Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on June 11, 2014
As a triathlete, I do my best to get a solid foundation of training in at the start of the season. By April, I'm sick of riding on my trainer indoors. It's hard to get outdoor rides in in Upstate New York because of the cold temps, but this jacket helps make it happen. Whenever I find Gore Bike Wear that's reasonably priced, I jump on the opportunity to get it--this purchase reinforced the feelings I have about Gore due to its quality, comfort, and fit. The red is great, making cyclists visible on dreary days. The soft shell is definitely wind resistant, and does a pretty nice job keeping the rain off. I did two 50 mile rides with this in April in the low 50s and the rain, and was still really comfortable. Enough said :)
on July 17, 2015
Totally in love with this jacket! I was in the market for a jacket to run in, but wasn't too pleased with any of the jackets Gore's Running line had to offer. So, I choose this jacket from their Bike line instead. I will admit, I did wait for it to get to the right price first as it was a little more than I wanted to spend originally. I figured if this didn't work out for running, I could always use an extra cycling jacket. I ordered one size bigger than my normal Gore size (XL instead of my usual L) as I wanted to have a little more room for flexibility and layering. I'm glad I did, because this fits exactly how I wanted it to. The front and back length don't differ as much as they normally do with biking jackets. The sleeves were the perfect length. I love the extended thumb hole sleeves as well! The instead is all fleece lined, which is sure to keep me warm and toasty on those chilly runs. I also appreciate the back zipper pocket; perfect for keeping my phone and keys in whether running or cycling. The Plum Blue/Black color is beautiful as well. I couldn't be happier with this jacket! I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great cycling or running staple to add to their collection.
on November 20, 2014
The quality of this jacket is outstanding. The outside is absolutely windproof with a thin but dense fleece lining. I have worn it in 30 degrees with 15-30 mph wind with just an inner and it worked great. It runs a bit small and I would recommend sizing up to accommodate for layering. I am 5'6", 126 lbs and normally wear S/M but went for L in this. The length of the jacket and sleeves is perfect for me. Front doesn't bunch up and back covers enough to not allow wind to get in. The sleeve cuff with the thumb insert is a great great feature. The whole jacket kinda envelops you in a bubble wrap to protect you from whatever mother nature has to offer.

I am new to winter bike riding and every time I ride, I try to notice the areas I am feeling cold in. Depending on the temperature and how protected I am, sometimes it's feet, fingers, neck, ears or face but never arms or the core. This jacket has made my hobby pleasurable.

I only wish it had zip opening at the armpit to offer for broader temperature range. But again, I don't know if that feature would have interfered with the windstopper property of the jacket.
on December 28, 2012
Based on other reviews, I went a size up, just so that I can layer. Went on a 40 mile ride, the weather was in the high 20's, stayed warm for the whole ride. Great jacket!! Usually, with my other gear, I tend to sweat more and then my body core starts to drop, but not with this jacket. It's breathable, which is important, especially on long rides. I was dry the whole ride, as well as, warm!
on December 15, 2011
Biking jackets fit snugly, so I have found that although I wear a small in most clothing, my biking jacket was a size medium. The fit is perfect, and it's exactly the color and fabric as the description. It's great for cool mornings- I usually ride at 5:30 a.m., and our temperatures are high 30's, low 40's. This jacket cuts the wind, but isn't too warm. Great jacket!
on December 4, 2012
I love this jacket even though...the stitching around the hand warmers starting falling apart pretty quickly. Other than that. I love the look and feel. It blocks wind like it's supposed to. Considering the great discount I received on this jacket, the hand warmers are minor and inconsequential. The stitching is holding up everywhere else.
on December 6, 2012
So after my last Gore purchase I still went ahead and bought this... Well, it does what is says, it is windproof, it does keep me warm but, the back and the arms aren't long enough. I will admit that I have a fairly short torso and longish limbs, but I'm not a bloody gibbon. The sleeves stop about 2" from my wrist. This would be almost ok if the stretchy white cuffs were long enough to fit over my thumbs (thus covering my bare skin and keeping the sleeves down). Alas, they only fit comfortably off the bike. As soon as I got on my bike the cuffs cut in to my thumbs and I had to unhook them. The length of the back is disappointing. The back is the right length off the bike, but as soon as I get on the bike and lean forward (on the hoods, I can't imagine how bad it would be in the drops) I found that the back stops just short of the top of my tights. Although my skin is covered, I am experiencing an uncomfortable cold patch.

I used to recommend Gore Bike Wear to everyone. I don't have a typical athletic body shape, so I was over the moon to find clothes that were cut for women with boobs. However, it seems as though things have changed and although the products are still well made, they are not really suitable for the intended purpose - and inch or so longer in the arms and back and this would have got five stars :(
on November 29, 2013
Wear this jacket for running in <40 degrees F, and it keeps me dry and warm in rain, snow, and wind. It's comfortable and true to size, and has great reflectors for increased visibility. So far, completely satisfied with my purchase.
on February 13, 2013
Nice color, definitely visible on a road. Sizing is just right even with layering, and you need that in <45F temp. I miss not having side pockets. Very long tight sleeves.
Definitely would recommend for light winter rides.
on May 2, 2013
I wore this in colder (but not super cold), rainy/snowy weather with layers and it kept me warm and dry. Very good for the money.