5.0 out of 5 stars It really is that much better

Published 14 months ago by art n gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is that much better, March 27, 2011
RandyM (Blue Ridge Mts, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
As a professional woodworker with over 30 years experience, I have used numerous wood glues over the years. Until Gorilla Glue came out with this wood glue, I would have said there really isn't that much difference in all the tried and true yellow wood glue products. They all worked just fine. The difference with Gorilla glue is the holding strength, even when watered down to add more working time and to ease spread-ability, when covering a large area, such as with laminating several pieces of wood together face-to-face. Just get your hands wet in a bucket of water and use the glue as it comes out of the bottle. Spread the glue evenly with your wet hands. The water on your hands will dilute the glue to give you about ten minutes of working time. Then put your hands back in the bucket to clean them off. With yellow glue, diluting it with water severely reduces it's holding strength and you can't get a smooth diluted mixture like you can with Gorilla Glue. With this glue, there are no yellow stains on the wood from the excess squeeze-out when it dries. For those of you whose garage is their shop, it's shelf life lasts better through cold (even freezing) and hot (over 100 degrees) temperatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars improvement, December 23, 2010
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
This relatively new product is much easier to use than the old "yellow glue". Dries faster and clear with no stain. Easier to clean up too.
Woodworking is my hobby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good glue, bad bottle, July 19, 2013
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is good, maybe great, wood glue. It works fine for my purposes, HOWEVER, the bottle is not so great. When you close this bottle it traps a bit of glue near the top of the cap, which thickens before the next use, making for a big waste of time as you try and try to squeeze some glue from the bottle. I always rinse the glue bottle tip using water and a rag, to be sure it is clean for the next use, but with this bottle that's not enough. A company employee told me to pull the outer, semi-transparent part of the cap entirely off, and then rinse the cap. Since this wastes glue and is not a hassle that I have to endure with other glue, I have purchased my last 18 ounce bottle of Gorilla Wood Glue. I'll go back to another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glue Master, March 7, 2014
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
Purchased item for my platform bed with 4 drawers underneath because started to chip and break off through the countless trips of moving with no care on the movers part. Can not blame it all on them, of course I can. I maybe over 200 IBS but that doesn't mean I broke the bed. Anyway, put some glue all around the seams and joints, now its good as new. Thanks to Gorilla Glue and Amazon my bed is better still good since 2007!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER STRONG JUST LIKE A GORILLA, March 2, 2014
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
This glue is not hype. It's strong as F***! It's just like Krazy Glue only that this is for wood. Not much more for me to say.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stong glue, February 3, 2014
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
Pretty strong glue. I used it to glue a drawer face back onto an accent table. It definitely holds when I pull on the handle to open the drawer as I used this drawer frequently. Decent price for the quantity.

4.0 out of 5 stars This glue holds, January 7, 2014
C2hammons (Scottsboro, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
have been using Gorilla glue for a few years
holds well
this was a good price for the size bottle

2.0 out of 5 stars not impressed at all, February 18, 2014
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
I expected much more from this product. However when it arrived, it was frozen solid as it was shipped during the harsh cold weather.
So I went to the website and found the product can go through a freeze and thaw period several times. Had this already occurred and was it beyond its usefulness?
The company representative told me what to do and shake vigorously once thawed. I shook it. My daughter shook it. My fiance shook it. Til our arms were tired we shook it making sure it was blended completely.
The very first job I did was glue a curved rail onto the top of a bed frames footboard. All the dowels had come loose over time. I even sanded the surfaces to be bonded as i know glue will soak into the pores of the wood, i clamped it and let it sit for not 24 hours as instructed, but 3 days. I didn't want my child's fingers permanently bonded to the wood as she wasn't in school. The moment I unclamped it and went to turn it around to glue the leg assembly on, the rail came completely off. So either the product had seen its freeze/ thaw cycle during shipping, or it is not the quality I have heard about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality That Will Stick With You!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
If you use this stuff regularly you will already know what I am going to say, AWESOME. If you want to hold something together for all time to come you want to use this stuff!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size bottle, April 23, 2013
This review is from: 18oz Gorilla Wood Glue (Tools & Home Improvement)
This glue can age, humidity gets to it, and it can turn into glorp, aka unuseable. This bottle is big enough to survive some of my average projects without me running out. A 4 oz bottle is just too small. Anything larger is usually too much. If you are forever running out with a smaller size bottle this is a good economical 'step up'. I do like the captip on it. A warning about this glue, if you get it on your hands it is going to have to WEAR off, there is nothing getting it off short of a few days and some dedication to literally scraping it off. For where wood needs to HOLD that bond, this beats most other glues.

18oz Gorilla Wood Glue