Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gorillaz [Explicit]
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on March 28, 2005
This is a good spooky song! after the first chorus it sounds like elevator music.
on August 23, 2001
I tried really hard to like it, but it's just simply, not good. If you ask me, it sounds like it' trying way too hard. Too hard to be important, different, or art for art's sake. It's chockful of boring trip-hop throwbacks, watered-down rock, awful rap, to stuff like 5/4, which is actually not that bad. It's uneven, too long, the lyrics are nonexistent, it's boring, it's just a waste of time. The only reason it's popular is because they make cool videos/it's rap/people are easily led to believe if they're buying something cool, they're nonconformists. I usually end reviews like this with something like, "if you want good trip-hop, go get ---" but I can't think of one. Bleh. Keep the emo/punk/rock alive. Go buy a Get Up Kids album and experience a little emotion and creativity in your music. I'm out.
on January 10, 2015
Great album, great buy!
on January 31, 2004
This album is great. LIke Many others, i got this because of the video Clint Eastwood and 19/2000. However the rest of the songs are different. The guys are cartoon characters and that caught alot of eyes. All of the songs on this CD are orinal and display great DJ skills. The Emcee shines everyonce in awhile. If you expect all of the songs to be like Clint Eastwood then you are wrong, but the playyful beat and melody makes you see the cartoons character doing what they are actually doing in your head. The Emcee doesnt talk about cars, hoes, chains or none of that, this is the type of CD that will put a smile on your face instead of hearing how rich some1 is.
Lyrics: B+
ProductioN:A
Delivery: B+
Overall: B+
on April 21, 2002
I absolutely love this cd!
The only problem is Latin Simone, I don't like it because it is not in english, and I think that it does not suit the other songs on the album, as they are rock/"dark pop" and it is "World Music" which I don't exactly like. Other than that, the album rocks!
Here is a list of my favorite tracks.
Clint Eastwood, great lyrics!
Rock The House, Awesome track!
19/2000, cool song with groovy chorus!
But my all time favorite would have to be Slow Country.
The remix for 19/2000 is heaps cool, as is the Clint Eastwood- Sweet Irie/ Ed Case Re-Fix.
Included in the enhanced content is the key to Murdoc's Winnebago, all you have to do is figure out how to get inside!
...
on July 17, 2002
The Gorillaz featuring some amazing vocals from the tight off the hook del the funky homosapien come at you live from England. This is one of the hottest albums of the year. Why? because you don't have to look for art in it. You just sit back and listen. The M1/A1 beginning reminds us all that Zombies are real, and that music has respected them, movies have respected them, why shouldn't we. Besides all that, there is more to this cd than meets the eye. Like bong noises, and yelling. Why can't we get along when you hear a cd like this I'll tell you WHY! BEcause this CD IS FABOLOUS!
on November 16, 2001
This CD rules! When I first bought it I thought "Oh no, I just bought a really bad album with 2 good songs", but I kept listening anyway and it is my favourite CD of all time because I gave it a chance, it hasn't left my CD player since I got it. However, my CD does not have Dracula or left hand suzuki method, it has a 19-2000 remix and a Clint Eastwood remix.
19-2000: Great beat, great lyrics, great song, nuff' said.
19-2000 (Soulchild remix): Same as before, just faster.
5-4: Pretty good beat and funny and good lyrics, "she turned my dad on!!"
Clint Eastwood: The hit single and best song of all time, a must listen to, a treat to the ears, and great lyrics.
Clint Eastwood (Sweetie irie refix): Ruined because it doesn't have del's lyrics in it, it has some guy with a rough voice. Still a great song.
Double bass: weird jungle beat. Good song.
Latin Simone: Absolutely mad spanish beat, mexican music never seemed good until now.
M1 A1: Keep listening past the "HELLO" bit and a great song is in store for your ears.
Man Research: once again, Gorillaz strikes with their beat and lyrics.
New Genious: My favourite song besides of course Clint Eastwood.
Punk: Simple Punk rock, didn't like punk rock till now.
Re-Hash: Lyrics, beat, another strike.
Rock the house ...(speechless at sheer greatness of song)...
Slow Country: Although this song is great, it's the worst song on the album.
Sound Check: after the girly lyrics, great Dj song.
Starshine: just keep listening and it's a good song.
Tommorow comes today: good song.
on November 15, 2001
I think that Gorillaz is more for fans of animation than fans of music. I fell in love with that little line that shows up on Murdoc's butt as he's thrusting himself around on the "Rock the House" video, but just listening to the CD was disappointing. Am I the only one who thinks that the music doesn't live up to the visuals?
on July 24, 2002
I am obsessed with Gorillaz and I bought the album a couple of weeks ago. The album is quite old (a year) but it is great. It is worth your money. The hit track "Clint eastwood" is awsome, and 5/4 is great with its i dunno....greatness. If you are a Gorillaz fan like me you should really buy this album!!!!!
on July 21, 2001
This is an incredibly good CD,i picked it randomly looking for new artists.Its definately the most unique music ive heard in a long time.Its the perfect blend of hip hop,pop,punk,rock,and almost everything else.It has its own genre,everybody who likes music at all should add this to their collection.