 stars Duplicates of recipes in other Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks
I am very disappointed in this cookbook. I have several other GP cookbooks and most of the recipes in this book, are in others I already own. I've noticed duplicates in other cookbooks as well. Gooseberry Patch, please stop doing this!
Published 15 months ago by M. Lawson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "SIMPLE, DELICIOUS HOME-STYLE RECIPES WITH HELPFUL TIPS, AND STUNNING PHOTOS!", April 25, 2013
This review is from: Gooseberry Patch Everyday Simple Suppers: 260 easy, satisfying recipes for every weeknight! (Paperback)
I have been collecting Gooseberry Patch cookbooks since 2007, some purchased, and some received as gifts. I have never been disappointed with their recipes, which is why I continue to add to my collection of cookbooks. For the cookbooks I own from this series, I found them to be not only inexpensive, but extremely useful. There are over 250 dinner recipes in this cookbook with several, colorful photos. The recipes include a variety of different tasty meals that are easy to prepare, not time-consuming, and are delicious, and healthy. I immediately had my mind set for the Parmesan Pork Chops to be our first choice, which is our preference for comfort food. The nutritious recipes offered in this cookbook are shared from one generation to another. In addition to a huge selection of dinner recipes to choose from, there are grocery lists to make life simple, and the helpful hints and tips come in very handy. My daughter contemplates the Speedy Pizza Bake for our next selection, which we are anxious to try. There are plenty of hearty recipes to plan a different dinner for 7 evenings that are on a friendly budget. As we try new recipes, we will give updates and there will be plenty to give. I am thrilled that this cookbook is not only value-priced, but indeed has a great deal to offer with 256 pages. A treasure trove for today's economy that will be put to good use in my kitchen. An Update on recipes we made: STUFFED ARTICHOKE, this recipe is served over Spaghetti. I've always loved Artichokes and this dish was a sensation! We made the VERMICELLI with SHRIMP last weekend and I will indeed be serving this again. Also, I made the WARM GERMAN POTATO SALAD, a big hit and delicious.The BEST FRIEND'S GREEK PASTA is one of my favorite, along with ANYTIME TORTELLINI. As we make New recipes, I will provide More Updates as well. This cookbook is amazing. I love it! A great gift idea for family and friends, who enjoy simple and mouth-watering recipes on a friendly budget. Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Duplicates of recipes in other Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks, May 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOSEBERRY Patch Everyday Simple Suppers 260 easy satisfying recipes for every weeknight, May 2, 2013
I just received my copy in the mail and tried a recipe last night. Delicious!! I have so many recipes marked to try, I'm not sure which is next!! All of the recipes in this cookbook are simple and easy and use "everyday ingredients". Love this cookbook and CANNOT wait to try other recipes. I've been collecting gooseberry patch cookbooks for awhile now and love all of them. I would recommend this and all other gooseberry patch cookbooks to all of my friends and family.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was excited but, October 22, 2013
I saw this book advertised on another outlet. I thought it was going to be much more than it was. Not a lot of receipes I will use. The one receipe I purchased the book for, turned out to be not so good. Very disappointed in the product

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good purchase, May 27, 2013
I love Simple Suppers. There are so many things that I can use for meals for just two people.
The book arrived much sooner than I expected. Really feel this was a very good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars This series is always good, September 2, 2013
P. Mau (Mesa, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I found several recipes to add to my folder. They are always well written --- and of course taste great

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this cookbook, July 6, 2014
Absolutely love this cookbook! The recipes are simple and so tasty! Love the pictures, I think every recipe book should have pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for familys or couples, April 20, 2014
Love the book. I first seen this addition at the library and made several of the recipes. I just had to have a copy for my own cookbook collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 22, 2014
Good book with great pictures of food. It's a must have for those on a tight timeline for making good meals for the family.

4.0 out of 5 stars A GIFT FOR MY DAUGHTER IN LAW, February 11, 2014
WITH 7 CHILDREN SIMPLE MEALS IS IMPORTANT. TIME IS VERY VALUABLE AND MEALS HAVE TO BE QUICK AND EASY. IT HELPS TO HAVE SOME YOU CAN PREPARE AND NOT WORRY.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›