on August 3, 2013
We bought this oven expecting nothing too good, based on the one review here on Amazon Thus bought it at the local Walmart for easy return, in case the review turned out to be right ...
BUT: We love it!
- The oven is one of the easiest to operate I have ever seen. I did not even need to check the slim manual (3 pages). I found out everything the thing can do in less than 5 minutes. Then checked with the manual (3 pages), and yep, that is it.
- Contrary to the other reviewer's statement, it is super easy to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit, just press the Temp button for three seconds. And: It is mentioned on page two on the three page manual.
- Very light but has a good, solid feel to it, nothing rattles
- Very silent! Barely audible fan noise, even after weeks of heavy operation.
- Heats up extremely quickly
- Very (and I have to stress this) easy operation, only 4 buttons (temp, time, stop and option: upper-, lower-, upper-and-lower heat, fan, freely mixable).
- Very convenient multifunction jog shuttle-like wheel with build in GO button to quickly set temperature and timer, or select one of the many heating presets. A single press on the jog shuttle and the oven starts. Similarly, you can stop the operation at any time pressing, guess, yes, stop, set new values, press the jog shuttle again, done.
- Additionally it sports several heating presets, for example for Reheating pizza, toasting bread, etc. Each represented with a matching icon, select via jog shuttle, press jog shuttle, done.
- Good, easy to read digital display, back-lit
- No clock(!) I hate having clocks in all my appliances. After each power failure I have to re-set them. This one has a timer as it should, no clock.
- Very roomy. It has kind of a "backpack", a pizza sized and shaped extension on the back of the device to fit ... big pizzas I guess, making it much more roomy that most other toaster ovens.
- Very easy to clean, no sharp edges
- Crumb tray very easy to remove and clean
- Very good door and handle, swivels completely out of the way. I have seen significantly higher priced ovens with useless doors
- Loud and clear tone for end of operation. Even in a noisy environment you will hear this.
- The rubber feet leave black smears on my counter. Easy to wash off, though a bit annoying. On the other hand they give the device a very good grip on the counter
on October 29, 2013
OK the bad, the controls on this device are not intuitive. In fact you have to press several options just to make toast. Once you get used to the controls however you can really customize your cooking options. The options cycle between top bottom or both for the broilers, and each mode can be combined with convention. You can also use the presets like toast but even with the preset you have to choose sub options. For example to toast 4 pieces to medium you select toaster from the from preset then 4 for 4 pieces and then 2 for medium. If you are looking for a toaster oven you can use out of the box without ever reading the manual then this is NOT the toaster oven for you. However, if you don't mind doing the leg work and learning the device this oven kicks out fantastic consistent results. As an added advantage it also did the job of tying our kitchen together because its both black and stainless steal it work well with our black appliance with our previous non matching stainless steel refrigerator.
on August 3, 2013
I don't get the review that say it's difficult to use...I find it totally intuitive .. It works great and it looks awesome ... if you're going to have a larger appliance on your counter, like a toaster oven, than it needs to look really good otherwise your whole kitchen looks cheap .. this has a richer look than far more expensive models and it totally blows away the black&decker junk ...
on May 27, 2013
This was purchased 5 months ago to replace one that was used daily for 4 or 5 years but unfortunately wore out. Our family of 4 (ages 14 to 65) finds this model way too complicated with too many buttons to push to just toast bread let alone to bake, broil or use any of the other functions listed in the instruction book. It's pretty clear that this was not made for the American market since you have to do a temperature conversion to change between "C" and "F" & then you're not able to actually set the temperature to an exact 350 or 375 etc. The instruction book has to be kept very close by and referred to constantly to be able to do the simplest functions. To be fair, it does reheat pizza pretty good ---