5.0 out of 5 stars A COOL book for all ages to read!
Camp is supposed to be fun, or is it? Sarah hates it. The thought of getting in a lake that is gross and slimy make her sick thinking about. On top of it nobody wants to be her water buddy except Della, who may be be her buddy for life!
Published on November 9, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Just poorly done film, even for a children's movie
Just poorly done film, even for a children's movie. Better to read the books then watch the movies. Won't get another one of these movies.
Published 10 months ago by Nancy S

5.0 out of 5 stars A COOL book for all ages to read!, November 9, 1999
By A Customer
The reason I liked the book was because it was very suspensful and very creepy. The part I liked most about the book was Sarah's plan to act like she is drowning, but what she doesn't know is that her plan will back fire and that there is someone at the bottom of that lake with pale blue eyes and a see through body! It is a great book for all ages, and I would definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, June 24, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Goosebumps #56: The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Mass Market Paperback)
I think that The Curse of Camp Cold Lake is one of R.L. Stine's best books. It's about a girl named Sarah who goes to Camp Cold Lake. The problem is, she doesn't really like the water, and when she meets her roomates, she starts off on the wrong foot so they pretty much hate her. Sarah isn't having a good time so she comes up with a plan. She's going to pretend to drown. While in the lake, an awesome unexpected twist happens, and now she's being haunted by a ghost. The ending is amazing, and I simply loved the book. The whole time I was reading I kept wanting more and I couldn't stop! It is truly a great book and I think most kids will thoroughly enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, February 12, 1998
By A Customer
After reading a different Goosebump book {Give Yourself Goosebumps # 8 Curse of The Creeping Coffins} I didn't touch one Goosebump book. But then in a book club, I got Curse Of Camp Cold Lake, I never put it down! Actually, I'm reading it after I send this!

5.0 out of 5 stars My first goosebump that started my reading of the series, April 10, 2008
A Kid's Review
Unlike most kids, I didn't start reading the goosebump books at a young age. I had book-a-phobia! I was twelve when I first read this book and that's when I decided to read the series. It's a surprising and unpredictable book with great charectors. I love how Sarah is a little scared of camp, and I can relate. But my favorite character is Della, the ghost. I like the "ghost world" that Sarah temporarily goes to, and how the whole world was very interesting. The people, places, and situations were very cool! I couldn't put the book down! Read it in one night! (That's a record for me.)I couldn't find any flaws with this book and the awsome, suspenceful, scaryness of the ending. I don't want to spoil it for you, but i think you should read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and 'Campy' Goosebumps story, November 5, 2009
Synopsis: Sarah Maas is dreading being at Camp Cold Lake because her parents forced her to. Her younger brother Aaron seems to have the time of his life, by instantly making new friends and enjoying the activities the Camp has to offer. Sarah, on the other hand, makes the mistake of whining about the bugs and sleeping arrangements as soon as she arrives, and due to it, she doesn't make any friends at all, and becomes the butt of jokes.

Sarah feels that no matter what she does, everyone ends up hating her. Desperate to make friends, she comes up with a plan, where she pretends to drown in the lake so that people can feel sorry for her and befriend her. Even though her plan works, it also invites someone else who is desperate to be buddies with Sarah; a ghost named Della. Sarah is scared that Della wants to turn her into a ghost so that they can be friends forever. Can she get away from Della before it is too late?

Review: I thought this was fun book to read. The first half of the book is pretty slow because all it does is focus on how much Sarah hates Camp Cold Lake. The story really begins to take off when Sarah drowns in the lake and Della arrives. As in most other Goosebumps books, the ending has a twist that you never see coming, and I thought it added well to the story.

Some of the parts of the story were quite scary, like when Sarah actually sees Della with the other campers, or when Sarah goes water skiing and sees Della driving the motor boat. Overall, I thought this was a fun and `campy' Goosebumps book with a good plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, January 27, 2007
A Kid's Review
This book was so good. This book is probably one of the best goosebumps books I've ever read. This book is also really scary and it has a twisted ending to it. This book is about a girl named Sarah who goes to a summer camp, camp cold lake. She hates camp cold lake and her bunkmates aren't very nice to her either. One day Sarah decides to pretend that she's drowning so everyone will feel sorry for her and be nice to her.After she drowns something really scary happens to her.To find out you have to read this super awesome book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goosebumps: The Curse Of Camp Cold Lake, June 2, 2006
A Kid's Review
This book is about a girl named Sarah that goes to a camp with her brother Aaron. Sarah really hates the camp and doesn't really get along with her bunkmates. One time Sarah tries to worry everyone with pretending to drown. But the way she had planned it didnt work. Suddenly a ghost came and wants to be Sarah's buddy. Sarah tries to get rid of her but can't. So everyone thinks she is crazy. Later Sarah tries to escape and finds Della the ghost in the forest. And suddenly Sarah's bunkmate shows up and rescues her. One thing happend though the bunkmate was actually a ghost! And that's how the story ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Curse of Camp Cold Lake:, November 25, 2001
This has ALWAYS been one of my FAV Goosebump books!!!!:
Sarah is at Camp Cold Lake she hates it, her parents made her go. She hates swimming, she hates the lake, she hates outdoors, her bunk mates are total jerks,and her brother is having the time of his life. Sarah is so miserable she go's out the to the one day to pretend she'd drowning. The plan go's so well that she practiclly dies and as planned everyone feels sorry for her, but not without a downside as Dellah, a ghost is continually haunting and chasing her. Because Dellah needs a budy, everyone at camo cold lake needs a buddy!!!
Sarah is so miserable she wants to drag her brother with her to escape, he wont go he's having to much fun though... So Sarah makes the brake on her own!!!
One of the best Goodbump books!!!
Read the book to find out the rest!!!
God Bless ~Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Goosebumps: The Curse of Camp Cold Lake, May 4, 2013
The Curse of Camp Cold Lake was probably my favorite Goosebumps book, except The Werewolf of Fever Swamp. I thought that this book was well written and suspenseful. R.L. Stine never fails with any of the books he writes. I highly recommend this chilling Goosebumps book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular and thrilling!, April 10, 2013
A Kid's Review
You really can't put this awesome book down. The beginning, ending, and everything in the middle is filled with horror and suspense. I have been reading Goosebumps books ever since I was eight and have collected about seventy of the books, and this is one of the best ones!

Goosebumps #56: The Curse of Camp Cold Lake
Goosebumps #56: The Curse of Camp Cold Lake by R. L. Stine (Mass Market Paperback - June 1, 2005)
Used & New from: $0.01