I've been a huge Gordon Ramsay fan for years. I love Hell's kitchen, Kitchen nightmares, and Master Chef. This being said I've not always liked him.

On this show/series I fell in love with him. His interactions with his family (children and mother) brought the tough, swearing, yelling Chef right into the center of my comfort zone.

He is still the...
Published on July 15, 2011 by Teh

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring
Published 21 months ago by NYC Gal

5.0 out of 5 stars Chef Ramsay with his family-A side rarely seen-beautiful and funny, July 15, 2011

He is still the passionate, intense, eccentric Chef we have all known and loved but here is the family side of him with GREAT recipes and tips to boot.

I love his passion and conviction with which he speaks about food and cooking. He is always portrayed in his programs as the criticizer but here he is actually cooking, sharing, and letting us as viewers glimpse a bit of his home life. He has a beautiful wife, 4 gorgeous children, and a loving mother...all of whom he loves very much. It is very evident in this show. I could watch it for hours.

I'm definetly going to try his turkey recipe next Thanksgiving and also the stuffing roulade and brussle sprouts looked yummy. I'll probably experiment with all of his recipes but the best I can say is I learned new tricks in the kitchen from a true Chef and got to see him with his family. Highly recommended viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chef you love to hate is a different guy at home!, January 29, 2012
I follow Chef Ramsay on TV but dislike his acrid comments and swearing on the show. This video of preparing special Christmas dinners at home for his family was a wonderful change and inspired me to try some of the recipes right away! It is a video that you will want to watch over and over. It is alot of fun and full of information and presented a warmer side of the Chef.
Try it..you will really like it. Only downside..trying to convert the ingrediants from european to American. I winged it.
Looking forward to more of these from him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas, February 19, 2014
ericaeducator (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas (Amazon Instant Video)
Like all things Ramsay - I loved this two-part Christmas special! Even if I never make any of the food that he presents (all of it looks delicious) there is just something so delectable about Ramsay himself, his charm, charisma, attention to detail, love of food, and the rest. This Christmas special also features his FAMILY -- so we finally get to see what the softer side of Ramsay looks like -- he's obviously an incredible father. All of the recipes are as delicious looking as the food he makes on all of his other television shows -- Christmas perfection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Try the turkey, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas (Amazon Instant Video)
My wife made the turkey Ramsay shows for Thanksgiving dinner. It was the best turkey I have ever had. I can't wait to try the other stuff too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video...great meal, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas (Amazon Instant Video)
We had a great Christmas dinner following this step by step video. Well done and will make it again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars Dishes so amazing, I was told "Best Thanksgiving of my life" by guests, November 21, 2013
I have made these recipes twice (the turkey, pork stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and truffles) I haven't mastered the truffles (they were more like fudge, but tasted divine). However, the other items were superb and heard at the table was "best Thanksgiving of my life." (I know this is a Christmas video, but I am watching it again now as I get ready for our Thanksgiving feast.)

Oh, and his scrambled eggs on toasted croissants are amazing as well. My children also enjoy watching this with me and helping in the kitchen.

Well worth the price of admission! It will ignite the fire to get you in the kitchen and create dishes with love …. not processed foods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great christmas video, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas (Amazon Instant Video)
Absolutely wonderful video. Looking forward to making these recipes this christmas. I watch it over and over and its gets me into the christmas spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was good., September 13, 2013
This review is from: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas (Amazon Instant Video)
It had great recipes and presentations to prepare for the holidays. I enjoyed seeing Gordon Ramsey in a home environment vs Hell's Kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasant and informative, September 2, 2011
THayes (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews
I thought this was an nice holiday cooking show. All about quality not quantity. Standard dishes modernized and made easy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas (Amazon Instant Video)
I actually dozed off watching this! I was a bit disappointed because unlike other cooking shows, he wasn't very good at giving instructions/directions about how to make something. For example, when I watch a show on the Food Network, like Rachael Ray, Sunny Anderson, Sandra Lee, Paula Deen, Ina Garten, Giada De Laurentiis, etc. those shows do an excellent job of walking you through the recipe step by step. I found that while Gordon Ramsay's other shows are very entertaining, what with him shouting and cursing out the staff in their kitchens, when it comes to directing an audience on how to cook a meal, he's very lacking. He seem to have been talking about other things instead of telling the viewer what he was doing. For example, while he was cooking up the ham, he was telling the audience stories. I wanted to know what he was doing to the ham!